Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 252 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
vs

Saturday 12 April (22:00)CET, Estadio Nuevo Columbino

Easy game on paper but we've mastered the art of screwing up the easy games lately so expect a tough game against a team battling for survival.

On the injury side, Iniesta has been definitely ruled out of this game because of some problems in his left knee. Marquez's had some trouble with his recurring foot pain and it's not known if he's gonna be OK to travel with the rest of the team.
Messi, on the other, is making steady progress and he's been participating in all the group practices. He's in the final phase of his recovery.

We need to gain some momentum ahead the CL clash and this game is the first step to achieve that.

VISCA EL BARÇA
:hopeful:

Probable line-up:
Valdes
Zambrotta-Puyol-Milito-Abidal
Touré
Xavi-----Guddy
Bojan------------Henry
Eto'o

·
Registered
9,029 Posts
Iniesta is out for this one. He has problem with his knee.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
We are going to win in 1st half for sure but in 2nd who knows :(

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
It's better that Iniesta is injured now than against Real Espanol.

I'm rooting for a clean sheet behind VV. We need to practise our defensive game as much as possible in the build up to the United tie.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I predict a win for this one. I know we haven't been the best, but seriously, you can't go so long in the league without a decent performance? Can you? And I expect etoo and henry to pick their game up, especially henry, since he was booed. If they booed me, I'd run wild on the field. There's now way I'd let that happen again. It will be interesting to see his reaction. And 5 games without a goal is too much for henry, I think he'll score in this one. Same with etoo, he needs a goal too.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I predict a win for this one. I know we haven't been the best, but seriously, you can't go so long in the league without a decent performance? Can you? And I expect etoo and henry to pick their game up, especially henry, since he was booed. If they booed me, I'd run wild on the field. There's now way I'd let that happen again. It will be interesting to see his reaction. And 5 games without a goal is too much for henry, I think he'll score in this one. Same with etoo, he needs a goal too.
That's nice about Titi, but I'd much rather he saved his wild football for the United games. We don't need his input against the Huelvas of this world.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
The list: Valdés, Pinto, Abidal, Thuram, Sylvinho, Zambrotta, Puyol, Milito, Edmílson, Márquez, Touré Yaya, Xavi, Gudjohnsen, Messi, Eto’o, Giovani, Víctor Vázquez y Ezquerro.

Messi called, while Henry and Bojan are not.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
no iniesta or henry this time?

wow... we dont take a breather fromm the injuries all season long. this plague is following us to the grave.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Henry and Bojan out means Gio will definitely start and one of Vasquez or Almighty Santi will get the other spot left in the attack unless Frank comes up with some weird plan.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
That sounds too depressing ( league wise ) but you really need to give your players a rest in this game as you wont be able to do so against Espanyol ( rivalry and stuff ). I truly believe that the league is over for you guys and you need to rest the players for the CL

though it would make more sense , taking into consideration that the semi final tie is still on the 23rd to play with full power against Recre and rest the players against Espanyol

·
Registered
520 Posts
though it would make more sense , taking into consideration that the semi final tie is still on the 23rd to play with full power against Recre and rest the players against Espanyol
I'm not sure but my guess is that a lot of fans would be split over this decision. I have to believe though, if key players are rested against Espanyol, that the majority of fans would understand. Hopefully. Actually, this is Barca; probably not :D

1 - 20 of 252 Posts