Squad to be annonced on 15/3 2008

Levante UD:

Squad to be annonced on 15/3 2008

·
Registered
44,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Recuperative session on Friday

Atlético de Madrid continues to prepare for La Liga match against Levante at Estadio Vicente Calderón. On Friday, Javier Aguirre and his coaching staff designed a recuperative session which lasted a little over an hour-and-a-half.

The footballers began the work with a coordinative warm-up, continued with an individual technical circuit, moved on to do aerobic capacity drills and finished with a football-tennis tournament. For this last exercise, the players divided themselves into six groups and played three different games.

Murcia football player Juan Valera continued to work out apart from the group with Esteban Arévalo and Sebas Truyols, team physiotherapist, and then with Óscar Pitillas, strength coach.. For his part, Italian-Brazilian Thiago Motta was given medical clearance on Thursday and will return to Madrid in the next few days to continue with the rehabilitation on his left knee.

The only absence of the training session, apart from the already mentioned Valera and Motta, was that Maxi Rodríguez was still feeling some slight pain in his abductor muscle and did alternative work apart from the group.

The team will return to practice to get ready for Sunday’s match on Saturday at 11 am at Cerro del Espino in Majadahonda with a closed door session.

Source: clubatleticodemadrid.com

·
Registered
5,600 Posts
we must win this match 4-0 after the bullshit from last match, this team is making me crazy

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
now this is a must win match and there should be no excuses now after the horrendous showing against zaragoza.though i really cant be sure as the team is so un predictable.

IMO if atleti are beaten in this game the pressure on aguirre will be almost unbearable as 2 straight defeats at this point of the season is disastrous.Also i have a feeling that if we relinquish the UCL position we will not be able to reclaim it:scared:

·
Registered
44,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Everything is possible with Mariano Pernía on the pitch, a injured Zé Castro is better to have on the LB than this guy :howler:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Perea might be moved over to RB and Eller might come in the central defence. But I think Pablo and Perea should be continuing as CBs...let us allow some consistency.

·
Registered
44,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'd rather see that but Aguirre will play Pernía.

..and it's not impossible to lose against Levante, even though they've never scored on Vicente Calderón in it's existance.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
i am not really that optimitic.the team is far too unpredictable.
dont know how pernia manages to stay in aguirre's eyes with his great performances.Are there no youth team players who can play as leftback.........surely they cant do worse than pernia week in week out.

this game is a must win after sevilla's last night victory

·
Registered
44,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Easy win an not too much effort by the players tonight.

The two upcoming weeks is the key for Atléticos CL-dreams.

·
Registered
6,414 Posts
i agree.though in the 1st half the team did not deserve to go 2-0 up.

and the goal from simao was pure comedy by the goal keeper

1 - 15 of 15 Posts