Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, I apologize to all dear members and friends in this forum for being away for the last few months..

I have, for the last 6 years or so, always thought of how life is going to be for us after Maldini..

And I also shared the suffering that we all had loosing Shevchenko and struggling to have somebody to replace him, even himself!!

Then we talked and talked about Kaka', the best and most influential player currently in our squad, we talked about Nesta, about the goalkeeper situation and about Pirlo..

Last night, the minute was 92, it hit me hard when I saw a struggling 35 year old striker, controlling the ball in the box between 2-3 defenders and poking it in the net, putting himself back on top of the list of European goalscorers, and saving his team from loosing to a team that doesn't know about Europe anything yet!!

WHERE THE HELL WILL WE BE WHEN PIPPO HANGS HIS BOOTS?!?!?!

I mean recalling how many goals he scored in the last minutes, the CL final, and more and more and more.. I think Pippo is the one we'll suffer most to replace..

I guess this thread is one of the many, well deserved praise discussions that this legend deserves, all over football forums everywhere..

FORZA SUPERPIPPO:heart:
UNO DI NOI:heart::heart:

FORZA MILAN

·
1st Tier Poster
50,023 Posts
come on he's a cool player but he hasn't been that influential lately, he hasn't been a starting regular for a long time

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who said anything about being "influential" or a "regular" starter?????

·
Registered
310 Posts
Pippo is great, but that's football - at 35 you are already old for the job! I suppose he will be replaced successfully by an younger and even better player on the pitch, while he will always be in our hearts!

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
pippo is unique. there are very few strikers out there who have the same sense for goal like he has. it is something you can't train, either you have it or you don't. most of the young strikers have much better technique, speed, passing, ... but when it comes to goalscoring pipo is still competitive and that is the most important feature of a striker.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
After Pippo retires you can sign van Nistelrooy (who's only 32 after all). You should be able to get three or four seasons out of him...

·
Defunct
23,341 Posts
Well if he has bigger boots then he has bigger feet, so he obviously can't wear Pippo's cause he wouldn't fit in them. The point is made. :shades:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Sure, there are other stikers that can replaced him. And I do think Raul might get the record on his name too. But what I really will miss about Pippo is his 'saviour-moments'. His last minutes goals. Most people called it luck. I called it mental-strength. The same strength that allows him the comeback after a year off due to injury. And it's the same strength that managed to push Lippi to select him for the 06' squad. Not to mention, that strength shows Liverpool what could happened in Istanbul if he was there instead.

I think I will get more gastric acid in my stomach if he's not there when we really, really need a goal.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
in Istanbul scoring goals what not the issue, it was the goals conceded. As for Pipo I did not enjoy seeing him play but these days I like the guy, the faces he makes when he gets called offside is priceless and he is very effective in what he does.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
After Pippo retires you can sign van Nistelrooy (who's only 32 after all). You should be able to get three or four seasons out of him...
We're hoping that Pippo can stay on until hes 40:thumbsup:,heck if paolo can do it why cant Pippo?:proud:.They're both one of a kind and with all their injuries they've endured are still producing.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
The most special thing about Pippo is his determination, his willing to win, and he play with passion, you can see it when he is celebrating his goal, look at in his face and his eyesight, and then you can feel it...

:proud:

Attachments

·
Registered
15,743 Posts
We'll only miss him in terms of nostalgia and emotion. In reality Andy's point sums it up, he's not a starter for a reason so in footballing terms he wont be a huge loss for our squad. It'll be worrying if he was, remember we have Borriello and Pato.

Pippo's like the '68 Impala that you almost got caught street racing, made out with a hot girl in the backseat, and you keep it for those memories but you have an M3 Coupé parked in the driveway. I'm a sucker for nostalgia though.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts