Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

FC BARCELONA vs Malaga
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Sun, March 22 | 19.00 (CET)

4 games left before the Grand Slam starts against Sevilla and 12 points from these games versus relatively easy teams (Malaga, @Valladollid, Recre and @Getafe)are an absolute must.
Malaga have done surprisingly well this season as they're lying in 6th place and fighting for the last CL spot with the likes of Villeareal, Atletico, Valencia and Depor. Any complacency and we're in for a shock result.

The players have had a deserved 2 days rest after defeating Almeria and everyone is fit except Abidal, Puyol and Milito. Eto'o and Henry will be back in the starting XI after getting a rest last week while we should see the Iniesta-Xavi pair in central midfield to dominate possession and create more chances.

Valdés
Alves-Marquez-Piqué-Sylvinho
Touré
Xavi---------Iniesta
Messi -------------- Henry
Etoo

SOM-HI BARÇA

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
We must win.. and i predict a 3-0 win.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
There's an article about him today and it says they're not gonna rush him back. He's just gonna start his "pre-season" and he will probably not feature this year unless we win the league and there are some games left then he's gonna have the chance to play again.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
A must win. There are no excuses to not winning this game. We have had a week off before and we'll have a week off after this game so I expect a 110% performance from everyone.

3-0.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,936 Posts
Strong performance needed today, we have to instil fear in the opposition. They have to feel they have a better chance of beating Real Madrid than beating us.
We have to break they're confidence before they step onto the pitch.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
There will be plenty enough pressure on us. I cant see Almeria being able to surprise Real at Bernabeu and they play first so going into the game the gap will probably be only 3 points.

So i hope to see the players give a solid outing, something similar they showed against Malaga in the first round.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Strong performance needed today, we have to instil fear in the opposition. They have to feel they have a better chance of beating Real Madrid than beating us.
We have to break they're confidence before they step onto the pitch.
The game is tom. buddy.

·
10,936 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,160 Posts
Pique is doubtful for tomorrow.

Barcelona's medical staff has announced that Barcelona player Gerard Piqué couldn't take part in this morning's training session due to fever.

After a medical check at his home, Piqué was given rest until tomorrow. The evolution of his physical condition will determine if he will be available for the game against Málaga.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Our defence Worries me in this match.....Puyol,Abidal,Milito,Pique are out. We are going to have to play With Marquez and Caceras in the center. I say we deploy 2 DM. Keita and Toure for this one, and Iniesta as a free Midfielder. That way our shaky defence is covered a bit.

-----------------------Valdez----------------

alves---------Marquez----Caceras-----Sylvinho

--------Toure----------------Keita---------

----------------Iniesta----------------------

Messi-------------------------------Henry-----

----------------Eto'o--------------------------

Bojan to enter when we are 2 goals ahead. Give the kid a good half an hour.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
problem is that it's hard to build up from the back with Caceres.... that is why i dont like his inclusion. I'm confident that he can fix his defensive errors but he doesnt have the capability or confidence to build from the back...

We need to free Xavi and Iniesta as soon as possible to have them dictate play

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I can tell you from now, we'd be with Kieta in the LB befor the game ends :pp

still I'd give Iniesta the LW role in this with both Toure and Busi in midfield and Xavi rooming in between this line and the attack line..

hopefuly our defence and Valdes will have a good game, and cover for the missing ones.

·
10,936 Posts
We have 4 defenders who would walk into most teams starting XI missing for this. I hope Valdes is on his A game. We cant afford to drop points here.
Almeria aren't gonna create many difficulties for the scum.

I don't like the fact that Negredo can't play against them. Basically the rest of the league has to face a stronger Almeria or Getafe. It's stupid and should not be allowed. They're using their players to take points off other teams, while they get a cakewalk.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Valdes wont be able to stop anythign if they come at him one on one from the left and right and lord knows where from :)

It's our possession game that needs to be an A tonight. Players have to be positioned carefully and perfectly so that our defense is not tested much. If we bag a few early goals it will all be easier

·
Registered
430 Posts
We have 4 defenders who would walk into most teams starting XI missing for this. I hope Valdes is on his A game. We cant afford to drop points here.
Almeria aren't gonna create many difficulties for the scum.

I don't like the fact that Negredo can't play against them. Basically the rest of the league has to face a stronger Almeria or Getafe. It's stupid and should not be allowed. They're using their players to take points off other teams, while they get a cakewalk

I agree, that is stupid and shouldnt be allowed at all. it's typical of RM's attitude towards their cantera

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
madrid scored btw..

should teach us to shoot more often. they cant distribute 4 balls in succession and never have any special possession ( Almeria is distributing a better ball) but they shoot often. free kick hit the wall rebounded to marcelo who just took another shot and goal.

besides that they cant build up for shit :)

1 - 20 of 136 Posts