Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 267 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)





Real Madrid CF
Athletic Club Bilbao


Real Madrid take on their second successive Basque opponents this weekend when we welcome Athletic to the Bernabeu. As expected, we suffered quite a bit in Osasuna on Sunday but our problems against teams from the Basque region should be somewhat eased now that we return home to Madrid. The issue of Owen/Ronaldo/Raul will once again be the central talk this week, because everybody except Perez can see that Owen, at this moment in time, is the better option than Raul- at least domestically. With one eye on Tuesday's Champions League game with Juventus, it wouldn't surprise me if Luxemburgo starts with Owen this weekend and gives Raul a rest.

Athletic have an absolutely woeful away record from home this season (see stats below) but they are the undisputed comeback kings of Spanish Football this season. They came back from 0-3 down against Osasuna three weeks ago to win 4-3, and last night they came back from 0-3 down against Betis to draw 4-4, which shows they have a lot of heart and a strong team spirit. As a result we can't relax in this match, and have to be very clinical in front of goal. I am a little bit worried since the players will definitely be thinking about Juventus, but I expect a professional performance and all three points. Realistically, Barcelona will beat Mallorca at the Camp Nou on Sunday evening so we can't afford anything less than the win.

Luis Figo returns after a one-match suspension, so I expect Guti to start with Gravesen in mind for Juventus.

Roberto Carlos is suspended, so Raul Bravo might come into the side. :wallbang:

If it was up to me, I would rest Zidane as well and start with Solari.

REAL MADRID XI (probable):

---------------Casillas--------------
Salgado-Helguera-Samuel-Bravo
----Beckham-Guti-Zidane/Solari
-----------------Figo--------------
-----Owen------------Ronaldo----


STATISTICS:

Real Madrid Home Record:

P12 W10 D0 L2
% of points accumulated at Home: 83%

Athletic Bilbao Away Record:

P11 W1 D4 L6
% of points accumulated on Road: 15% :eekani:


CURRENT FORM:

Real Madrid: WWWWW
Athletic Bilbao: DWDDD


TIME AND VENUE:

La Liga| Saturday, 19 February 2005| 19:00 GMT| Estadio Santiago Bernabéu




TV:

Al Jazeera Sport.
Canal+ Sport 2 (Poland)
Canal+ Sport (Poland) (Delay 21:30)
NTV Turkey
Real Madrid TV
Taquilla 1
7TV - Russia
Sport 1 Hungary
TV Sport RO
TV4 Plus (Sweden)
Diema 2
Kanal 5(Denmark)
Supersport 2
S.Sport 2 Hellas
Sky Sports 3
TV2 Xtra
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
489 Posts
this is the perfect time for owen to start... and let luxemburgo rest raul or ronaldo for the juventus game.
 

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
20,440 Posts
Raul Bravo is a waste of space. :rollani: cant we play Solari or Mejia instead?

p.s. once again a superb preview Feno :thmbup::star:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
khouly_figo said:
i think that carlos has one-match suspension after the yellow card from Osasuna-realmadrid so raul bravo will play
oh my god Bravo is going to play :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
Can't we play solari in there :D

Anyway I think most of the big guns will be rested. Owen deserves a start. Zidane,Figo,R9 are our hopes for Juve, so let them rest lux. We have enough quality to cover for them.
 

·
Third Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
20,440 Posts
Elmoro said:
oh my god Bravo is going to play :wallbang: :wallbang: :wallbang:
Can't we play solari in there :D
loool exactly my thought;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,959 Posts
Elmoro said:
Anyway I think most of the big guns will be rested. Owen deserves a start. Zidane,Figo,R9 are our hopes for Juve, so let them rest lux. We have enough quality to cover for them.
I think it's not a time to rest too much players. Athletic won't be a piece of cake and we have to take them as a serious test before playing Juve in midweek. Owen should start in any case, perhaps instead of Ronaldo this time. ;)
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
khouly_figo said:
i think that carlos has one-match suspension after the yellow card from Osasuna-realmadrid so raul bravo will play
RC can't play, but its hard to see Lux putting RB there in his place, I'd bet that he will put in someone else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
LaBlanca said:
loool exactly my thought;)
hehe. It's crazy to think off RB there, ow my god I still remember his last match. He is just horrible. We would be even better off if we put R9 out there :D

