Xtratime Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Comenbol published the time table for the 1st faze of the leading South American competition

Check it here;

http://globoesporte.globo.com/futebol/libertadores/noticia/2010/12/conmebol-divulga-datas-e-horarios-dos-jogos-da-taca-libertadores.html

Cruzeiro and Fluminense have difficult groups, while Santos and Inter have apparently easier groups

I say apparently because there are always surprises and I do not know the current situation of all the teams, so we have to wait and see what happen

Good luck for all the Brazilian teams

·
Registered
12,771 Posts
Looking at the Groups, Internacional got the easiest in theory while Santos should pass in first place theirs as well. Fluminense, Cruzeiro and with the probable addition of Corinthians all got very tough groups which will make the first stage groups very interesting.

Strange not to see Sao Paulo in the competition, guess we got very used to it:D The same should be said about Boca Juniors and River Plate, it is almost a must to see them participate.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
South America - Copa Libertadores Qualification
===================================
21:14 January 25
21:15 Independiente ? - ? Dep. Quito(has begun this moment)
January 26
21:00 Corinthians ? - ? Tolima
21:00 Liverpool FC ? - ? Gremio
23:15 Alianza Lima ? - ? Jaguares
(add an hour for the brazilian time)

Unfotunatley I do not know about the rivals, Tolima is not the strong team they were some years ago

GREMIO has suffered a blow, Jonas left. Again the "competent" directory of Gremio did not close his renoation in time. Valencia offered a lot of money

After a row with the fans in a game of the Gauchao when he scored 2 goals and won the game from the team, he just left

He wanted to stay for the libertadores, but he went away.

Now I read this: (I think from Tati Lopez, I am not sure, i was retweeted all over the place:)

Agora Gremio nao pode ganhar Libertadores com garra, agora temos que rezar

Que triste, todo o empenho com Renato , com o Jonas mesmo, com o time, com VIctor ect. se pode peder amanha.

O Gremio nao sabe manter os jogadores, tomara me equivoque

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both Brazil teams did not perforemed as expected

I did not expect much of Jonas-less , out of form Gremio, the terrible pitch and the worse ref did not help

They suffered 2 goals from static situations, Victor was not his muralha self, nevertheless, Gremio has a chance to do better at home

Corinthians did not suffer a goal, but did not score in spit of creating lot of chances.

Those second games are not merely for the protocole, both Cori and Gremio may fall out of the Libertadores before the beginning

I hope I am wrong though.

Jonas will play in the CL with Valencia.:thmbdown:

·
Rei Brasileiro
8,569 Posts
yea!!!! wtf???

i was hoping to see fenomeno on this competition.... ugh.

sorry ze and baixinho....
you can always convert to an experienced team like ours ;).
we'd be lucky to have fans like yourselves

1 - 7 of 7 Posts