• Montevideo Wanderers

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,478 Posts
Group 6 ....... The Last King enters the Arena.........

BOCA JUNIORS

Info

Nickname:Xeneises, Bosteros
Uniform:Blue and Gold
Barrio: La Boca, City: Buenos Aires, Country: Argentina
Stadum:La Bombonera
Championships: 21 Championships
Links: www.bocajuniors.com (Seems to be out of service)
http://www.geocities.com/Colosseum/4355/

Short History

Founded in a plaza in the Boca neighborhood by 5 friends in April, 1905.

Players
Mauricio Serna: Colombia NT defensive midfielder
Roman Riquelme: SA player of the year. He is simply awesome
Gustavo Barros Schelotto: El mellizo always dangerous midfielder/forward
Marcelo Delgado: Quick and deadly forward

Supporters-Barra-Chants
Barra Name: Los Bosteros
Hymn:Boca Juniors, Boca Juniors, ¡Gran campeón del balompié, que despierta en nuestro pecho entusiasmo, amor y fe! Tu bandera azul y oro en Europa tremoló como enseña vencedora donde quiera que luchó.
Boca es nuestro grito de amor. Boca nunca teme luchar. Boca es entusiasmo y valor. Boca Juniors... a triunfar.
Con tu enseña vistoriosa que es de fuego y cielo azul, en la cancha se entusiasma nuestra fuerte juventud... Electrizan tus colores, viejo Boca vencedor y en los campos de combate es glorioso tu pendón.
Boca es nuestro grito de amor. Boca nunca teme luchar. Boca es entusiasmo y valor. Boca Juniors... a triunfar.

SANTIAGO WANDERERS

Info

Nickname:panzas Verdes, Caturros
Uniform:Green and white
Barrio: Playa Ancha, Ciudad: Valparaiso, Country: Chile
Stadium: Municipal de Valparaiso (But also play at Viña del Mar's Sausalito).
Championships: 3 National Titles
Links: www.swanderers.cl/

Short History

Known as the Founders of Chilean Futbol.....their foundation dates back over 100 years to August 15, 1892 .

Players
Toro: Chile NT #2 Keeper
Jaime Ormeño: Chile NT player
Fernandez: Uruguayan striker. Top goalscorer for the team last year.
Dwight Pessarozzi: Guatemala NT best player. Very good forward

Supporters-Barra-Chants
Barra Name: Verde como los pinos.
Hymn:El Santiago Wanderers
Supo Conquistar
Para sus colores
El puesto de honor.
Y sus jugadores
Cual feroces leones
Dieron en el campo
Pruebas de valor.

Al batir las palmas
Queda la victoria
Entre los cantores
De la juventud.
Alegres cantemos
Por siempre juremos
Defender la honra
Y el nombre del club.

Vamos al field
Vamos al field
A conseguir
A conseguir
Que nuestro team
Con honor, con valor
Vencerá en la lid.

Que nuestro club
Que nuestro club
Hoy como ayer
A sus rivales
Siempre supo vencer.

EMELEC

Info

Nicknames:Electricos
Uniform: Blue and white
Barrio: :), Ciudad: Guayaquil, Country: Ecuador
Stadium: George Capwell
Championships:8
Links:http://csemelec.com

Short History

Founded April 28, 1929 within the grounds of the Electricity Company of Ecuador, Guayaquil.

Players
Carlos Hidalgo: Voted second best player in ecuadorian championship last year. Great defensive midfielder for Ecuador NT
Wellington Sanchez: Ecuador NT midfielder
Moises Candelario: Another Ecuador NT midfielder
Carlos Alberto Juarez: Big Ecuador NT forward. Top goalscorer in the ecuadorian league last year
Otilino Tenorio: Top goalscorer of the Merconorte Cup last year.

Supporters-Barras-Chants

Barra Name: Boca del Pozo
Hymn:Y YA LO VE, Y YA LO VE
(La canción de Emelec,
versión99')

El ballet azul señores
este año se pasó
y del pueblo ecuatoriano
es el cuadro sensación.

Sin estrellas, ni vedettes
siempre luchando con fé
así gana los partidos
el equipo de Emelec.

Ibarra, Coronel y Saso
Mendoza, Hidalgo y Moreira
Fernández, Candelario y García
Juarez, Pavel y Kaviedes
son los extraterrestres.

A mi equipo azul y plomo
nadie lo puede vencer
como juega la pelota
el equipo de Emelec.

Y ya lo ve, y ya lo ve
es el equipo de Emelec.

BIS

Gane o pierda lo queremos
porque les sobra valor
si van dejando en la cancha
pedazos de corazón.

Por eso es que lo seguimos
para gritarles con fé
adelante los muchachos
del equipo de Emelec.

Y ya lo ve, y ya lo ve
es el equipo de Emelec.

MONTEVIDEO WANDERERS

Info

Nickname:Bohemios
Uniform:White and Black/Stripes on Jersey
Barrio:Millan, City: Montevideo, Country: Uruguay
Stadium:Franzini/Centenario
Championships:1 ????
Links:www.mwfc,com.uy
www.montevideowanderers.com

Short History

Founded August 15,1902

Players

Nani, Ferreira, Irigoyen, Bengua, De Sousa

Supporters-Barra-Chant
Barra Name:Los Bohemios
Hymn: ???

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Boca 1
Boca 2
Boca 3............. :howler: actually: Wanderers 2 (The Chilenos) Emelec 3 and Montevideo Wanderers 4 . ;)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
It's obvious that Boca is the favorite to go through in this group, despite this Boca version not being as good as last year's, let alone anywhere near as good as two years when they were simply excellent.

Boca still has some excellent players like Riquelme (the current SA player of the year), Serna, Delgado etc. just that will make them favorites. I believe they'll go through but it will be tougher than expected especially since Bianchi has left. FIRST

Santiago Wanderers: The chilean champions are basically new to this competition, their leading scorer is gone and the coach that put together the winning side is also gone. They will still compete for a spot in the second round but lack of experience will make them come up short. THIRD

Emelec: The ecuadorian champions are a really young team (average 23 years) but they are very experienced in international competiton. With 5 NT players, Merconorte Final and second round Libertadores experience from last year IMO they have a good shot at going through. SECOND

Montevideo Wanderers: Another internationally inexperiece team. They have put a lot effort in putting together a decent team. Unfortunately the coach that got them to the Libertadores is also gone. FOURTH

·
Registered
393 Posts
Boca all the way. Not much to say.

Look for Merconorte runner-ups Emelec to be fighting for 2nd place. I don't see too much "wondering" around

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Montevideo Wanderers qualified for this tournament on pure grit, and that will be thier only hope considering they lost best players, since the end of the season.

Boca all the way, couldn't predict the rest.

Boca coach Taberez has asked his club to buy Dario Rodrigues from Penarol, he would even further Boca's lock in group.

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gabemar said:

Santiago Wanderers: The chilean champions are basically new to this competition, their leading scorer is gone and the coach that put together the winning side is also gone. They will still compete for a spot in the second round but lack of experience will make them come up short. THIRD

Actually.....Their leading scorer the Uruguayan Fernandez NEVER did sign in Mexico and came back to Stgo Wanderers together now with Dwight Pessarozzi, also signed in the off season...A great tandem of strikers....Also bear in mind that Dabrowski, their new Coach, played several seasons with ColoColo in the years of Libertadores, and was a pivotal player to the 1991 Campaign in which ColoColo attained the Cup.....So...those are the renewed hopes for the Porteños, even though they have ZERO Libertadores xperience I placed themsecond as the Team is actually improved since they won the Chilean Championship a month or so ago !! :)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
colocolo I don't disagree that Santiago Wanderers is a good team and maybe even better now. But Emelec is also pretty good they also just won the ecuadorian championship about a month ago. They got to the merconorte final which on the way there they eliminated the Mexican Champs. To add to this in last Libertadores Cup with basically the same team they got to the second round, on the way there they eliminated Olimpia and Sporting Cristal and beat Cruzeiro and River at home. So you see at this point I have to give them the edge over Santiago Wanderers, mainly because it's the same young core players of the last couple of years.:)

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And that's why these forums are good....Everyone is entitled to their opinions and in top of it all "La Sangre Tira " :) Deep inside you always pull for the homeside...If not ask :dielaugh: the Brazucas !!!
Emelec will probably be second, but I want Stgo Wanderers to pull through !!! What can I say ???

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Colo Colo please from next tiome write at least the firsts names of the players in order for us to learn some players...

As for the group,what to say?Boca and only Boca for the first place and then Santiago Wanderers.

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kostas said:
Colo Colo please from next tiome write at least the firsts names of the players in order for us to learn some players...

As for the group,what to say?Boca and only Boca for the first place and then Santiago Wanderers.
Yes...I shall do..I know its hard for you in Greece, specially on repeat last names !!! :glasses:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
colocolo I went ahead and edited a little bit of the players info of the top of my head. Please add anything as you see fit.

Kostas I hope this help a little bit on getting to know the players and the team potentials.

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No prob...thanxs....I've already done the homewk on Gr 8 for tonite, I believe I have last names only also...Just in case as usual,,whatever you see out of place just ammend it..:smileani:
Hey...We're getting there..Next week..Libertadores Action !! :excited:

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Yes Gabe,this helped me a lot;)
This is my first Libertadores that i will "see" so informed!!

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
feb 6

Montevideo Wanderers Vs Emelec

Boca and Stgo Wanderers see NO action this week.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Emelec are performing at all cylinders. They started they're ecuadorian championship campaign today with a 6-0 demolition of Deportivo Cuenca. Watch out for these guys I got the feeling they will go far this year in the Libertadores Cup.:D

·
94,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Gabemar said:
Emelec are performing at all cylinders. They started they're ecuadorian championship campaign today with a 6-0 demolition of Deportivo Cuenca. Watch out for these guys I got the feeling they will go far this year in the Libertadores Cup.:D
My only concern here would be...Do they have a DEEP bench ??? Like the Argentinians and or Brazilians ??? Because that WILL decide how good they do in 2 championships being played almost 2wice a week....Without GOOD reserves you're doomed in the Libertadores as well as the Champions League...In South America the Brazilians and Argentinians ARE the only ones with great fresh players in the bench that can change the outcome of a game just like that..

:cool:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
http://www.internetsoccer.com

Emelec minus two starters against Montevideo Wanderers

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

by Danny Bueno
6 February 2002 (TEAMtalk) -- Emelec will be without Otelino Tenorio and Luis Moreira when they open their Libertadores campaign against Montevideo Wanderers on Wednesday.

Ecuadorian champions Emelec will look to continue their recent success when they kick-off their Copa Libertadores campaign away to Uruguay’s Montevideo Wanderers.

The Group Six match is set for 6:30 p.m. local time in Wanderers’ Estadio Luis Franzini. Emelec and Wanderers are joined in Group Six by Santiago Wanderers and Argentina’s Boca Juniors.

Emelec began the 2002 season with a bang after thrashing Deportivo Cuenca 6-0 in the Ecuadorian league opener on the weekend.

Wanderers also began their league run with a shutout, 1-0 over Villa Espanola.

Emelec’s Argentine striker Carlos Alberto Juarez will be looked on to provide the offensive fireworks for Carlos Sevilla’s side. Juarez led the Ecuadorian league in goals scored last year, finding the back of the net 17 times.

Midfielders Moises Candelario and Luis Arango will orchestrate the Emelec attack. Both scored goals in Emelec’s league opener.

Sevilla, however, will have to do without the services of Tenorio and Moreira. Tenorio, the top goalscorer of the Copa Merconorte, is recovering from surgery, and Moreira stayed in Ecuador with an injury. Moreira netted two goals for Emelec and was injured in their win over Cuenca.

Wanderers’ coach Santiago Ostolaza will field the same starting 11 that defeated Villa Espanola. Not expected to start is striker Jorge Martinez, who scored the lone goal as a substitute in Wanderers’ win over the weekend.

Ostolaza is wary of his Ecuadorian rivals.

“Emelec are the champions of Ecuador, a country that reached the World Cup,” Ostolaza said. “We have to be careful with Juarez and the Colombian Arango.”

Wanderers are hoping to have a better run in 2002 than they did last year. They finished the Uruguayan Clausura season in a dismal sixth place with only 12 points in nine matches. They qualified for the Libertadores on the last day of the pre-Libertadores tournament by defeating Danubio 3-0.

Probable line-ups:

Emelec: Daniel Viteri; Carlos Quiñónez, Luis Zambrano, Augusto Porozo, David Vilela; Richard Borja, Carlos Hidalgo, Moisés Candelario, Luis Arango; Moisés Cuero, Carlos Juárez.

Wanderers: Mauricio Nanni; José Herrera, Julio Ramírez, Juan Carlos Lago, Ronald Ramírez; Sebastián Eguren, Fernando Fadeuille, Claudio Dadomo, Alejandro Larrea; Julio De Souza, Sergio Blanco

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
February 06, 2002

Montevideo Wanderers - Emelec

It should be a very fast and entertaining game between 2 young teams. Despite the "bohemios" home field advantage I like the "electricos" chances of getting at least a point in their visit to Montevideo.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts