Xtratime Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Final

Sao Paulo 3 - Cobreloa 1

Luis fabiano finally played well on a Libertadores game. deserved result though it was highly contested in the 2nd half. Luis Fabiano's 2nd goal was great.

·
Registered
19,633 Posts
Who is this guy, Vastic, who scored Sao Paolo's third goal according to livescore.com?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Went to the stadium to see it was great, 2 or 3 minutes in the game and Luis scores from a wonderfull volley, the second goal was an own goal from Cobreloa and we had an own goal aswell scored by Cicinho :(

The third and final goal was simply amazing :star: LF dribbled 2 players and then placed a shot from outside the area :eek:

OAnimal the third goal by SPFC was scored by Luis Fabiano, so that was a mistake,.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Everyone here knows that I believed in São Paulo even before the year started. But despite the good results, I have to say I'm a little disappointed with some things.

The defense is ok. I'm still waiting for a real test, but so far so good. Rodrigo is a good surprise and is doing well alongside a matured and more calm Fabão. A very different player from that young desesperated defender that we saw back in his Flamengo days, I might say.

Alexandre and Simplício are working well and providing a solid partnership at the defensive midfield.

The problems with these positions are the lack of good substitures. Lugano and Adriano proved to be not the most trustable players around...

The offensive part is my complain. I expected more from the playmakers. São Paulo is playing in a 4-2-3-1 system, and the three guys responsible for the creation of plays are far from reaching their best. And the worst part is, even if they reach it, I don't know if it'll be enough.

Fabio Santos is doing ok. He's a really good prospect for the future and I believe in his potential. He can be very useful, marking as a third-DM and giving more freedom to Grafite, Marquinhos and Luís Fabiano upfront. But he still has a lot to learn and offensively he is nothing more than a very green version of Elano.

A lot of people talked about Marquinhos last season when Parana had a decent campaign. He seemed to score a lot of goals and everything, but everytime I saw an entire game with him playing he failed to impress me. In São Paulo, he's even worst. He shows some lapses with good passes and vision, but also makes a lot os mistakes. I don't think he has the quality to be the number 10 the team rely on to dictate the rythim of a game. Maybe in the future, but now he's a just a piece that is not working.

Grafite seemed to have a good start, but then had a drop in his form. Yesterday he played more as an second-attacker, moving to the left-side and center instead of being stuck in the right like he was before. He showed some evolution, but he has to show more consistency in the next few games.

Cicinho and Luís Fabiano are the good part. Despite the own goal yesterday, the former Atlético Mineiro right-back seems to already have got the sympathy of the tricolor supporters. Luís Fabiano had a couple of bad games, but even when he doesn't play at his best, he scores like crazy. 10 goals in 8 games. Impressive to say at least.

São Paulo needs a player that can make the difference in the midfield in at least one of three spots. Otherwise, I think that it'll be very hard to reach the level of Santos and Cruzeiro. I still think that São Paulo is gonna win the Paulista, but it'll take more to challenge for Brasileiro and Libertadores.

Also, I see the lack of will and attitude in some crucial moments. Yesterday the team scored twice and thought it was enough, when it was clear that if they wanted, they could have put 6 at the bag of Cobreloa. This way, São Paulo almost complicated a very easy game. Cuca has to work on this, making the players more avid for the goal at any minute and also more focused.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Marquinhos was bad but not that bad, he actually fought back the times he would give the ball away. Cicinho although he created left room for a good attack to score against us, I don´t think he serves as a lateral.

Grafiti was simply brilliant, gave the assist for the first goal and would win most long passes and hold it till the attack would support him. Plus he would always help the defence in conerkicks.

Not a great talent, but a very good partner for LF

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I also think that Cicinho would be more better in the midfield. When you go to the stadium you notice things that you aren't able to see very well on TV. Cicicnho's problem is not that he doesn't know how to mark, he's lazy to mark, as lame as that may sound.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Roberto Gallo said:
I also think that Cicinho would be more better in the midfield. When you go to the stadium you notice things that you aren't able to see very well on TV. Cicicnho's problem is not that he doesn't know how to mark, he's lazy to mark, as lame as that may sound.
no its not lame, he walked back most of the time he lost the ball. And after a while I think SP started to play with 3 CBs after they subbed Nery and Cicinho had more cover.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I think they will get their toughest test of their season so far when they meet LDU Quito in the high altitude in Quito.

:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts