Bojinov or will Ribas suddenly start?

big game. 3 games to choose from tonight :lazy: Milan derby, Barca or this

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Who do you expect to start up front?

Bojinov or will Ribas suddenly start?

big game. 3 games to choose from tonight :lazy: Milan derby, Barca or this
A lot of people at Sporting is disappointed with Bojinov's performances so far and also because of it a great deal of sportinguistas is eager to see what Seba Ribas is all about. I am one of those but on the other hand I can very well imagine that Domingos could avoid burning Ribas and start Bojinov.

In any case what I really would like to see is that midfield triangle being inverted and have Elias and Schaars in a deeper line with Matías in front of them as a sort of number 10. Our football has been suffering from a lack of fluidity as we've been lacking someone that can bring the ball upfront from the defence, like Rinaudo was doing so well. I don't think Domingos will do that though. He will probably field Carrico as DM which is good to destroy but absolutely zero to build.

It's going to be a very tough match but last season we beat Braga away when they had a better team and a better coach and we had a shit team and a shit coach.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Liga ZON Sagres 2011/12
Round 15

Sunday, 15 January 2012, 21:15 CET
Estádio Cidade de Braga

Sp. Braga vs SPORTING CP

vs

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
A starting line-up full of surprises...

Rui Patrício
João Pereira - Onyewu - Rodríguez -Evaldo
Schaars - Elias
Matías
Capel - Seba Ribas - Insúa​

Domingos completely shuffles the team. We will play with the midfield like I wanted and Seba Ribas will start instead of Bojinov but the surprise is the inclusion of Insúa instead of Carrillo and the appearance of Evaldo as LB. Also a slight surprise to see Rodríguez returning to action as I expected Domingos to keep Polga. I'm happy with this XI even if Evaldo is always a liability.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Bench: Marcelo Boeck, Santiago Arias, Daniel Carrico, Pereirinha, André Martins, Jeffrén and Bojinov.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Braga starting strong, Hugo Viana could have scored.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Dangerous shot by Capel just wide the right post.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Great save by Rui from a Mossoró shot inside the box.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Dangerous freekick by Matias but Quim saved well.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Insúa forces Quim to a good save with a fine header.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Matias again shooting dangerously a tad over the crossbar.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Entertaining game, should be a good second half. Braga started strong, but you slowly started controlling the game and were the better team by the end of the half. Capel and Joao Pereira don't look to be on the same page, but it's likely due to the poor form JP has shown over the last month or so. Rodriguez will need to be careful in the second half as he's on a yellow and Braga are exposing his lack of pace.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
0-0 at HT

An interesting first half, very balanced and very tactical. Sporting took some time to settle well in the game, no doubt due to the many changes Domingos promoted in this game. We are playing with two defenders that haven't started for months (Rodriguez and Evaldo), a new left winger (Insúa), a debutant as a striker (Ribas) and a totally new tactical drawing in midfield. This gave Braga a slight advantage in the first 15' but we soon settled our game and showed in many occasions having many more solutions to make those defense/attack transitions that were so poor in the last couple of months or so. Schaars or Elias took that responsibility and that is obviously much better than seeing Polga send 459 long balls to row Q during 90 minutes. The problem is that Insúa is not an attacking winger and his performance so far doesn't justify Domingos' bet on him.

Jeffrén or Carrillo should come in for the place of Evaldo with Insúa going back to the place where he really belongs. Seba Ribas had a couple of nice technical details and seems to know well where to position himself inside the box.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Rodriguez will need to be careful in the second half as he's on a yellow and Braga are exposing his lack of pace.
He was really stupid in provoking that yellow card situation but man how much better he is than Polga. :relieved:

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
Fantastic move by Matias inside the box and shooting low against the post. Huge chance.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
1-0 to Braga at 51' by Hélder Barbosa. João Pereira doing his usual shit.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
1-0 Braga in the 50th minute. Helder Barbosa, made in Porto, with the goal.

Really terrible defending by Onyewu and Joao Pereira, running right by the ball and leaving Barbosa open all alone.

No chance for Rui.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Hugo Viana butchers down Diego Capel for a yellow card. Nasty stuff.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Insua off for Carrillo. Domingos makes the slightly more attacking move, although I agree with Filipe that it should have been for Evaldo, with Insua dropping to LB.

·
Registered
36,665 Posts
That's football: we miss the chance of the game to open the score and a defensive mistake gives Braga the lead.

Carrillo IN for Insúa now.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts