Xtratime Community banner

Who will advance ... Cienciano or America ??

• Cienciano

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • America (Mx)

Votes: 4 100.0%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Cienciano Finished 2nd in Gr. 2
America Finished 1st in Gr. 7

How they stack against each other?

Keepers
Cienciano:
1 Manuel Riofrio
12 Maurinho Mendoza

America:
1 Hugo Pineda
12 Alberto Becerra
25 Jose Adolfo Rios

Defense
Cienciano:
Victor Santisteban
2 Luis Molina
3 Martin Raul Garcia
5 Gilberto Flores
14 Cesar Charun
15 Alessandro Moran
18 Cesar Cahuantico
24 Nestor Candia

America:
Jesus Gomez
2 Jose Alfredo Gonzalez
5 Duilio Davino
13 Pavel Pardo
14 Octavio Valdez
16 Ricardo Rojas
28 Alberto Salinas

Midfield
Cienciano:
Manuel Rivera
3 Carlos Maldonado
6 Luis Carlos Cumapa
8 Miguel Ortega
10 Oscar Olvera
11 Gerardo Fernandez
16 Julio Garcia
19 Adolfo Carrasco
21 Carlos Torres
22 Jose Pozgay
25 John Garrafa

America:
Alvaro Ortiz
Jesus Lopez Meneses
Ricardo Paez
6 Raul Rodrigo Lara
7 Franky Oviedo
18 German Villa
21 Moctezuma Serratos
22 Ignacio Mendoza
23 Daniel Molina
29 Carlos Infante

Forwards
Cienciano:
7 Ernesto Zapata
9 German Carty
20 Hector Hernandez

America:
8 Marcelo Lipatin
9 Ivan Luis Zamorano
10 Hugo Castillo
11 Jesus Mendoza
15 Luis Hernandez
20 Jorge Toledano
27 Christian Patiño

Past History
Never have met before.

Prediction

It wont be an easy series for either Team..Both used to high altitude..It will come down to xperience and the Aztecs have it by a mile over the peruvian counterparts. The first game in Peru the series ends in Mexico City. Here anything but America advancing would be a shock.

WINNER America

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
gabe you forgot the other mexican stricker gerardo fernandez

dont count out the incas remember in 97 no one thought sporting had a shot in hell against velez sarsfield

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
condor111 said:

dont count out the incas remember in 97 no one thought sporting had a shot in hell against velez sarsfield
Of course not...in soccer many times the unexpected happens...but in paper and statistics America has the overall edge .. Who knows what can happen !!!! ;)

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Round One Tuesday April 23 in Cuzco.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I like America de Mexico is this one, I don't need to analize the teams because America quality of players is way superior, Cienciano is a compact team but their big weapon, the altitude, will not affect the Mexicans. olvera will have to play the series of his life to compensate for America's superior midfield.

Reinaldo Navia will be America's reinforcement for the rest of the Libertadores. It will be an all - chilean attack since Luis Hernandez will be with the Mexican NT.

I see America as the winner

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
yeah i see america as winners cienciano are not the best team in peru lying in 7th and they have been losing some matches at home so if they win it will be a bloody miracle

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Gabemar said:

Reinaldo Navia will be America's reinforcement for the rest of the Libertadores. It will be an all - chilean attack since Luis Hernandez will be with the Mexican NT.

I see America as the winner
Franky Oviedo and Reinaldo Navia have both made the trip to Cusco..So this was a surprise to me today when I read about "El Choro" Navia being picked-up by America at least for what's left of AMerica in the Libertadores road .. ;)

·
Registered
3,200 Posts
Wow did Navia sign for America? Hes come a long way since the olympics. I hope he can partner Salas for the nt.

I really hope that America can win, then everyone that asks who the hell is the 1+8 on the back of my inter jersey will know ;) in the Toyota cup when the cup returns to south america ;)

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I believe he's overall a Tecos player...Just on loan to America for however much longer the Mexicans remain in the running... ;)

Two Chilenos in the front zone for AMerica..That's nice !!! ;)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
cienciano lost to america 1-0

navia scored the only goal

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Las Aguilas enjoy their visit to Peru

04/24/2002.

Club America demonstrated that the Mexican squad should be taken very seriously as a title contender, as the Aguilas traveled to the Estadio Garcilaso de la Vega located in the city of Cusco and defeated Cienciano by the score of 1-0. The match's lone score came in the 68th minute, as Reinaldo Navia connected with an Octavio Valdez cross and sent a header that beat Cienciano keeper Maurinho Mendoza for the score. The team from Mexico City was able to dictate the pace all night long and took advantage of the perfect opportunity. The teams will meet again on May 1st, for their second leg of the Round of 16 series. With the result, the pressure will be on Cienciano, as they will try to be the first team to beat the Aguilas in Mexico City in the 2002 edition of the Copa Libertadores.

Lineups:

Cienciano:
Maurinho Mendoza, Gilberto Flores, Carlos Maldonado, César Charún, Luis Molina (Julio García, m.71), César Ccahuantico, Carlos Cumapa, Oscar Olvera, Alessandro Morán, Gerardo Fernández (Germán Carty, m.46), Ernesto Zapata

América:
Adolfo Ríos, Andrés Silva, Raúl Lara, Duilio Davino, Ricardo Rojas, José Antonio Castro (Marcelo Lipatín, m.46), Octavio Valdez, Pavel Pardo, Raúl Salinas, Reynaldo Navia (Christian Patiño, m.82), Iván Zamorano (Argemiro Veiga, m.46

:cool::cap::cool:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
America did the predictable and got 3 points in Cuzco, unless a major surprise happens this series is over IMO:cool:

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Next up

Wednesday MAy 1st in Mexico City

America- Cienciano

;)

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Soam comments:

I love America!Three Chileans in the team are enough to me a fan of them for now.Too bad that if they win the Libertadores they won't play for the intercontinantal cup because they don't belong to Conmebol.

The front line reminds us the Chilean NT with Navia and Zamorano.And remember that they have Hernandez and Lipatin on the bench:eek:

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
America is in ..........................

America 4 Cienciano 1

I dont have the goal scorers yet ... But An all Mexican battle coming up...away from the Femefut..Yet so inside of it.. ;)

America-Morelia for the Beans !!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I don't know who scored the last one but the first three were scored by Chilean Navia, Argie Castillo and Charrua Lipatin. It will definitively be a all out Mexican quarterfinal match between Aguilas and Monarcas. I can't wait:D

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Navia scored two...both headers..what a sub he turned out to be so far for the America's side....Here is the order of the 5 goals .....

Navia anotó a los 5 y 90 minutos, mientras que Castillo lo hizo a los 27 y Patiño a los 71. Germán Carty anotó el tanto del Cienciano a los 48.

Wow ..... Yes America/Morelia a great series for Libertadores ..

;)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
how badly did cienciano play?

·
94,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Club America explodes and destroys Cienciano

05/02/2002.

Club America showed their true colors, as the team from Mexico City demolished the Peruvian champions Cienciano, by the score of 4-1 in the second leg of the Round of 16 match up, which was played in the Estadio Azteca of Mexico City. The win guarantees that there will be a Mexican squad in the Semi finals, as Morelia will be next up for the Los Aguilas in the Quarterfinals.

Reynaldo Navia scored two goals for the Aguilas; one in the 6th minute and the latter coming in the 93rd. Hugo Castillo (24) and Christian Patiño (72) scored the other goals for America. Luis German Carty was the main ray of sunshine for the Peruvian squad, as he scored in the 47th minute of the match. Club America and Morelia have made their opponents bow to their mercy in the 2002 edition of the Copa Libertadores. Both Mexican squads want to win the tournament, especially if it might be the last time for a Mexican squad to play in the South American classic. With that being said, the two Mexican squads will meet next week for the right to represent Mexico in the Semis.

Lineups:

América:
Adolfo Ríos; Pavel Pardo, Duilio Davino, Andrés Silva, Ricardo Rojas; Antonio Castro (Raúl Lara-62); Argemiro Veiga, Alberto Salinas; Christian Patiño, Hugo Castillo (Jesús Mendoza-67), Reynaldo Navia

Cienciano:
Maurinho Mendoza; César Charún, Gilberto Flores, Carlos Maldonado, Alessandro Morán; Carlos Cumapa, César Ccahuantico, Luis Molina (Gerardo Fernández-63), Oscar Olvera; Héctor Hernández (José Zapata-75), Germán Carty (Jean Grafa-75)
:cool:

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
cienciano are not perus champions;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts