Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its tommorow, after 10+ years away from Libertadores we are back!

Not with one of our best teams but with a great player, Luis Fabiano:star:, and great lider with cold feet syndrom that will for sure break away from this terrible disease! At least I hope so :(

expected line up:
São Paulo - Rogério; Cicinho, Rodrigo, Lugano e F. Santos; Alexandre, Fábio Simplício, Marquinhos e Gustavo Nery; Grafite e Luis Fabiano

Anyone have any info o Alianza? Did they win the peruvian league?

·
Banned
37,734 Posts
LIternit:

bad thing is that Grafite and Luis Fabiano are saying that they will do a lot of catimba in Peru. Din't they learn from our experience last year??

anyway.. GO ALIANZA:tongue: ;)

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep I heard that, I don´t think Peru was ever known for being catimbeiros so I don´t know why they are saying that.

I just hope LF does not screw this up :( and Grafiti should shut the **** up :D I hope he is a better player than I think he is.

ps. Since I´m so clueless when it comes to my team, does anyone knows where is Kleber?

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ivan Palmer said:
We forced him to go to Dynamo de Kiev , for about U$2,2 millions .
Great now we are left with Retardeli, Grafiti and Jean :howler:

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Screw Goias and its scraps :(

1x1 so far, but we are playing badly! We don´t have anyone to make the plays and LF isnt getting good service.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2x1, Rogerio Ceni :star: and Fabão

We played like crap the first half and were a little better on the second, not a great match but enough for a win. Cicinho the most promissiong sign was aweful.

The problem is that we don´t have a creative mid, we are left with Marquinho, Simplicio and Gustavo Nery to make the plays. Grafiti made one good cross but I would like to have Kleber over him :(

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Sao Paulo playing like this will have a hard time advancing pass the 1st round.

Liternit hit the nail on the head, creative midfield is non existent. Alianza also was very limited and probably too cautious.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Yep Marquinhos was supposed to be the creative mid, so far from what I´ve seen he is very poor. But 2 games ain´t much, I just hope the team gets better. The way it is its to hard to watch :(

but what do you think of the group? Is Alinza supposed to be the strongest side?

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
No, Alianza is not the best team IMHO, though they can play better than what they did on Wednesday. Remember that Cobreloa and Liga de Quito play at high altitude. Cobreloa tends to be a very tough team but based on what I saw in their first game they may be the weakest this time around. The stronger team right now I would say is Liga de Quito, maybe even stronger than Sao Paulo. This is just based on watching the two games where these 4 teams played. Still a long way to go though.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Gabemar said:
No, Alianza is not the best team IMHO, though they can play better than what they did on Wednesday. Remember that Cobreloa and Liga de Quito play at high altitude. Cobreloa tends to be a very tough team but based on what I saw in their first game they may be the weakest this time around. The stronger team right now I would say is Liga de Quito, maybe even stronger than Sao Paulo. This is just based on watching the two games where these 4 teams played. Still a long way to go though.
Playing in high altitude does make things harder, worst part is that we will face 2 teams in high altitude :( But I guess we started well, a win away is quite hard.

We will play Cobreloa next and Quito will have a harder game even though they will play at home.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Actually I thought that Cicinho was decent. He was the main offensive weapon and he contributed in 70% of the plays.
Nery and Grafite were awful, even though I think they are pretty decent players.
MoM was Fabão. Simplício and Alexandre were also quite good.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Roberto Gallo said:
Actually I thought that Cicinho was decent. He was the main offensive weapon and he contributed in 70% of the plays.
Nery and Grafite were awful, even though I think they are pretty decent players.
MoM was Fabão. Simplício and Alexandre were also quite good.
70% offensive plays, maybe. But how many organized offensive plays there was? 4 in a the whole game and maybe that is even much, there was only one good play with Simplicio and Luis Fabiano.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Roberto Gallo said:
Actually there were two good plays, and of them was in a good play from Cicinho in the first half, for a poor Luis Fabiano finish.
Also lets not forget how many times Alianza used Cicinho´s back, I don´t think he has the tank to be so attacking and still play defense. If Cuca wants him attacking he will have to give cover to him or move him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts