Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 191 Posts

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

It's Friday already and in all 'papers they still talk about Lyon. Time to concetrate on what's ahead.

So, we'll have a very difficult schedule in April, right after the break for NT games at the end of March. We start this April games away against Valladolid, and I'm afraid that's were we'll drop points, as we are usually weakest after NT break (the Latin Americans may come back only on Friday). So, the two remaining games before this fixture trap (Almeria away, Malaga home) are very important, we must win both, and widen or at least retain the gap until the difficulties of April and May schedule.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
We'll be playing on Sunday, one day after those chorreadores scumbags..

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
God, i hate that stadium. Almost as horrible for football games as Montuijc.

A win here is a must. Almeria though have gotten over their slump and are sitting in 11th position.

·
Second Place Winner, February 2013 XT Photo Conte
6,300 Posts
We'll be playing on Sunday, March 15th, kick off at 21:00 CET.

A must win!

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
Rafa got a red card against USA....again....so he won't be away for qualifying duties in April ...I think??

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Get ready to jump on a Barcelona's roller-coaster adrenalin ride. Next two months are gonna be like that, every 4 days a final, a decisive game. And what a ride this is gonna be, and hopefully a season to remember for the next 100 years!

We are the last Mohicans of the positive football, we are the light to follow, a dream and nightmare of our rivals. I trust our general and the soldiers, that they know the importance of getting the 3 points home this Sunday. The crisis is over, it was all just in our heads, but the path was found again, and we are not getting off it.
So go now, brave warriors, spread the light across Spain and Europe, blind the scared with fast, technical and attacking football, and bring the points home.

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@my guru
Yeah, but there are two games, so depends what was the sentence, 1 or 2 games.

On other news: Jorquera got injured (10 days) and Pedro trained with B team. So those two we can rule out, besides naturally Puyol, Abidal and Milito.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I think Madrid will drop points at the cathedral Tomorrow....so hopefully we can extend that lead to 8 or 9 points....A win is a must in Almeria

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
We must win cuz i have a feeling that Mierda will drop point at San Mames.

·
BARÇA OF THE 6 CUPS
1,018 Posts
A 9 points difference after this weekend would be very welcomed and would give raise our morale pretty much. We've got 18 tough matches in 3 next months. Second half of Aprill will be very tough so we should have a good difference till then. So let's do it this weekend. Let's win against Almeria and I have a feeling that Madrid will drop points in San Mames.

Visca el Barça!

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
@my guru
Yeah, but there are two games, so depends what was the sentence, 1 or 2 games.

On other news: Jorquera got injured (10 days) and Pedro trained with B team. So those two we can rule out, besides naturally Puyol, Abidal and Milito.
@my disciple

Judging by the vile nature of his foul, I would imagine he got two games minimum. It was pretty dirty.

·
Registered
947 Posts
I like Iniesta more at left wing. I think we play better with him there. Maybe give Keita and Busquets a start too. Iniesta should be permanent at left wing except in games where possession is a priority. Eto'o and henry can rotate. Eto'o hasn't been in good form lately. we need to go back to the rotation Pep was using at the beginning of the season to conserve some energy. I know Henry scores goals at left wing but he's too predictable there. He and Eto'o should be competing for that Center forward position.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
give a rare start for Bojan, Hleb, Guddy & Caceres.

messi, henry, iniesta, xazi and eto, three of them should not play 90 minutes to give them some rest

when can milito play?

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Playing all of those subs is a recipe for disaster. This is a crucial game and we have to win it at all costs. This is gonna be one ugly game so play the best out there and get the 3pts.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Agreed, play with the best team and win, because this weekend we could widen the gap.

Our situation is eased by the fact we play after them. At least when we step on the pitch we will know where we stand. Should Madrid fail to win, it will make our victory that much easier, since players will be able to perform without pressure.

Madrid's game is key and will influence ours immensely.

·
ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ
7,425 Posts
What's Almeria's form been like under Hugo Sanchez? My understanding is they have been fairly good overall. I'm not sure they will have enough to really threaten, still think Guardiola should rotate the midfield for this game.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Playing all of those subs is a recipe for disaster. This is a crucial game and we have to win it at all costs. This is gonna be one ugly game so play the best out there and get the 3pts.
Exactly, plus the players will not have a mid week game meaning that there is no need to rotate any players. The best starting eleven should start and the the three points is a must to widen the gap.

What's Almeria's form been like under Hugo Sanchez? My understanding is they have been fairly good overall. I'm not sure they will have enough to really threaten, still think Guardiola should rotate the midfield for this game.
He has taken over since round 17 in La Liga and Almeria have not lost at home once since his arrival. This is going to be a tough nut to crack, because they are really physical and our players need to score early into the game to give them more space to control more the possession and eliminate counter attacks.

·
Registered
236 Posts
08/03 A 1-2 Sevilla
01/03 H 2-1 Getafe
22/02 A 1-1 Recreativo
15/02 H 3-2 Real Valladolid
08/02 A 2-3 Malaga
01/02 A 2-3 Valencia

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
I dont think he should rotate or tamper with his midfield. A creative yet solid physical midfield is needed as this is an away game. The front 3 should play without any changes.

If Pep wants to rotate a bit then Busquets is fairly fresh i'd say. he can slot into a midfield with Xavi and Iniesta. No Guddy or Keita in the middle for me.

Same back line of Alves, Pique, Marquez, Silvinho. Caceres unfortunately is very shaky in defense and build up... he is lacking in confidence and experience on the pitch and simply is not performing.

we will know real madrid's result before we play but we'll need to win regardless to destroy their morale for another week. Bilbao looked awful against us last week and if madrid have their shooting boots on they might score a few tonight, i dont believe in pitch Jinxes etc....

1 - 20 of 191 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.