Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After two successive league defeats it's time to bounce back and show some cojones.

The Catalan giants will have the tough task to beat the Andalusian side who are having a very good first season in the top flight mainly thanks to the fantastic work done by Unai Emery and his solid back-line.

Rijkaard will have his whole team at his disposal including Oleguer :)scared:) who has recovered from his bone fracture in the left hand and Marquez who will back on time for this game.

A slip-up would be the final blow to any chances of triumph. A do or die situation for the team.

VISCA EL BARÇA

Probable line-up:
Valdes
Zambrotta-Puyol-Milito-Abidal
Touré
Xavi----Deco
Eto'o-----------Henry
Ronaldinho

Time and Venue:
Liga | Sunday, 16 Mar (19:00)CET | Estadio Mediterráneo

·
Registered
44,368 Posts
Unais boys are really strong at home, tough game for Barcelona in Andalucia.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If Frank has any shame he'll bench Henry this time. Gio/Bojan will undoubtedly contribute more than him.

Marquez should also play if he's fit. Milito should be given a rest.

Madrid are facing Depor next week-end. On paper it's an easy game but they haven't beaten them in the Riazor in the last 17 years so there's a slight chance that will drop points and that's makes this game even more crucial for us. We just cannot afford to draw let alone lose.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just hope we wont see your line-up. :yuck: Btw, Iniesta picked up his 5th yellow so he'll miss this match.
Forgot about Andrés' yellow card. Xavi and Deco it will be and I'm praying not to see that line-up. I would devastated if we see that shitty starting XI again.

BTW the players have been given a 2 days rest (54 hours to be more precise). I don't what they did to deserve it.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
BTW the players have been given a 2 days rest (54 hours to be more precise). I don't what they did to deserve it.
It's been a long week mate, the loss to Atletico then an emotional roller coaster [Messi's injury] in the Champions League and then yesterday loss. They need a break.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Forgot about Andrés' yellow card. Xavi and Deco it will be and I'm praying not to see that line-up. I would devastated if we see that shitty starting XI again.

dude these guys need rest. If you play the game you know how demanding it can be. They finally have some time, I think it's great for them to get 2 days of rest.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I think you'll scrape out the 1-0 win. They're not as good as they played against us, you'll overcome them IMO. Agree with those who said Henry cannot start, but we know Frank won't give Bojan the start despite him fully earning it.

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
We need results to go our way this weekend or we will need to simply focus on keeping a CL spot as far as the league goes. If Madrid get a win against Depor, given how rarely they win there AND given it's one of their hardest remaining fixtures because of that, then it's all but over as far as the title goes.

·
Registered
429 Posts
like Madrid said last year, every game is a final now...11 games, 11 finals... if we win all of them we will be champions, because Madrid is also not playing well, they struggled to beat Espanyol who were in terrible form.

so lets make this the first final, first victory...hope to see the team refreshed after their break!

I also dont agree with the general sentiment that it was all a disaster vs Villareal... Villareal are a very strong team...for me the positives of that game were Ronaldinho improving his game, and at a time we showed some agression, which we need to do all the time in every game from now on!

·
Registered
671 Posts
We Have to be flawless from here on in, Real will want to be near perfect too... They can afford at least two slip ups - We can't afford one, This has to be a win and IT WILL BE !!

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
A slip-up would be the final blow to any chances of triumph.
I think that ship has sailed.

We should let the young guns play this one. Start Bojan and Giovani, and Ronaldinho to complete the trident..

Madrid can fail all they want, it will be hard for them to lose the league with us playing like this. We must choose our priorities. In my eyes, those are the cup and the CL. Use these league games to give minutes to youth (who deserve them anyway), rest important players like Yaya and Iniesta and hope everyone is fit and motivated for Valencia.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
We must win this one and stay 5 pts behind Mierda they will slip up at La Courna.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
We must win this one and stay 5 pts behind Mierda they will slip up at La Courna.
Counting your chickens...

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The thought of seeing Edmilson on the pitch gives me nightmares. He's gonna a non factor again. :wallbang:

And it seems like Deco won't be risked in this game so Guddy-Xavi will be our CM combo.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
**** it lads,The show is over.There is nothing much that can be said now.
I share your feelings. I'm very disappointed with the team, because once again they didn't show any winner attitude in the key moments of La Liga, which makes me pessimistic about the other competitions too.

Now it's time to keep the decency and win just to keep the heads up until the end.

1 - 20 of 247 Posts