Xtratime Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Second Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
94,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mmmmmmm what happenned ??? No preview link ?????

Villareal 3 - Mallorca 1 :cap:

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Villarreal must win this game. No points are allowed to be dropped, the three points might mean the team will jump to the third place.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Sorry guys, been really busy lately.

Real Mallorca coach Hector Cuper is still confident his side can avoid the drop despite travelling to Villarreal on the back of two consecutive defeats.

The Balearic side, who have 21 points, are four adrift from safety in the Primera Liga after losing a tense battle with Levante at the Son Moix last weekend, and they face another tough test against a Villarreal side chasing a Champions League berth.

"I am optimistic that at the end of the season we will have 41 or 42 points and the key is to win the matches against our direct rivals," the Argentinian said.

"I am a football trainer and I am prepared for everything, I am not going to give up. I have to be the strongest and lift the morale of the players."

Cuper called on his side to forget the disappointment of the 2-1 defeat to Levante and come out fighting as Mallorca's season enters a crucial phase.

"It was a hard blow for us," he said.

"We did the difficult thing which was to score a goal and then we made collective mistakes which led to a completely different match.

"It was a confidence-sapping experience but we need now to face up to this and react.

"We are not so bad but the first goal they scored broke us. We had a terrible 20 minutes which broke our spirits but now we have to fight. It is difficult and tough but this is a test for us.

"We must correct the errors but at the very least, the last defeat has not undone what we have achieved recently.

"It was a painful defeat against Levante but we have to recuperate and I think we can," he added.

"I have spoken to the players and said that now we have one less game but there are still plenty more. Nothing has been decided yet and we are not yet at the end of the road.

"Victory is possible for any team and we need to be positive which will help us to take things forward.

However, the former Valencia and Internazionale boss knows he could be in for a torrid time against one of the Primera Liga's form sides.

"Villarreal play good football and are a solid block," Cuper said.

"They are doing very well at the moment and have a good balance although they lost at the weekend (1-0 at Real Zaragoza).

"The 3-2 win against Atletico (Madrid) was especially important to them and in that game they pulled two goals back, which shows their resilience."

Villarreal dropped out of a European place thanks to the Zaragoza defeat although they are still only two points behind third-placed Sevilla.

Coach Manuel Pellegrini spoke at length to Juan Roman Riquelme in training as the Argentinian playmaker has not been performing to his usual standards of late, although he was more concerned with the reasons behind last week's loss.

"It was a bad game for us and mainly because we lacked any power in attack and at the back we were insecure," said Pellegrini.

soccernet

Normal preview service will resume this weekend. :smileani:

I expect 3 points from tonight's game, Mallorca are having a very poor season.

·
94,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fc barcelona said:
Javi Venta scored an own goal
1-0 for Mallorca
83 minutes ... the game is tied 1 All !!! C'Mon Sub !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thmbup:

·
94,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Folks ...... 90 minute + .... VILLARREAL 2 Mallorca 1 :dielaugh:

·
94,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
colocolo said:
Folks ...... 90 minute + .... VILLARREAL 2 Mallorca 1 :dielaugh:
There is still time for my prediction to come thru ... :shades:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Forlan does it again :happy::happy:
I'm also really happy to see that Lucho got in there and after five mins. he scored his first La Liga goal, after a good pass from Forlan..
Maybe Pellegrini will see that Forlan and Lucho can play together..
This again wasn't one of Villarreal's best games but they got the three points and in the league that is really all that matters, the team relied too much on Riquelme but it seems like he is beginning to tire down after all the games he's played..Let's hope he comes back stronger Next game..

Forlan's goal came after a good play on the right and after Lucho couldn't reach it Forlan put it in.. And if Eto'o keeps on slacking with Barca Diego will take over as the pichichi..Wouldn't it be great if Villarreal ended the season by winning their first major tournament and having a Man United "reject" be pichichi?
In the final minutes though Villarreal almost scored another, maybe this win will help them and serve as a boost to end the season as good as possible..

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
yup i think roman is tired.. but he'll get some rest when he's sitting out with that red card he got.. all the games are important right now ... really cant afford to rest him and every games really close so cant afford to take him out after 70 or 80 minutes.. forlan and lucho i havent seen them play together since first acouple of games.. looks good though :D

·
94,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good Job Lads ... Three points its all you get for a sub-par performance .. :dielaugh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts