Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 322 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Atletico Madrid vs FC Barcelona
Vicente Calderon (Madrid) | Sun, 1 March | 19:00

Very tough and important game in the race for the title. Los Rojiblancos have been very hot and cold lately despite appointing a new coach and they're consequently getting further from CL positions in the standings so this game is gonna be huge for them.

A lot is at stake for both teams. A win for the Blaugrana would restore some much confidence and it would give a huge slap in the face to Madrid who are traveling to Catalunya to face their B team.

As for team news, Abidal and Iniesta are injured while Piqué and Keita are suspended which means Puyol will go back to the center of the defense alongside Marquez while one of Sylvinho/Caceres will occupy the LB position

Probable line-up:
Valdes
Alves-Marquez-Puyol-Caceres
Touré
Xavi-------Busquets
Messi--------------Henry
Eto'o

SOM-HI BARÇA
!!​

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I'd love to see you falter again, but it's not going to happen.

Atletico are far, far too shit. No fight in them like a Betis or Espanyol. They'll roll over for you.

4-1 Barca.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Plz no Busquets again put Hleb in that position he'll shine.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Wow!

I just watched the highlights for their game against Porto and I was almost stunned at how bad their defence was. Atlético has a dangerous attack but their defence should be ripped to shreds against us if we play even decent. Just like last time we faced them. I'm serious Porto should have scored six goals or so.

·
Registered
658 Posts
As long as the defending is decent and no freebies from Victor, they should win.

2-1 or 3-1.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sylvinho at LB, and Hleb with Xavi in the middle. Busqets is good at the DM role, because he gets rid of the ball quicker at that position. He is not a creator, and Hleb is. Give Hleb a chance

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
1 win, 4 draws and 6 losses (2 of those against Barcelona), plus 14-19 in goals during 2009.

No wins against the top teams this season, what do you expect really?

2-8 to Barcelona.

:(

Maxi is saying hello from Chinatown..

Can we bring in Caminero and Pantić, please?

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
It's more or less known that we'll miss Pique, Keita (suspended), Iniesta, Abidal, Milito (injured). 18-man squad will pick itself, with the only question Pinto or Jorquera.

Zoric, what's situation in your club?

An important game, so important noone wants to talk about it. I'd say, this game will tell us the answer to a question, will we win la liga the easy way (not dropping any points in Madrid) or the hard way (continue dropping points).

·
Registered
44,373 Posts
Luis García, Perea and Pernía are out for this game, the first two are still suffering from injuries while the naturalized dumbass from Argentina is finally suspended :relieved:

Reports are saying that Abel will play Heitinga as a right back while he's thinking of placing Simão on the bench so he can play a trivote, three defensive midfielders :wallbang:

It'd probably be a 4-3-1-2-formation with Maxi between Kun and Forlán which pretty much means bunker :mad: I can just imagine how raped the idiots in central midfield will be :moan:

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
btw, great decision by the schedule-making dumbasses to have this game played at the perfect time, Sunday 19:00!! FFS!

What is the Madrid game vs the underdogs doing at Saturday prime-time? FFS!

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
:howler: I just watch it on Sport's website..
the audio made it even.. funnier :D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:howler: that was funny. Puyol celebrating with Jorquera in the end like they had won the CL made laugh out loud.

At least it shows that the players are confident despite the somewhat disappointing results lately.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Maybe that's a new tactic by Pep they're working on to confuse the opponents.

1 - 20 of 322 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.