Xtratime Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I'm new to xtratime, and i want to know, apart from blaming koeman and soler for Valencia's season, the defense need to take up the blame also. helguera in particular. where Valencia a one-man team with Ayala, or do we need someone really special to fill his boots.

and, xtra time is much more livelier than soccer pulse, especially the Valencia forum!

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
Erm we lack someone (like) Ayala. Helguera was never going to be the answer, he's just a cheap version of Albiol.

Our defense is weak physically, Ayala was not the most built nor the tallest but he was a ruthless mother****er.
We lack someone with experience as a captain + someone who can organise the defense. We will improve once Alexis returns to the starting line-up hopefully but IMO we can still improve some more if we sign a capable defender.

The problem is the fact that there are very few of Ayala's kind, he's a dirty no nonsense defender that can read the game.

Ruiz better start looking at central defenders from now, forget Jo(CSKA).

·
Registered
10,281 Posts
Welcome.

This season, Ayala has been very poor for Zaragoza as have them as a whole, so who knows, be we certainly could have used his leadership at the back, if it would have made a difference, we don't know. We do need a centre back though (especially if Marchena keeps playing in the midfield, which seems permanent), we have to test out Alexis and see if he is good enough to start, with Albiol, if they can gel we have got a duo that can last us years to come.

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
hi, I'm new to xtratime, and i want to know, apart from blaming koeman and soler for Valencia's season, the defense need to take up the blame also. helguera in particular. where Valencia a one-man team with Ayala, or do we need someone really special to fill his boots.

and, xtra time is much more livelier than soccer pulse, especially the Valencia forum!
:thumbsup: That's why i moved over here too. Btw what was your username there?

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
ayala we dont miss but we miss a player with similar qualities to him. His age ment that he needed to be replaced anyway

·
Registered
765 Posts
Ayala can burn in relegation for all I care ... I don't like the snippy way he left the club last season.
Still, I do miss his presence in the middle of the defense.

·
All For You
1,289 Posts
:thumbsup: That's why i moved over here too. Btw what was your username there?
btw LCF do you join soccerpulse too?? is your id named ava?? bcoz like you, she/he likes to post many pics in multimedia thread??

for me, we miss him so bad.. the defense is a different face right now. albiol maybe good but he's not mature enough to be the defense leader, i think we kinda push him too much. beside, if ayala were here, albiol will be more confident because ayala is a figure like "he's my guardian my mentor" so albiol can develop his skill while not having too many responsibility. helguera..well just go away, he's not proper to play football anymore. he just makes things more difficult (so does albiol task)

why our management never consider to buy ayala back?? i really expect it

·
Registered
34,126 Posts
LOL, i was on soccerpulse (same username) but they banned me until 2021 :D, anyway i'm not "ava", i just wait for her to post pics then i copy and paste it here. :howler:

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Ayala can burn in relegation for all I care ... I don't like the snippy way he left the club last season.
Still, I do miss his presence in the middle of the defense.
:googly:

His contract was expiring and he was told he wasn't getting a new one, did you expect him to stay?

·
Registered
14,137 Posts
He wanted twice more than the wage cap.

Why didn't he tell the club of his demands after the world cup? That way we could've at least made some cash for him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts