1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Villarreal CF
Real Betis Balompié

Match Thread.

Villarreal will need to put their midweek UEFA Cup disappointment behind them as they prepare for a key fixture against Real Betis with both sides battling for a place in Europe and both sides unbeaten in five matches.

Villarreal were knocked out of the UEFA Cup by Dutch outfit AZ Alkmaar on Thursday night after a 1-1 draw in Holland.

Villarreal coach Manuel Pellegrini admitted it was a bitter pill to swallow, although he now wants to concentrate on domestic affairs.

"Now we have to fight back in the league and show what we are capable of. This can be a learning curve for us but it is down to the players to not make the same mistakes in the future.

"We have a big game now against Betis and hopefully we will be able to react well against them. It is a good opportunity for us to take our minds off the UEFA Cup and concentrate on the league.

"This is an important match for us and the fans and I am confident that we can get a good result."

With the situation so tight at the top of the table behind leaders Barcelona and second-placed Real Madrid, Betis' disappointing draw at home against Levante last week saw them drop down to fifth place.

Real Betis coach Lorenzo Serra Ferrer is concerned that the loss of Edu will be a big blow for his side.

The Brazilian has been in fine form in recent weeks on the wing but is missing through injury.

"We are up against a big opponent but there is no reason to be concerned about this. Edu is a very difficult player to replace as his style of play is hard for another footballer to copy," said Serra Ferrer.

"I have been thinking about what to do and about changing our style and you will have to see how things go in the match.

"In our last match we had a lot of chances but we did not make the most of them, but in the week before against Barcelona we played for 80 minutes with 10 men and we gave a very strong performance."

STATISTICS:

Villarreal CF Home Record:

P15 W11 D3 L1
% of points accumulated at Home: 80%

Real Betis Balompié Away Record:

P15 W3 D6 L6
% of points accumulated on Road: 33%

CURRENT FORM:

Villarreal CF: WDWWD

Real Betis Balompié: DWWDD

PREVIOUS MEETING:

28/11/04: Real Betis Balompié 2-1 Villarreal CF (Ricardo Oliveira 19, Ricardo Oliveira 39, Guayre 54.)

TIME AND VENUE:

La Liga| Sunday| 17 April 2005| 17:00 CET| Estadio El Madrigal

TV:

Taquilla 2
TV Sport Ro
TV2 Xtra
Diema Xtra
NTV Turkey
NTV+ Football

PREDICTION:

Villarreal CF 1-3 Real Betis Balompié

Oliveira (2), Joaquin.
Forlan.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KnoccOut said:
2-2 i think but im hoping for a win , is jose mari still alive? i hope he's still in holland
:D

I think Betis will win this one. Villarreal are low on confidence. :thmbdown:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Sevilla lost today to Osasuna :eek: Great chance to to jump to the third place tomorrow. Come on lads, go go go go :D

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
More than that, he got himself sent off against AZ Alkamar for no reason whatsoever!

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
roman another post

thats crazy
was it a FK or reg play

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Unbelievable... I saw the highlights and it was one of those days that you do everything perfect, but the ball doesn't want to go in. Still Villarreal seems the team that it's in better form to play the last 6 matches, they seem to be one step forward over the rest. Now, that they're out of UEFA Cup, they can focus all the efforts in La Liga and I think that they'll be in the CL next season... next week, the Bernabeu (Román, do it for us :D)

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Koeman4 said:
next week, the Bernabeu (Román, do it for us :D)
lol. :D

Well he might do it for Villarreal but I don't think they can keep us out. Ronaldo is just too deadly right now and I think he will again make the difference.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
El Fenómeno said:
lol. :D

Well he might do it for Villarreal but I don't think they can keep us out. Ronaldo is just too deadly right now and I think he will again make the difference.
Never underrate the killing power of super Diego Forlán. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts