1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Villarreal CF
Athletic Club Bilbao

Match Thread.

Villarreal return to domestic action after their Uefa Cup success over Steau Bucheresti, and with their game against Basque side CD Osasuna re-scheduled, they now face the other team from Basque region, Athletic Bilbao.

Athletic are shockingly inconsistent, brilliant one week and utterly garbage the following week- so I hope Villarreal take advantage and collect another convincing home win.

With Real Betis facing a tough game in Barcelona, Villarreal can move up to third spot in the table and take a step closer to Champions League Football. :star:

STATISTICS:

Villarreal CF Home Record:

P14 W10 D3 L1
% of points accumulated at Home: 79%

Athletic Club Bilbao Away Record:

P14 W2 D4 L8
% of points accumulated on Road: 24%

CURRENT FORM:

Villarreal CF: WLWDW
Athletic Club Bilbao: LWLLW

PREVIOUS MEETING:

13/11/04: Athletic Club Bilbao 2-1 Villarreal CF (Urzaiz 46, 51, Romero 59.)

TIME AND VENUE:

La Liga| Saturday, 2nd April 05| 22:00 CET| Estadio El Madrigal

TV:

Autonómicas
La 2
Kanal 5 DK
TV4 Plus
Sport 1 Hungary
Sky Sport 3 (Italia)
Canal+ Sport 2 (Poland)
Sky Sports 3 (Delay 22:00) :star:
Canal+ Sport (Poland) (Delay 22:35)

PREDICTION:

Villarreal CF 3-1 Athletic Club Bilbao

Forlan
Figueroa
Riquelme (pen)
Yeste

:D

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
toli said:
How many assists does he have, and is he the leader?
Roman Riquelme leads Villarreal with 7 assists this season (joint 2nd in la liga overall), also adding 12 goals.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ViscaBarcaInter said:
Your match previews are a delight as always, El Fenomeno.

One of Xtratime's highlights. :D :thmbup:
Thanks amigo. :D

We might be enemies in Spanish Football, but nice to know we both see the light in Serie A. :D

FORZA INTER! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
KnoccOut said:
he has 15 assists? not 7?
He has 7 assists according to both Spanish daily AS and Marca.

It depends on how you define an assist. I know some websites who give the assist to simply the last man who played the ball through for the goalscorer (in which case, Riquelme would be on about 17 assists by now). However, I prefer the criteria that the Spanish newspapers use; that is, the assist is only credited to the player who fashions and creates the chance virtually out of his own genius.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Thanks amigo. :D

We might be enemies in Spanish Football, but nice to know we both see the light in Serie A. :D

FORZA INTER! :thumbsup:
:D :howler:

Inter need all the help they can get!

Wait a minute... :frownani: :sob: :D

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
They show on the TV whenever he make an assist the number of his assist which as KnoccOut says 15 assists so far.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
3-1 for Villareal
Jose Mari scored twice(a header from a Riquelme corner and simple finish from a Javi Venta cross) and Forlan scored his 17th goal in la liga(nice goal BTW)

·
Registered
742 Posts
fc barcelona said:
3-1 for Villareal
Jose Mari scored twice(a header from a Riquelme corner and simple finish from a Javi Venta cross) and Forlan scored his 17th goal in la liga(nice goal BTW)
The first Jose Mari goal came from Forlan.
I think he has 18 goals, one from Eto

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
YES!

I love Villarreal! What a cracking little side, so direct, quick and full of goals. I haven't seen the game yet, but it's stored on my Sky plus decoder. :D

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Chinofan said:
The first Jose Mari goal came from Forlan.
Do you mean he passed the ball to Jose Mari?! Because he simply did not, he just tried to score but the ball slipped of his head and went to Jose Mari who scored, credit goes to Venta and Jose.

Anyway, a very vital 3 points especially with what left of matches against Depore away, Betis at home, RM and Barca away! Very hard games awaiting the team so I think every point counts. Still 3 points in hand against the bottom of the table Osasuna, away as well.

Here are the matches left for Villarreal:

Deportivo - Villarreal
Villarreal - Betis
Real Madrid - Villarreal
Villarreal - Getafe C.F
Málaga - Villarreal
Villarreal - Albacete Balonpié
Barcelona - Villarreal
Villarreal - Levante U.D

Plus the game against Osasuna away. Anybody knows when is it going to be played?

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,482 Posts
Dale Submarino !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Pooh said:
Plus the game against Osasuna away. Anybody knows when is it going to be played?
My understanding is that the LFP committee are yet to decide a date for this re-scheduled match.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Big Villarreal... they totally outclassed Athletic. It's a joy to watch them play, their football is brilliant. It was a 3-1, but it could have been bigger.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts