Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs UD ALMERÍA
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Sat, Oct 25 | 22:00

Barcelona return to the Camp Nou to face one of the surprises of the last couple of years in Primera, Almería. After securing the pass to the next round of the Champions League, it's time to focus in the domestic competition.

In the last weeks, Barcelona have shown big improvements in every aspect of the game. The team gained in self-confidence, attacking power and defensive strength. The result is a good run of victories that shouldn't stop in this round.

As we know, in the next weeks, we'll face some mid-class rivals that will always give us problems. In any case, if we want to fight for the title, we must know that these are the kind of the games we need to win. It's time to put some pressure on the rivals to force them to win points every weekend.

We can not miss this chance to keep growing in the standings.

FORÇA BARÇA!

1 Valencia 19
2 Sevilla 17
3 Villarreal 17
4 Barcelona 16
5 R. Madrid 16
6 Almería 11
7 Malaga 10
8 Atletico 9

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
Turn down the volume of TV or computer on this day, me and Saphan are going to teach Catalans how to support a team. Forget about Boixos Nois, the Slovenians are coming. Btw, there is no serious security check at the entrance of Camp Nou, I'm telling you I'm bringing into the stadium more weapons of mass destruction that were discovered in Iraq.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Well I wonder if Messi will play this match from start considering he played 90 minutes today? I have no clue what Pep is thinking and he'll certinanly give us another surprise, but I vote for this:

Iniesta - Eto'o - Messi (The tridente magico of the Pep era)

Ameria shouldn't stop this winning streak we got, but I don't think they should be underestimated (I'm sure Pep won't do that, even if the media and fans do)....so come on 9:th straight win :D

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Turn down the volume of TV or computer on this day, me and Saphan are going to teach Catalans how to support a team. Forget about Boixos Nois, the Slovenians are coming. Btw, there is no serious security check at the entrance of Camp Nou, I'm telling you I'm bringing into the stadium more weapons of mass destruction that were discovered in Iraq.
:eekani:

Are you sure you can fit that many slingshots into your pocket?

·
Gracies, Turkiye!
19,988 Posts
Btw, there is no serious security check at the entrance of Camp Nou, I'm telling you I'm bringing into the stadium more weapons of mass destruction that were discovered in Iraq.
So in other words, you won't bring any.

You could also disguise as an Espanyol supporter and bring flares and heavy firecrackers. In case we're losing (not very likely with King Pep in charge though is it).

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
I think Bojan will likely get some minutes in this match as I see Pep rewarding him for his performance yesterday.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
We must win this one.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
a must win, we need those 3 points, and keep the pressure on the leaders.
if anyone slip now, they'll find more than one team going past them..

bring them on! :fero:

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
Any word on the starting 11 for this one?

Pep has been giving us a hard time predicting the lineup lately :)

·
In Exile
5,398 Posts
No, even the squad list is not known yet, we have 19 uninjured players, and the squad list (18) will be announced one hour before the game. It's clear what Pep is doing, he doesn't want to leave ONE man out, he's preserving the feeling that all of them are valuable and part of the squad until the end.

Btw, as I'm in Barcelona now, I have good and bad news.

Bad one is, that van Nistelrooy can swim.
Good one is, that there's one guy in Van Nistelrooy shirt less walking the streets of Barcelona, and one guy in such shirt more swimming in the sea of the port of Barcelona.

I'm logging off, as I think it's better for me to keep low profile from now on. Don't worry I'm doing great job here, even if I won't be able to report every achievement of mine.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
No, even the squad list is not known yet, we have 19 uninjured players, and the squad list (18) will be announced one hour before the game. It's clear what Pep is doing, he doesn't want to leave ONE man out, he's preserving the feeling that all of them are valuable and part of the squad until the end.

Btw, as I'm in Barcelona now, I have good and bad news.

Bad one is, that van Nistelrooy can swim.
Good one is, that there's one guy in Van Nistelrooy shirt less walking the streets of Barcelona, and one guy in such shirt more swimming in the sea of the port of Barcelona.

I'm logging off, as I think it's better for me to keep low profile from now on. Don't worry I'm doing great job here, even if I won't be able to report every achievement of mine.
Am I wrong to assume that some alcoholic beverages have had some role in your adventures in the beatiful city of Barcelona?

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Any word on the starting 11 for this one?

Pep has been giving us a hard time predicting the lineup lately :)
I'll give a try... I think I'm starting to discover his pattern...

Valdes

Alves - Pique - Puyol - Abidal

Toure

Xavi-------Busquets

Messi----Etoo----Henry

I think he will bench Iniesta this time... just a feeling. Now I'm sure I'll be wrong. :D

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Sunny and warm weather in Barcelona. As I write from an internet cafe, I keep my eye on Barcoslav who is not letting Ruud out of the see... Actually there are now two madridistas in the water, Guti has joined Nistelrooy... ;)

Seriously, our little expedition is here and ready to help the boys win tonight with our voices. I think that today Eto'o and Iniesta will definitely play, so the lineup should be based on them. My prediction is:
Valdez
Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal
Busquets
Xavi-Iniesta
Messi-Eto'o-Herny​

So yeah, Iniesta back in the middle for this one. Hleb and Bojan will come in 2nd half.

Visça Barça!

·
Seis Copas
5,517 Posts
I doubt Iniesta will be benched two games in a row [CL] and he'll prolly start on the left ahead of Henry, but if Hleb does play then I see him joing Xavi in the middle.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Ill have a go

Valdes
Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal
Toure
Xavi-Busquets
Messi-Eto´o-Iniesta

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
--------Valdes---------
Alves-Pique-Puyol-Abidal
--------Busquets-------
------Xavi----Toure----
Iniesta----Eto'o---Henry

Hleb could well start ahead of one of the CMs, most probably instead of Toure.

1 - 20 of 157 Posts