Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
as this will be a great finale and probably one of the most exciting ones ever, I think it deserves its own thread. Discuss the remaining big derbies, numbers, chances etc. here!

Top 3 (CL battle):

I think we can all agree, that the title race is closing down to 3 teams: Dinamo, Urziceni and Fc Timisoara

Dinamo's schedule: my prediction

29 Otelul Galati - Dinamo Bucuresti 2 :thumbsup:
30 Steaua Bucuresti - Dinamo Bucuresti X :thumbsup:
31 Dinamo Bucuresti - Poli Timisoara 1 :thumbsup:
32 Unirea Urziceni - Dinamo Bucuresti X :thmbdown:
33 Dinamo Bucuresti - FC Brasov 1
34 FC Arges - Dinamo Bucuresti X
-------
+

= 69 (1)
IMO this is an ideal schedule for Dinamo Bucucuresti except for the fact that they play Steaua and Arges away. Galati is a tough one at home but they lost a bid of their energy already and are walking on one limb now. Steaua is still Steaua but I can see Dinamo getting away with a point fairly easily. Timisoara at home is great and could become a dirty battle though. Urziceni is alot worse at home than away so that's a plus. Brasov at home is managable and Arges away could be that key game here.

Poli Timisoara: my prediction

29 CFR Cluj - Poli Timisoara 1 :thumbsup:
30 Poli Timisoara - Otelul Galati 1 :thumbsup:
31 Dinamo Bucuresti - Poli Timisoara 1 :thumbsup:
32 Poli Timisoara - Steaua Bucuresti X :thmbdown:
33 Poli Timisoara - Unirea Urziceni X
34 FC Brasov - Poli Timisoara X
-----
+ 61

= 69 (2)

Very difficult schedule for Timisoara here... every game except for maybe Galati at home will be up in the air and the troop will have to play their best games ever to stay in the race here. None of the remaining teams are step overs and they all can take points away from them at any given day.

29 Farul Constanta - Unirea Urziceni 2 :thumbsup:
30 Unirea Urziceni - CFR Cluj X :thumbsup:
31 Otelul Galati - Unirea Urziceni 2 :thumbsup:
32 Unirea Urziceni - Dinamo Bucuresti X :thmbdown:
33 Poli Timisoara - Unirea Urziceni X
34 Unirea Urziceni - Steaua Bucuresti X
-----
+ 56

= 68 (3)

Urziceni's schedule is slightly better than Timisoaras but not easy either. Their weakness at home could become a problem here but I'm sure Dan Petrescu got something planned out already. Their thin squad might become a problem in the last couple of games which ends with the highlight of Meme meeting his former club.

Euro League competition and relegation battle coming up soon ;)

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
On to the battle for the european spot... Since the top 3 are a bid above the rest and will definately play in Europe it's pretty safe to say that the spots 4-6 will be between: Steaua Bucuresti, CFR Cluj, Uni Craiova, Rapid Bucuresti, Fc Brasov and Fc Vaslui.

Steaua Bucuresti: my prediction

29 Gloria Buzau - Steaua Bucuresti 2 :thumbsup:
30 Steaua Bucuresti - Dinamo Bucuresti X :thumbsup:
31 Steaua Bucuresti - Rapid Bucuresti 1 :thmbdown:
32 Poli Timisoara - Steaua Bucuresti X :thmbdown:
33 Steaua Bucuresti - Universitatea Craiova 1
34 Unirea Urziceni - Steaua Bucuresti X
-------------------------------------------
+ 48

= 56(8)

Steaua has one easy game before they finally approach the nitemare schedule that killed us in the winter as well. This time though we have a bid of an advantage as the most crucial games will be played at home. This means we will either win or scrap out a point against the teams we'll play.

CFR Cluj: my prediction

29 CFR Cluj - Poli Timisoara 1 :thumbsup:
30 Unirea Urziceni - CFR Cluj X :thumbsup:
31 CFR Cluj - FC Brasov 1 :thumbsup:
32 FC Arges - CFR Cluj 2 :thumbsup:
33 CFR Cluj - Pandurii Tg Jiu 1
34 Gaz Metan Medias - CFR Cluj 2
-------------------------------
+48

= 64 (4)

CFR Cluj has the depth and quality to take on a good final spurt. Their management and coach changes did affect them already badly but they will benefit from their rather balanced schedule. They will have hard times in almost every game but get their points somehow as they usually do.

Uni Craiova: My predictions

29 Universitatea Craiova - Gaz Metan Medias 1 :thumbsup:
30 CS Otopeni - Universitatea Craiova 2 :thumbsup:
31 Universitatea Craiova - Gloria Buzau 1 :thmbdown:
32 Rapid Bucuresti - Universitatea Craiova X :thmbdown:
33 Steaua Bucuresti - Universitatea Craiova 1
34 Universitatea Craiova - FC Vaslui X
----------------------------------------
+46

= 60(6)

Craiova has a superb schedule for the end run and unless they crack under the pressure, they will be a great candidate for the Euro League spot. They just have to get their act together, especially Florin Costea. I honestly wouldn't have expected them to lose against Pandurii but that game was sort of special since it was a "derby" of Oltenia.

Rapid Bucuresti: my prediction

29 Rapid Bucuresti - CS Otopeni 1 :thumbsup:
30 Gloria Buzau - Rapid Bucuresti 2 :thumbsup:
31 Steaua Bucuresti - Rapid Bucuresti 1 :thmbdown:
32 Rapid Bucuresti - Universitatea Craiova X :thmbdown:
33 FC Vaslui - Rapid Bucuresti 1
34 Rapid Bucuresti - Politehnica Iasi 1
-----------------------------------------
+45

= 57(5)

Rapid Bucuresti is in serious troubles. Their players aren't paid and they don't show that determination anymore. Being labeled as favourites at the beginning of the season, what's left is a shattered team with low morale and alot of drama going on. Can't see them recover in the end and they'll face a season without a european spot imo.

29 Gloria Bistrita - FC Brasov X :thmbdown: (1:0)
30 FC Brasov - Farul Constanta 1 :thumbsup:
31 CFR Cluj - FC Brasov 1 :thumbsup:
32 FC Brasov - Otelul Galati 1 :thmbdown: (1:1)
33 Dinamo Bucuresti - FC Brasov 1
34 FC Brasov - Poli Timisoara X
-------------------------------
+45

= 50(9)

lets face it, Fc Brasov under Razvan Lucescu had a really good season considering promotion but their lack of a quality striker shows off now. Their many draws made things complicated and I doubt that Surdu :)howler:) can score them into the Euro League.

Fc Vaslui: My prediction

29 FC Vaslui - Pandurii Tg Jiu 1 :thumbsup:
30 Gaz Metan Medias - FC Vaslui X :thmbdown:
31 FC Vaslui - CS Otopeni 1 :thumbsup:
32 Gloria Buzau - FC Vaslui 2 :thmbdown:
33 FC Vaslui - Rapid Bucuresti 1
34 Universitatea Craiova - FC Vaslui X
------------------------------------
+42

= 55(7)

Vaslui has a relatively easy schedule ahead of them but this isn't going to help them as their season has been far too average to compete for a top 6 spot. Their new signings are nice but had too little of an impact to become a real force in Romania.

·
Registered
70,710 Posts
About the title battle, the good thing is that they have to face themselves. It will be hot games.

The bad thing is the Timisoara 6 points "in the air". We could have a problem there.

·
Registered
70,710 Posts
Spanish refs haven´t a good reputation. This one was the ref in the Steaua-Rapid of UEFA Cup. But I read yesterday that he doesn´t want the Romanian derby because he has to ref the Cup final in some days.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
41,262 Posts
'Matador' Medina Cantalejo will be the ref of Steaua-Dinamo game.
Just read something on a respected Serbian sports site that's pretty similar to this.

Rumuni traže naše fudbalske sudije
05.05.09. 16:00
Fudbalska federacija Rumunije danas je zvaničnim putem od Fudbalskog saveza Srbije zatražila da odredi trojicu naših sudija za arbitražu na utakmici rumunskog prvenstva između Kluža i Brašova, koja je zakazana za subotu, 16. maj.

FSS je sa zadovoljstvom prihvatio poziv, a članovi Sudijske komisije su odreagovali odmah i za glavnog sudiju odredili Dragomira Stankovića, kome će tom prilikom pomagati pomoćne sudije Nikola Tomičić i Igor Radojčić.

Your FA apparantly contacted ours and requested a ref for the match between Cluj and Brasov on the 16th of may. Our FA has responded positively and immediately chose Dragomir Stankovic, with assistants Tomicic and Radojcic.

I don't know if your FA is trying to prove the regularity of this league, but at Zvezda we know how dodgy Stankovic is, as he's ruined more than one derby.

Our league is really not the best for this type of sh!t, as we're overrun by corruption, sadly.

·
Registered
23,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:dazed:

Just read something on a respected Serbian sports site that's pretty similar to this.

Rumuni traže naše fudbalske sudije
05.05.09. 16:00
Fudbalska federacija Rumunije danas je zvaničnim putem od Fudbalskog saveza Srbije zatražila da odredi trojicu naših sudija za arbitražu na utakmici rumunskog prvenstva između Kluža i Brašova, koja je zakazana za subotu, 16. maj.

FSS je sa zadovoljstvom prihvatio poziv, a članovi Sudijske komisije su odreagovali odmah i za glavnog sudiju odredili Dragomira Stankovića, kome će tom prilikom pomagati pomoćne sudije Nikola Tomičić i Igor Radojčić.

Your FA apparantly contacted ours and requested a ref for the match between Cluj and Brasov on the 16th of may. Our FA has responded positively and immediately chose Dragomir Stankovic, with assistants Tomicic and Radojcic.

I don't know if your FA is trying to prove the regularity of this league, but at Zvezda we know how dodgy Stankovic is, as he's ruined more than one derby.

Our league is really not the best for this type of sh!t, as we're overrun by corruption, sadly.
Well, CFR vs Brasov is not really a "hot" game compared to the other top duels and I guess our FA just wants to make sure that theres no corruption inside of Romania and they must contact you guys because of our good relationship.

But CFR vs Brasov is nowhere close to Partizan vs Red Star ;)

1 - 20 of 98 Posts