Xtratime Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Real Madrid CF
Villarreal CF

Real Madrid coach Wanderley Luxemburgo looks certain to name an unchanged side as his team look to keep the pressure on league leaders Barcelona this weekend.

Madrid entertain high-flying Villarreal knowing anything other than a win against the side known affectionately as the `yellow submarine', will almost certainly sink their chances of lifting the league title.

Luxemburgo's men go into the game six points behind Barca but know that when goal difference is taken into consideration that gap is effectively seven.

Barcelona will face a nervous 24-hour wait after Madrid's match before stepping out for a difficult game in Malaga.

The team from the capital know that they have a great chance of narrowing the gap before next weekend's difficult away trip to play Real Sociedad.

Thomas Gravesen is still injured as he struggles to recover from a twisted ankle and misses out, while Ivan Helguera will also be forced to watch from the stands, after a stomach bug saw him spend a night in hospital this week.

The absence of his first choice midfielders means Luxemburgo will keep faith in Francisco Pavon and Fernandez Borja, both of whom played in last weekend's 2-0 win over Levante.

Michael Owen will also start as the Madrid coach keeps faith in the attacking trident of Owen, Raul and Ronaldo - whose three goals in two games have signalled a return to form after over a month without scoring.

Luis Figo, who gave a clear message during the week that he did not want to stay where he did not feel wanted, will start on the bench for the third consecutive match.

Meanwhile, right back Michel Salgado has warned his companions against overconfidence following their wins over Levante and Barcelona.

"We have got back into the title race and we have to make the most of our chance whatever Barcelona do," he said.

"We have to win our remaining six games right until the end of the season," he said, warning that Villarreal will be difficult.

"I see a bit of relaxation and calm, because people are talking a lot about us and Barcelona, but not about Villarreal."

"One of the best teams in the Primera Liga is going to visit us. They have had a consistent season and have more than just (Juan Roman) Riquelme and Diego Forlan."

"We have to be as concentrated against them as we were against Barca," he warned.

Riquelme and Forlan have been the driving force that have lifted Villarreal to fourth in the table, with Riquelme, currently in his second season on loan from Barcelona, the player who has set up the majority of Forlan's 17 league goals.

However, he is not too concerned about helping the club who hold the reigns of his contract.

"I am not interested in who ends up as Champions, all I want to do is finish third or fourth with Villarreal," said the 27-year-old.

"The important thing for us is to qualify for the Champions League and if we can win on Saturday in Madrid, that's great because it will take us closer to our objective," he added.

Villarreal will be without midfielder Josico for the game, but will be able to count on Brazilian Marcos Senna after the Spanish FA's appeals committee decided to cancel the yellow card he received last weekend, which would have seen him suspended for the game.

STATISTICS:

Real Madrid CF Home Record:

P16 W13 D0 L3
% of points accumulated at Home: 82%

Villarreal CF Away Record:

P15 W3 D6 L6
% of points accumulated on Road: 33%

CURRENT FORM:

Real Madrid CF: DLWWW

Villarreal CF: DWWDD

PREVIOUS MEETINGS:

05/12/04: Villarreal CF 0-0 Real Madrid CF

TIME AND VENUE:

La Liga| Saturday| 23 April 05| 22:00 CET| Estadio Santiago Bernabéu.

TV:

Aljazeera Sport
Premiere Sport 1
Sport 1 Hungary
TV4 Plus (Sweden)
Kanal 5(Denmark)
C+Ned. Blauw
Diema + TV
Galaxie
Sky Sport 3 (Italia)
Sky Sports 3
TV2 Xtra

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
One problem this time amigo.

Iker Casillas. :D

Villarreal have been unlucky in their last 3 games but this is a bad time to go to the Bernabeu.

I think Madrid with 3 upfront will give too many problems for that injury-hit Villarreal defense.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
well i dont want real madid to lose the league.. but i also dont want villarreal to fall out of the champ league spot ... hard times.. what time is the game be on ? 6 :30 eastern time?

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KnoccOut said:
well i dont want real madid to lose the league.. but i also dont want villarreal to fall out of the champ league spot ... hard times.. what time is the game be on ? 6 :30 eastern time?
In that case....go for Madrid because....

Villarreal have a game in hand. :D

The game is on at 4pm Eastern Time.

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
God, what a gift this team gave Madrid, a poor effort by Riquelme and Forlan and a second goal to Madrid that came wrapped in gift paper.

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
I think culés are the last ones to bitch about other teams being careless infront of goal... besides the ref would be more obvious yesterday, only if he wore a blaugrana shirt :pp

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
It is just a shame Villarreal have not got anything out of this game!

BARCA, what is wrong with you dude? Roman last night was brilliant! If it was not for him, Villarreal would not have controlled the midfield for about 70 minutes! And, if it was not for him, Villarreal would not have ****ed Barca 3-0 with mercey, would not have ****ed Barca 2-1 with mercey and would not hold Barca scoreless at their own turf! Chill out, we all know that you hate Roman but that dose not mean you walk around the forum blambing about him. SHUT UP!

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Bottom line Barca,

Should have Roman finished that one on one goal chance? Yes, he should have.

Was his all over performance through out the whole game poor? Absolutely not.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Riquelme failed in this match, he had more freedom than ever in the midfield and he hiden and avoided his responsability. Roman is doing great during the season, but the truth is that he failed in the Bernabeu once more. That's why he plays in Villarreal and Ronaldinho in Barcelona. Ronaldinho never fails in the big days and Riquelme usually does since he's in Spain (except against Barça, btw).

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
koeman i expected more from u... roman had an average game.. but your being alittle too harsh on him because villarreal beating real madrid would od sealed the title for u guys, i expect alot of barca fans to behave like this but i though u were more mature then that, ronaldinho has a better team with him as well.. roman as an average villarreal team with forlan who has 18 or whatever many goals i dont know how, but he needs a perfect set pass with an open to score, ronaldinho has great players around him like deco , xavi, guily, ETO'O...... i know your mad u would of had the title but re-think this .. cause your letting your heart over think your brain on this one..

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Koeman4 said:
Riquelme failed in this match, he had more freedom than ever in the midfield and he hiden and avoided his responsability.
Unfortunately true. :wallbang:
Koeman4 said:
Roman is doing great during the season, but the truth is that he failed in the Bernabeu once more. That's why he plays in Villarreal and Ronaldinho in Barcelona. Ronaldinho never fails in the big days and Riquelme usually does since he's in Spain (except against Barça, btw).
OH NO, OH NO
The reason Ronaldinho and not Riquelme plays in Barca is because of other aspects. Ronaldinho played well in the beginning when he came. The team has grown in the time he has played, and it has ALL been devoted to R10.
When Barca went from a poor/unlucky form in the first part of larst season to a great/lucky form in the larst part, then who got the honour.
Richard for creating a strong midfield?
Davids for being the straw that made the midtfield that extra strong?
Or R10?
Well you know the answer.
When R10 plays for the entertainment for 2 month people just says "come on" he is still da best. :jester:
If Barca had been very good for the last 5 seasons and you were in the same league as Milan, I am very sure people would be on the neck of R10. HOWEVER he has now become the symbol of the Barca transformation and it will take 3 seasons of poor form to change that.
I like barca a lot. The team is great and the city is simply amazing, but you do lack a sound self-criticism.
You should bring Roman back to barca to create a midfield of:
Def midfield, Bommel, Deco and Roman
Attack:
R10 and Etoo.
However thats is not going to happend.

Well
My first post

yours Palsgaard

1 - 16 of 16 Posts