Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Real Madrid CF
Real Betis Balompié.

La Liga's midweek programme will see Real Madrid play in-form Real Betis at the Bernabeu this Wednesday night. We really need to get back to winning ways after two back-to-back unfortunate defeats at the hands of Athletic and Deportivo. There is no need for fans to throw the toys out of their prams, Luxemburgo is actually still undefeated when playing his best team, since we started without many of our best players in our last two league games.

There are serious fitness doubts over Zinedine Zidane (hip) and Raul Bravo (hamstring). Ronaldo aggravated his toe injury during training this week and therefore missed the trip to Galicia, but he has been working out intensively in the Hydrotherapy pool this weekend trying to restore smooth motion in his toe and has a good chance of playing against Betis. Captain Raúl Gonzales is also expected to shake off a bout of flu to line up alongside Ronaldo with Michael Owen returning to the bench. Guti also has a good chance of making our squad if his muscle condition continues to improve. Ivan Helguera returns after a one-match suspension.

Barcelona face a local derby with fierce rivals RCD Espanyol on Tuesday night, so we could potentially be 11 points behind Barca going into this game. If they win and we lose, then we can kiss the championship goodbye. If Barcelona drop more points then we can't afford to not capitalize because we are starting to run out of games. We are usually at our best at the Bernabeu, so I expect us to grind out a hard-fought win and we can't have it any other way. Let's hope Zidane is passed fit because we really need his magic to overcome a quality side like Betis.

We have to keep the faith, and there aren't many coaches out there who are stronger than Vanderlei Luxemburgo.

"There are still a lot of games to play and the league is not over yet," said Luxemburgo.

"Eight points are not even three games.

"Also we have the direct meeting, which is a clear chance for us to narrow the gap."

:star:

REAL MADRID XI (probable):

-------------Casillas--------------
Arbeloa-Helguera-Samuel-Carlos---
---Beckham-Gravesen-Zidane------
--------------Figo----------------
-----Raul------------Ronaldo-----

STATISTICS:

Real Madrid Home Record:

P13 W10 D0 L3
% of points accumulated at Home: 77%

Real Betis Balompié Away Record:

P12 W2 D5 L5
% of points accumulated on Road: 31%

CURRENT FORM:

Real Madrid: WWWLL
Real Betis: DWDWL

PREVIOUS MEETINGS:

THIS SEASON:
16/10/2004: Real Betis Balompié 1-1 Real Madrid CF (Oliveira 30, Ronaldo 65)
LAST SEASON:
31/08/2003: Real Madrid CF 2-1 Real Betis Balompié (Beckham 2, Moreno 34, Ronaldo 63)

TIME AND VENUE:

La Liga| Wednesday, 2nd March 2005| 21:00 CET| Estadio Santiago Bernabéu.

TV:

Al Jazeera Sport.
Canal+ Sport 2 (Poland)
Canal+ Sport (Poland) (Delay 21:30)
NTV Turkey
Real Madrid TV
Taquilla 1
7TV - Russia
Sport 1 Hungary
TV Sport RO
TV4 Plus (Sweden)
Diema 2
Kanal 5(Denmark)
Supersport 2
S.Sport 2 Hellas
Sky Sports 1 (Delay 22:00)
TV2 Xtra

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
betis just lost to valencia 2:1.
it will be an intresting game since both them have to win.
real madrid to keep hold of the 2nd place and betis because they want the CL spot.
i wonder who of our players will be sick this time? and more important, would luxa keep the faith in bravo or just kick his a$$ out?
if i ever though he is a good coach, i have my doubts now.
no sane man will keep this player on the pitch.

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
superb intro Feno!!! :thmbup::star:

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks LaBlanca.

I try to make it look good but the team has been letting us down the last couple of games. :depress: :wallbang:

Let's hope we can get a win against Betis, maybe the extra day rest will help us. ;)

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Zidane is out of the game, actually he is a serious doubt for Juve..

Ronaldo is also doubtful for the Betis game and IF he played, again he won't be 100% fit.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Owen-Ronaldo.

Nice. :thumbsup:

I still miss Raul though, I hope he comes back from his illness as soon as possible.

Solari will probably replace Zidane.

-------------Casillas--------------
Arbeloa-Helguera-Samuel-Carlos---
---Beckham-Gravesen-Solari------
--------------Figo----------------
-----Owen-----------Ronaldo-----

·
Registered
60,553 Posts
Don't tell me that you lots will be playing on Saturday/Sunday as well !

Hope not, because Juve would have a clear advantage if that's the case.

Anyway, regarding this game. It should be fun to watch as both teams have some exciting players. I'll be watching it. :shades:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
Don't tell me that you lots will be playing on Saturday/Sunday as well !

Hope not, because Juve would have a clear advantage if that's the case.

Anyway, regarding this game. It should be fun to watch as both teams have some exciting players. I'll be watching it. :shades:
yes we are playing on saturday, against valencia of all teams.
beside, if nedved is playing juve have the advantage anyhow...

·
Registered
60,553 Posts
OMG !!!! :eekani:

Depor, Betis and Valencia all in the space of one week ?!!! :googly:

Rotation should be used by Luxemburgo, no doubt about that.

Gravesen has to be fresh for the Turin trip. He's vital for you guys in that game. He has to be rested in one of those two upcoming Liga games.

Good luck btw. :shades:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
Nerazzurri4life said:
OMG !!!! :eekani:

Depor, Betis and Valencia all in the space of one week ?!!! :googly:

Rotation should be used by Luxemburgo, no doubt about that.

Gravesen has to be fresh for the Turin trip. He's vital for you guys in that game. He has to be rested in one of those two upcoming Liga games.

Good luck btw. :shades:
i think you are right, but on the other hand, he's a big monster, he can do it...

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
btw, i read that ronaldo is fit, though not fully, and will play in this game.
i think it is a huge mistake if we want to have any chance in turin.
i can see ronaldo getting re/injured in this game...

·
Registered
5,928 Posts
Will Assuncao play?

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
sorry i dont see us winning this game.. not that we're out of form or anything..our squads depleted... i hope zidane and figo are rested... i dont care bout la liga now.. all i'm intereseted in is champs league.. oh beckham should be "rested" too.. i think hes kinda tired..maybe we shud "rest" him for Juve vs RM too ;);)

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
nikhil_realdeal said:
sorry i dont see us winning this game.. not that we're out of form or anything..QUOTE]

No were not out of form at all.......we just lost 2 straight Liga games :D

So whats the final word? Raul and Ronaldo are both out again? If it is then i dont think we can expect a win. I can already see the butcher Samuel fouling Oliviera on the edge of the box and Assuncao scoring a thunderbolt from the freekcick :D

It took a GREAT Valencia to beat Betis on saturday and i sincerely doubt that we can beat them since theyre on fire. We can be good but not GREAT.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ronaldo will come back from injury and I think he will make the difference in this match.

It's about time Ronnie woke up and took charge of our title push. :boxing:

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
is Assuncao suspended after the red card (2 yellows) he got against valencia?
or this is just from a direct red card?

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
20,440 Posts
Koeman4 said:
He's suspended
thats not sure yet. Betis appealed and RM assumes theyll come through with, according a notice in marca.

1 - 20 of 251 Posts