No but seriously, Solari can play there. He showed he can defend and we don't need to talk about his attacking skills bcause we all know about it. Btw Mejia is he left or right footed? I love to see him getting more minutes, he has potential to be big. Partnering him up with samuel and moving helgeura to midfiled is risky but I think it's worth a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
494 Posts
lili said:
I think it's not a time to rest too much players. Athletic won't be a piece of cake and we have to take them as a serious test before playing Juve in midweek. Owen should start in any case, perhaps instead of Ronaldo this time. ;)
offcourse not. But Owen\Solari\beck can fill the spots. Well becks can't fill it all the way, but solari can make it up on the left side. Or if Solari replaces RC we can put guti in there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,509 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
The issue of Owen/Ronaldo/Raul will once again be the central talk this week, because everybody except Perez can see that Owen, at this moment in time, is the better option than Raul- at least domestically.
Amigo you are deeply mistaken to think that rual is not benched because of perez. Perez would like to see owen start very much, but raul has a lot of power in the club and with the fans, and it is that power that keep him in the team.
perez infact would like nothing more then to see raul's power in the club minimize by letting owen play instead of him (raul), perez is after all a dictator that need to have absolut control on anyone.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sagyv said:
Amigo you are deeply mistaken to think that rual is not benched because of perez. Perez would like to see owen start very much, but raul has a lot of power in the club and with the fans, and it is that power that keep him in the team.
perez infact would like nothing more then to see raul's power in the club minimize by letting owen play instead of him (raul), perez is after all a dictator that need to have absolut control on anyone.
Hmmmmm.

So if Luxemburgo knows Owen is good enough and Perez would like nothing more than Owen starting, why on Earth is Raul still on the pitch? Raul does indeed have a lot of power in the club, but he has even admitted himself that "nobody is untouchable at Real Madrid". So what problem would anybody have with Raul getting benched? The fans themselves recently said in a poll conducted by Marca and AS that Owen should be starting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,509 Posts
El Fenómeno. said:
Hmmmmm.

So if Luxemburgo knows Owen is good enough and Perez would like nothing more than Owen starting, why on Earth is Raul still on the pitch? Raul does indeed have a lot of power in the club, but he has even admitted himself that "nobody is untouchable at Real Madrid". So what problem would anybody have with Raul getting benched? The fans themselves recently said in a poll conducted by Marca and AS that Owen should be starting.
the poll was maybe about 35,000 votes, which btw since the AS is so poorly managed, can be all be done from the same IP address...
35,000 is not most of the fans, not in madrid.
and about raul saying "nobody is untouchable at Real Madrid", dude, how naive can you be? what do you want him to say? "i'm playing $hit, and i will let owen play instead of me until i get better....". come on, this is just bull$hit football players talk (just like, guti just said "we don't affraid to play in el sedar", but still manage to $hit in his pants anytime he got the ball, or like RC saying 2 months ago "we can still win a treble...").
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
2 years ago Raul Bravo was a very good left back, last year he played in Portugal with Spain NT and was in starting line at the left back position. What happened with him, why he is playing so bad now? :rollani:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
72 Posts
to Real's Fans

What do you think about Oscar Minambres and Ruben future? Can they play in Real starting line in the near future?

I think Real will have a very hard match with Bilbao.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,823 Posts
minabres didnt play last season at all because of some major injury and this season he is also ruled out cuz of some back problem , ruben went to german club last season did well but i dont think he came back...minambres can replace salgado he isnt that bad if i remember properly and ruben i think was too stagefrightened and scored an own goal or led to a goal on his debut so he will not play for real again....

on topic:
against bilbao their last games have been so weird like they come back from several goals behind to win!! not really a hard match considering our team is in better shape and they concede alot of goals... this will be another chance to watch a future madrid player del horno :star: rc's replacement hopefully :D also hope that yeste breaks a leg :finger:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sagyv said:
the poll was maybe about 35,000 votes, which btw since the AS is so poorly managed, can be all be done from the same IP address...
35,000 is not most of the fans, not in madrid.
and about raul saying "nobody is untouchable at Real Madrid", dude, how naive can you be? what do you want him to say? "i'm playing $hit, and i will let owen play instead of me until i get better....". come on, this is just bull$hit football players talk (just like, guti just said "we don't affraid to play in el sedar", but still manage to $hit in his pants anytime he got the ball, or like RC saying 2 months ago "we can still win a treble...").
It's not about being naive.

I was simply saying what he was quoted as saying!
 

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
Joined
·
21,026 Posts
rapid said:
minabres didnt play last season at all because of some major injury and this season he is also ruled out cuz of some back problem , ruben went to german club last season did well but i dont think he came back...minambres can replace salgado he isnt that bad if i remember properly and ruben i think was too stagefrightened and scored an own goal or led to a goal on his debut so he will not play for real again....
Miñambres is at Espanyol hurt. and Ruben plays for Albacete and he will probably play in 2nd division next year.

I hope Floro brings them back for next years squad:D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
27,068 Posts
barça said:
I hope Floro brings them back for next years squad:D
dont be cruel.
 
1 - 20 of 267 Posts
Top