38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Partido; Betis - Real Madrid
Fecha; 27/09/2008
Hora; 20:00
Estadio; Ruiz de Lopera
Jornada; 5
TV; PPV

Interesting game at the weekend in Seville. It will serve as a distraction for the CL match with Zenit in midweek so it will be intriguing to see how the team approaches this match and the level of their focus/ intensity. Schuster will continue to shuffle the pack and my money is on Cannavaro and Arjen Robben to sit this one out. Sergio Ramos and RVN are back in the starting line-up refreshed, but the midfield essentially picks itself.

Betis have failed to score in three of their four matches thus far this season. They're not the same team of three years ago with Joaquin, Oliveira, Assuncao, Edu... but Heliópolis has always been a hard place for us to visit. These stadiums are always full when Madrid come to town and the opposition finds extra resources. If we take our eye off the ball we're going to get punished.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
we lost there last year by ridiculous defensive mistakes .
I don't think Metzelder will be a starter , anyway I predict another away win 1-0 .

·
DAJE ROMA
5,521 Posts
i noticed that Real take the teams that play Barcelona in the previous game, it will last for the league ?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
We will win this game, but it'll be ugly.

I'll predict a 1-0 win off a Sergio Ramos header from a VDV set piece.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
It will be a super tough match. Marcelo shouldn't start this one :pp

I don't have a good feeling about this one, but I hope we continue to dominate and not just win by a slim 1-0.
I really would like to see a clean sheet..!

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
what's this bullshit, comeon guys, 0-3 to us!

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
Yes, I personally do not like it.
i do. they will always be more tired with us and often with bad psychology after losing to barca :D

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
what's this bullshit, comeon guys, 0-3 to us!
agree and we will see Higuain & DLR make it tough of Schuster to bench when Sneijder comes back

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
And don't forget the cards, injuries, etc.. their players could receive...
So the chance of them getting cards or picking up injuries against you guys is higher than against other teams... come on, Jorly, that's nonsense and you know that.

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
Andalusia is a hard place for us, I just hope that we can take the 3 points, no matter how we do it.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
The squad...

GK: Casillas, Dudek
DF: Pepe, Metzelder, Ramos, Heinze, Torres, Marcelo
MF: Van der Vaart, Diarra, De la Red, Javi Garcia, Robben, Drenthe
FW: Raul, Higuain, van Nistelrooy, Saviola

Not called up:
Salgado, Cannavaro, and Codina (technical decisions)
Sneijder, Guti, and Gago (injured)

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Raul scored two goals last game and should be money in the bank for a goal in a tough CL atmosphere like we'll experience mid-week. He should be rested.

I'd go with:

Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Metzelder - Heinze
Diarra
DLR - VDV
Higuain -------- Robben
Pichichi van Gol​

In the second half, sub Diarra for Javi Garcia, RvN for Saviola, and Robben for Drenthe.

Sucks for Marcelo, but I don't want him playing this game or against Zenit.

1 - 20 of 266 Posts