Xtratime Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Game: 02/10/04 - Lima -05:30PM local time

Coritiba was IMO one of toughest team to play against during last year Brasilerao. For this game they will be game three of their new signings Aristizabal, Igor and Tita. This is their second appearance ever in the Libertadores after 18 years. I looking forward to see World U20 champ Adriano the right back. Plus Luis Mario left me a good impression when I saw him play last.

Sporting Cristal is a traditional Peruvian power. It has several Peru NT players among them the keeper Erick Delgado, captain Jorge Soto, Henry Quinteros and Carlos Zegarra.

Despite all this the Brasilian and truthfully most people consider the Peruvians the weakest team in the group. But at home they will be tough.

Let's see if Coritiba can maintain the brasilian streak going with a fourth win out four games.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Possible line ups:

CRISTAL: Erick Delgado, Amilton Prado, Miguel Villalta, Alberto Rodríguez, José Moisela, Norberto Araujo, Carlos Zegarra, Jorge Soto, Henry Quinteros, Carlos Orejuela y Luis Alberto Bonnet.

CURITIBA: Fernando, Adriano, Miranda, Esmerode, Nascimento, Ricardinho, Capixaba, Brum, Eder, Laercio y Luis Mario.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
they better win

i dont think i can take any more of cienciano fans gloating how their team can peform on the international stage and lima based teans cant;)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Final score 4-1 for Sporting Cristal.

The first defeat for a Brasilian team in the Libertadores. With the exception of the first half hour., the Peruvians were the better team and the score reflects what happened on the field.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts