Votes: 1 16.7%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Match ups

Keepers
Gremio: Martins looked much better that I thought he might against River. Not too shabby.:)
Nacional; Munua is always solid
Advantage: Nacional

Defense
Gremio: was superb in their disply against River. They look rock solid in the back.
Nacional: Their presentation against America was impressive especially since they were somewhat inconsistent in the first round defensively.
Advantage: Gremio

Midfield
Gremio: Tinga was all over the place against River. The physical effort of this midfield was superb in the second round. It is going to be very difficult to get pass this wall of a midfield.
Nacional: Despite Vanzini and Coehlo's efforts this midfield is somewhat average but they will fight till the end.
Adavantage: Gremio

Forwards
Gremio: Mendez playing the slot position behind the strikers has worked wonders for Gremio so far but the main forwards has to step up at some point if they want to get o the final
Nacional: This is were nacional has proven to be a trmendous force because Richard Morales is handful up there and can make the difference.
Advantage: Nacional

Two traditional teams of Libertadores play, gremio superior midfield play could make the difference.

Winner: Gremio

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Gremio is my choice...obviously due to the way they have arrived at this stage.........Of course with Nacional and all the Charruas you can never count them out, but only one goes thru and the Brazilians are just on a roll ..

;)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it will be the Boca - Olimpia winner, but I am not sure.

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Nacional maybe without it's best players, for this encounter as Uru have some internationals lined up near these dates.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The game has just started

Gremio: Eduardo Martini
Anderson Polga
Claudimomiro
Róger
Anderson Lima
Emerson
Tinga
Zinho
Gilberto
Luizao
Rodrigo Mendes

Nacional
Gustavo Munúa
Diego Scotti
Alejandro Lembo
Damián Rodríguez
Daniel Leites
Richard Pellejero
Marco Vanzini
Oscar Javier Morales
Walter Coelho
Gustavo Varela
Richard Morales

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gremio 1 - Nacional 0 FINAL

Rodrigo Fabri scored for the brazilians. The return game in Montevideo it's going to be a war.

·
94,487 Posts
Gremio Takes First Leg from Nacional

05/08/2002.

Rodrigo Fabri needed less than five minutes to break a scoreless match between Gremio and Uruguayan club Nacional in the quarterfinals of the Copa Libertadores. Gremio won 1-0. Played in Porto Alegre, it was the first leg of the quarterfinal matchup.

Fabri entered in the 77th minute for Gilberto, and by the 79th he had the Brazilian club in the lead. The return leg is next week in Montevideo.

LINEUPS
GREMIO: Eduardo Martini (GK), Anderson Polga, Claudimomiro
Róger, Anderson Lima, Emerson, Tinga (Fabio Baino), Zinho, Gilberto (Fabri), Luizao and Rodrigo Mendes (Luis Mario).

NACIONAL: Gustavo Munúa (GK), Diego Scotti, Alejandro Lembo, Damián Rodríguez, Daniel Leites, Richard Pellejero,
Marco Vanzini, Oscar Javier Morales, Walter Coelho (Peralta), Gustavo Varela (Mendez) and Richard Morales (Barros).

:cap:

·
94,487 Posts
Ze da Fiel said:
Gremio.

GAbe and COlocolo,
who will the winner get from this pairing??:confused: :rolleyes: :cool:
The Gremio-Nacional Winner gets to play the Boca Jrs-Olimpia Winner ....Confirmed, sealed and delivered .....

;)

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Not a to bad result for Nacional, if the tricolores hinchas get behind there back for the return leg there offensive play may have a chance to take over the Brasilians.

·
94,487 Posts
Claudiomiro Heads Gremio Into Semifinals

05/15/2002. Brazilian side Gremio follows in the footsteps of Sao Caetano by earning a semifinal berth in the 2002 Copa Libertadores. Gremio escaped Montevideo with a 1-1 draw against Uruguay powerhouse Nacional.

A Claudiomiro goal mid way through the second half cancelled out a Richard Morales penalty kick in the 53rd minute. Morales' spot kick drew the clubs level on goals 1-1, because Gremio took the first leg 1-0 last week. Gremio wins the series 2-1 on aggregate.

But Claudiomiro's header will be long remembered by Gremio supporters. Right after Claudiomiro's heroics, Nacional received a lifeline when Luiz Mario was sent off, but despite the man advantage for the final 20 minute the home side could not break through.

2 Brazucas in the Semis ..... :eek:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Xcellent result by Gremio they are certainly a solid candidate to win the whole thing. They IMO have been the favorites from the begining and now they are proving it.

·
Canonized
37,734 Posts
colocolo,

Gremio or Azulao for the whole thing.

At the satrt of the competition i predicted Gremio or Flamengo to win it. Now I'll just say Gremio;) :D

Although i hope is Sao Caetano....... i have nightmares of playing Gremio in Libertadores..... if they win, we will eventually play them next year!:( :devil: :devil: :devil:

To me, Gremio are the worst team one can draw in any Libertadores!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts