Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vs

This game could not have come at better time for the Catalan giants.

Atletico have been in a negative spiral lately and a cloud of uncertainty has surrounding the team after crashing out of the UEFA cup and losing their last 2 games in the league which allowed Sevilla to reduce the gap to only 2 points and put their chances to secure a CL berth in jeopardy.

On the other side, Barcelona have been performing brilliantly in the last 3 games which unsurprisingly coincided with a major improvement in the players' attitude and a big unity and sense of sacrifice on the pitch.

Ronaldinho will probably make his come-back to the starting XI after being rested in the semi-final game versus Valencia on Wednesday night which means one of the other 3 fantasticos will be benched.

In midfield, Iniesta will reclaim his position in the center at the expense of Deco who didn't seize his chance in the Copa. He'll play alongside Xavi who is in rich vein of form of late.

The same defensive line that started against Valencia will play this game unless Marquez recovers fully from his injury.

VISCA EL BARÇA

Probable line-up:

Valdes
Zambrotta-Puyol-Milito-Abidal
Touré
Xavi------Iniesta
Messi------------Ronaldinho
Eto'o

Time and venue:
Liga | Saturday, 01 Mar (20:00)CET Jornada 26 | Estadio Vicente Calderon.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I'd be happy to see a serious approach to this game. The form is irrelevant in derbies and derbies are chance to regain the self-esteem.

We need 90+ minutes of high concentration. Smoke less Frank, we need this one. It's a chance to be +1 and wait for scum to hit the wall again.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually both this and Madrid's game will be played at the same time so no team will have any advantage.

Atletico are very vulnerable defensively so if we play like we've been doing recently we should capable of getting a good result. I'm confident we can get the 3pts.

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
Gol TV supposedly will air both games [Barca's & Madrid's] live in split screen. I don't know how that will work out.

Anyways, we need to score early and secure an early comfortable lead so we don't get dragged into a last minute draw or loss.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Actually both this and Madrid's game will be played at the same time so no team will have any advantage.
Are you serious? It's not exactly the last game of the season:howler:. Just when you think the LFP can not top themselves, they go out and actually do so. Unbelievable. I wanted to watch both these games. The Television companies who own the broadcasting rights will not be happy about this. Barcelona and Real Madrid should never play at the same time unless it is Jornada 38 with the title on the line.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Are you serious? It's not exactly the last game of the season:howler:. Just when you think the LFP can not top themselves, they go out and actually do so. Unbelievable. I wanted to watch both these games. The Television companies who own the broadcasting rights will not be happy about this. Barcelona and Real Madrid should never play at the same time unless it is Jornada 38 with the title on the line.
maybe the LFP has seen how the point gap has dropped from 9 to 2 in no time and think something should be done about your player's nerves.

If Barca plays before madrid in any fixture now and wins that game then the momentary effects of the table on madrid players would be colossal !! :)

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Yes.

El Kun confirmed his participation in a Radio Marca interview last night.
thanks

btw Benzema is in your avatar, is he really turning into a good player or he is he still a morning coffee name for the media to tussle between barca and madrid

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
thanks

btw Benzema is in your avatar, is he really turning into a good player or he is he still a morning coffee name for the media to tussle between barca and madrid
Replied in the RM Transfer Rumours thread as I didn't want to be off-topic here.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,913 Posts
Any news on the squad for this one?

·
10,913 Posts
Never mind , found it myself.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=604183

--------

Barça's squad for the Atlético game is: Valdés, Pinto, Zambrotta, Puyol, Milito, Abidal, Sylvinho, Thuram, Edmílson, Xavi, Deco, Ronaldinho, Gudjohnsen, Iniesta, Messi, Henrio, Eto'o, Giovani.

I expect this line-up:

-------------Valdes--------------

-Zambro---Puyol---Milito---Abdial-

-------------Edmilson-------------

--------Xavi-------Iniesta--------

---Messi-------------Ronaldinho--

-------------Eto'o---------------​

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
How stupid can you be to rest Touré for this game?

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Never mind , found it myself.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=604183

--------

Barça's squad for the Atlético game is: Valdés, Pinto, Zambrotta, Puyol, Milito, Abidal, Sylvinho, Thuram, Edmílson, Xavi, Deco, Ronaldinho, Gudjohnsen, Iniesta, Messi, Henrio, Eto'o, Giovani.

I expect this line-up:

-------------Valdes--------------

-Zambro---Puyol---Milito---Abdial-

-------------Yaya----------------

--------Xavi-------Iniesta--------

---Messi-------------Ronaldinho--

-------------Eto'o---------------​
I expect Deco to start instead of iniesta because in away games you need more metal. yaya + Deco to make the middle tougher.

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
It's rotation bullshit.

Still can't believe this shit.

Márquez is injured, Touré is rested before an almost meaningless game versus Celtic and Edmilson is the only DM called for a crucial game versus Atlético in a tough stadium such as Calderón.

How stupid, absurd and retarded does this sound. Only from Frank and his expired weed.

·
10,913 Posts
I expect Deco to start instead of iniesta because in away games you need more metal. yaya + Deco to make the middle tougher.

But Deco off late is really frustrating , the man can't make a good pass to save his life. Almost always end's up giving the ball away.

1 - 20 of 279 Posts