Xtratime Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peñarol will be missing 3 key players for this match (Bueno, Estoyanoff and Cedres). Also the high altitude will be as usual a factor. To get a positive result Pe►4arol will have to ver, very solid defensively and disciplined. Since America has a very strong forward line that will cause havoc.

America with full squad and with Navia and Blanco leading the attack they look as the team to beat in this group.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
America 3 - Peñarol 1

Peñarol almost pulled a good draw out of this game. But gave up a goal on a defensive error with 5 minutes to go on the game, after showing good form.

Ovelar was huge on goal and with the exception of the error on the second goal the defense was very solid.

BTW after the 2nd goal the teamlost it's head. Diogo got himself ejected for no reason whatsoever And then they gave up a stupid PK.

Despite the result it was a good showing that bodes well for this team, specially when Bueno, Estoyanoff and Cedres rejoin them.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Gabe, Estoyanoff is playing with Fenix:depress:

But geez, we held up so well until the end where we lost our heads...it's pretty good signs actually and our next 2 games at home should bring 6 points hopefully.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
I still have hope we can bring him back, but it's just hope.

I read somewhere, when looking at salaries, Blanco makes more in one month, than our entire team makes in one month.

Our brightest star in that game was Sergio Leal. Well now there are rumors, that several Mexican clusb are trying to sign him.

Damiani said he doesnt want to sell the player, but considering our financial position, we could not turn down the right offer.

If he goes we better bring Lolo back.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Sebastian50 said:

I read somewhere, when looking at salaries, Blanco makes more in one month, than our entire team makes in one month.
Funny you said that.. during the match Blanco made several remarks at our players about being poor and making no where near as much money as he does...can't wait until the return match ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts