Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 231 Posts

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

REAL BETIS VS FC BARCELONA
Manuel Ruiz De Lopera (Sevilla) | Sat, Feb 14 | 20:00

Undoubtedly one of the toughest away game remaining this season. Betis have recovered some form lately despite not achieving good results but the derby win last week will have boosted Chaparro's troops morale and the capture of Oliveira will be a big plus to the Verdiblancos in their quest to climb in the standings.

On the other side, Pep has everyone available for this fixture except Puyol who's still recovering from his muscular injury.

Probable line-up:
Valdes
Alves-Marquez-Piqué-Abidal
Touré
Xavi-----Iniesta
Messi--------------Henry
Eto'o

VISCA EL BARÇA!!

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Thanks, finally a match thread.. :)

Eto'o will be looking to score his 100th goal for Barça in La Liga, while Xavi will played his 452nd match for the club - equaling Rexach's number.. :thumbsup:

La lista: Valdés, Pinto, Henry, Márquez, Xavi, Piqué, Iniesta, Cáceres, Sylvinho, Bojan, Eto'o, Messi, Hleb, Alves, Abidal, Keita, Gudjohnsen, Touré y Sergio Busquets.

·
Registered
429 Posts
i was just downloading pictures to make the thread, we're slacking guys, the game is today and only now do we start discussing it!

difficult game, difficult ground...

makes me think about the movie, the devil's advocate, with pep as keanu reeves and Pacino saying, maybe it's your time to lose.....lose? LOSE? i dont lose, i WIN!!!

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Hard game. We always struggle after NT break.

Betis could be missing the whole starting back four. Nelson and Arzu are not playing because of the cards, Vega and Juanito are doubtful because of the injuries. The reserve RB, our canterano Damia, is out because of the cards too, so my boy Ilič will start (he played only some 20 minutes in la liga until now). Ilič will destroy Henry, then move to the left to destroy Messi, destroying Eto'o on the way there. So, I expect we'll fail, it's time though, this winning series of games has really been unnatural.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Probable line-up:
Valdes
Alves-Marquez-Piqué-Abidal
Touré
Xavi-----Iniesta
Messi--------------Henry
Eto'o

VISCA EL BARÇA!!

I pretty much agree with your line up, but I see Pep using Keita or Biscuits in this game as we have seen previously this season in order to neutralize their counter attacks and contain Olivera and S. Garcia. I guess you were thinking of the best possible eleven and I agree with you, but both Xavi and Iniesta played 90 minutes, while Biscuits and Keita did not. Pep might opt to rest Marquez because he came back on Thursday and use Caceres :D.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hard game. We always struggle after NT break.

Betis could be missing the whole starting back four. Nelson and Arzu are not playing because of the cards, Vega and Juanito are doubtful because of the injuries. The reserve RB, our canterano Damia, is out because of the cards too, so my boy Ilič will start (he played only some 20 minutes in la liga until now). Ilič will destroy Henry, then move to the left to destroy Messi, destroying Eto'o on the way there. So, I expect we'll fail, it's time though, this winning series of games has really been unnatural.
No, no, you mean my boy :pp

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Get your arses back from the Andalusian forum and start posting here.Its going to be an hard game as we suck against bêtis in Seville and they are in a good mood. Hopefully the Pep magic will work.

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
In four visits to the ruiz de lopera, Pep has never lost there as a player. I can see the team struggling here similarly to the Racing and Osasuna games, but hopefully coming out on top at the end despite the international bs. If Xavi-Iniesta form the midfield, it'll be interesting to see how they do in a tricky away game like this, under Pep..

·
Registered
44,361 Posts
Betis have some keyplayers suspended after last weeks derby against Sevilla, so they won't be counting on Nélson and Arzu because of that reason. Fernando Vega and Juanito will be tested in the last hour, so it's not even sure that they will start either.

Ricardo

Ilič - Melli - Juanito - Fernando Vega

Mehmet Aurelio - Juande

González - Emaná - Sergio García

Oliveira​

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Its actually very strange that Betis is so down in the table. The team they have is actually very strong and capable. One of the few teams that gave us a real struggle in CN. Iniesta-Xavi in the middle is a good partnership but I'd like a physically stronger midfield with busquets or keita getting the starting spot. Maybe bench henry for iniesta?

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
0-3 Eto'o,Messi,Henry

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I pretty much agree with your line up, but I see Pep using Keita or Biscuits in this game as we have seen previously this season in order to neutralize their counter attacks and contain Olivera and S. Garcia. I guess you were thinking of the best possible eleven and I agree with you, but both Xavi and Iniesta played 90 minutes, while Biscuits and Keita did not. Pep might opt to rest Marquez because he came back on Thursday and use Caceres :D.
I just don't see one of Xavi/Iniesta benched that's why I included them both. Logically it should be Keita/Busquets next to one of them in midfield as you said because Pep always opts for 2 DMs in away games but you never you know with him.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
I just don't see one of Xavi/Iniesta benched that's why I included them both. Logically it should be Keita/Busquets next to one of them in midfield as you said because Pep always opts for 2 DMs in away games but you never you know with him.
We will see which one of us is going to win Culed's cookie :pp

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
We will see which one of us is going to win Culed's cookie :pp
I will because henry will be benched for iniesta and keita/busi will have a place in the midfield.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
Can't wait for this game. Should be a very good one, and thankfully none of our soldiers have gone down in those fvcking friendlies.

1-3.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Remembering last years game in that stadium could give you chills thrue your spine, Xavi acting up as the biggest bitch on the planet and the whole team ****ing up a 2-0 lead. Thank God we're a diffrent team this year, no rooms for misstakes or any other shit, we have to keep los putos at a 12 point gap.

1 - 20 of 231 Posts