Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
4 games left and nothing to play for but pride.

Iniesta and Milito are both out due to injuries.

Probable line-up:
Valdes
Zambrotta-Marquez-Puyol-Abidal
Touré
Xavi-----Deco
Messi-----------Bojan
Eto'o

Sunday, 04 May (19:00) CET | Camp Nou

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
there is more to play for than just pride. there is a chance to put valencia in the second division :)

besides we have to be fair to other teams whom we thumped. what i mean is say we've beaten Murcia who are fightin with valencia for relegation.... we have to give our all against Valencia.

but things dont work like that in reality :)

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I will be there

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Not only this Barça have to get second place. This is of utmost importance and would avoid a potentially dangerous Euro qualifier with the chance of doing an Inter against Helsingborgs, especially with a new and experimental team.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts

·
Registered
9,029 Posts

This is actually wrong. We have a lot to play for. We need 4 more points to secure a CL spot. Racing, just now at 5th place are 8p after us.

4 more points! With our recent form I wouldn't take anything for granted. Forget about 2nd place, not our priority imo, a CL spot is.

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,659 Posts
Come on! If this was the league title in play we would all be up for it and following Vil.lareal's matches. So let's be realistic, lower our sights (not our support) and go for it.

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Not only this Barça have to get second place. This is of utmost importance and would avoid a potentially dangerous Euro qualifier with the chance of doing an Inter against Helsingborgs, especially with a new and experimental team.
I wouldn't mind playing CL qualifier if it means the team could skip some of the PR tours that the board certainly has planned.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
I wouldn't mind playing CL qualifier if it means the team could skip some of the PR tours that the board certainly has planned.
Don't forget Euro '08 as well as if the players weren't knackered enough...

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Don't forget Euro '08 as well as if the players weren't knackered enough...
True. Euro '08 and tours would be even tougher.

I don't know about you guys but I'm really worried. The team has choked all season so far. It's not impossible that we lose points on Sunday against Valencia, they will fight for their lives. Then we have el Clasico on Wednesday. Can we expect points in that match? Hardly.

4 more points!

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
True. Euro '08 and tours would be even tougher.

I don't know about you guys but I'm really worried. The team has choked all season so far. It's not impossible that we lose points on Sunday against Valencia, they will fight for their lives. Then we have el Clasico on Wednesday. Can we expect points in that match? Hardly.

4 more points!
Beating both Valencia & Madrid?

Anything is possible in football. Hopefully now that Barca are out of the CL this will spur them on to get 2nd spot....

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Beating both Valencia & Madrid?

Anything is possible in football. Hopefully now that Barca are out of the CL this will spur them on to get 2nd spot....
We can lose both matches as well. Hopefully they will be motivated now, but I wouldn't take anything for granted. I'm scared as hell until we get those 4 points. :scared:

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Only bright side is that Villarreal seem to bottle it when under real pressure...

·
Registered
639 Posts
etoo should be benched for his performance against man u. And messi would not play the full 90 o he can have lots of energy for Madrid.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts

Pride is a big reason and there is still a lot left in us.

C'mon Barça, play with our heads held high!

·
Registered
429 Posts
we dont need to look above to villareal, but down to Racing and co....

i personally dont see us get 4 more points, actually i would be surprised if we get 1 win out of our remaining matches... uefa cup is a very real possibility, we have everything to play for!

1 - 20 of 234 Posts