23- Luccin,
11- Maxi,
20- Gabi,
17- M.Petrov,
10- Kezman,
_9- Torres

Expected Subs:
Cuellar, Colsa, Garcia Calvo, Zahinos, Molinero, Valera, Ibagaza​

For Atletico this will be regarded as the greatest time to be playing against their Madrid rivals, After 2 straight defeats Real have now started to look tired after what is turning out to be another frustrating season, the midweek resignation of president Florentino Perez will also be a cloud hanging over the team, in particular the 'Galacticos' in which many think are playing for their futures. Real Madrid will once again welcome the freshly fit Raul but will be without English defender Jonathan Woodgate, Atletico Madrid will be without Galletti.
Real Madrid are the favourites according to the bookmakers, here are the odds for the game:
Real Madrid 5/2 (favs) Draw 7/2 Atletico Madrid 4/1

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Any of you guys know if there's a place online where you can watch the game? The only channel here in the US that shows Spanish football isn't showing it. How can you not show tyhe fricking derby!!! I'm so pissed!

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Great matchday preview !!!

Looks great ... good job mate !!!

Well the game will be broadcasted in so manye places in the internet for sure!!!!
Just google for soccerstreams or pplive channels!!!

Husky

PS: We went 7 years without winning a derby from 1992 to 1999.

The year is now 2006 and another 7 years have elapsed.

We are the form team of the division going into this game. The omens look good.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
The Prodigy said:
No Maxi or Ibagaza, that sucks. On the bright side, Ronaldo and Ramos won't play for Real.
That ain't a bad news :)

And Solari is not there now...he always seems to play well against us

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
La Liga | Sat, 04 Mar 06, 20:00 | Estadio Santiago Bernabéu

R. Madrid -> Pos: 3rd. P: 25. W: 15. D: 3. L: 7. Goals scored: 48. Goals conceded: 25. Points: 48. Top Scorer: Ronaldo 10 goals
Atl. Madrid -> Pos: 9th. P: 25. W: 10. D: 8. L: 7. Goals scored: 35. Goals conceded: 23. Points: 38. Top Scorers: F Torres 10 goals

Probable Starting XI
25 L Franco [20 (1) matches, 17 goals conceded]
_2 Velasco [18 matches]
22 Pablo [23 matches, 1 goal]
21 Perea [22 matches]
_3 A López [23 matches, 2 goals]
23 Luccin [18 (1) matches, 2 goals]
_7 Galletti [4 (10) matches, 1 goal]
20 Gabi [14 (8) matches]
17 Petrov [22 (3) matches, 1 goal]
10 Kežman [17 (2) matches, 5 goals]
_9 F Torres [24 matches, 10 goals]

Probable Subs
1 Cuéllar 4 Colsa 5 García Calvo 15 Molinero 18 Valera 28 Del Moral 36 A Moreno

Injured List
6 Zahínos 8 Ibagaza 11 Maxi

Out of the Squad
27 P Sicilia 29 Azcárate 30 Falcón 31 Mario 32 R Llorente 33 Roberto 35 Basilio

Real Squad: 1 Casillas 2 M Salgado 3 R Carlos 5 Zidane 6 Helguera 7 Raúl 8 Baptista 10 Robinho 11 Cicinho 13 D López 14 Gooti 15 R Bravo 16 Gravesen 19 Cassano 21 Diogo 23 Beckham 24 Mejía 29 Jurado

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
the bastards win us, i am very upset now......i dont like to lose against barca or real :yuck: :yuck:

·
Registered
4,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
they were very lucky also, we dominated the play, especially in the first half, if the goal is given to Cassano it shouldnt be allowed because he was miles offside

·
Registered
565 Posts
No wonder Athletico is 9th or something. With such unstable form they gonna screw it all. How come you manage to have thrilling display against Barca and then suck big time against Real. They invited you to win with non existant defense and slow pace. I'm very dissapointed with Torres, he should score easy 2 goals.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
you never playa good game against them.. do you feel the inferiority or soemthng of being the lil team of Madrid.. do you feel less or somethign when you play them?

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
It's the classical "little brother syndrome" where Atletico as the little brother has too much fear and respect for Real. It didn't help with Torres bottling it once again either.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
I can't deny that Atlético tried it. They had chances, they went for the game, but the 2 absences were noticed. Without Ibagaza, Atlético becomes predictable and too direct, because there's no midfield. Maxi is the "goal man" and Atlético lacked punch in the last mts.

Torres failed once more. He can't live just scoring against Barcelona twice a year. His lack of efficiency in attack is scary. I think that he plays with complex against Real Madrid.

BTW, Leo Franco lives under the crossbar. He should have gone for the ball in the first goal. If the crossbar falls one day, it's gonna kill him.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Gabi did not impress I think..anyway I reserve my comments till I see the match late in the evening (24 hr delayed broadcast :rolleyes: )

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
The second goal was offside and without that goal we would have drawed this game.

Real had two chances, we had 4-5 ...

That was the differance!

Husky

PS: What was about the penalyty not given against Kezman?

And thats all I have to say about offside !!!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts