Xtratime Community banner
1 - 20 of 364 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

RCD ESPANYOL vs FC BARCELONA
Montjuïc (Barcelona) | Sat, Sept 27 | 22:00

Barcelona climb to Montjuïc to visit Espanyol in the most balanced derby of the last years. In fact, Barcelona are having too many problems to beat Espanyol lately and it's a must to put things in their right place.

Barcelona have achieved 3 victories in a row and it'd be important to close the week with 3 more points in order to stay near the top positions and not to lose the track of Villarreal, Atletico, Madrid or Valencia, while we wait for a mistake of these teams.

Espanyol lost their first game of the season last Wednesday against Sevilla and will miss players like Valdo or Finnan for this game. In any case, the espanyolisme is living a sweet moment and they hope they can move their fans to the stadium.

FORÇA BARÇA! BARCELONA BLAUGRANA!

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's time to stick it to 'em.

I don't care about the result, any win will do. Preferably an offside goal in the 95th minute to win us the points :D
I'm with you... and a celebration near the stands screaming at the crowd, showing the shirt like Luis Enrique used to do. :hopeful:

·
Registered
713 Posts
Pep should go with the below on Sat:

-----------------Valdes------------------
-Alves------Puyol--------Pique-----Abidal-
-----------------Busques----------------
-------------Xavi---------Keita----------
----Messiah----------------------Iniesta-
-------------------Eto'o-----------------

·
Registered
8,387 Posts
0-1. I want a Raul Tamudo own goal in the injury time. :happy:

Valdés

Alves-Puyol-Pique-Abidal

Busquets

Touré-Iniesta

Messi-Eto'o-Bojan​
Why do we want to take Iniesta out of the left wing after he is making these very good performances there. The problem with Andres is that he can never get a run of games in the same position. I think he should stay on the left where he has been good.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Agreed CM. Iniesta should stay on the left, he's done pretty good there so there's no reason to change his position.
And it's a little bit harsh to bench Xavi for one bad peformance. He was due one and hopefully he'll be pulling the strings again this Saturday.

Lastly and more importantly, Henry should stay on the bench. In an ideal wolrd, Abidal can get a seat next to him.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Tamudo time. :D

I predicted you'd walk all over Betis which didn't occur, so I'm sure my prediction here won't come to fruition either, but what the heck... 3-2 Espanyol.

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
0-1. I want a Raul Tamudo own goal in the injury time. :happy:
:thumbsup:

Tamudo my arch-enemy

Hopefully he gets a spanking...

Barcelona to win 2-0

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Beat those fvckers in their own stadium :smileani:

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
Why do we want to take Iniesta out of the left wing after he is making these very good performances there. The problem with Andres is that he can never get a run of games in the same position. I think he should stay on the left where he has been good.
Agreed CM. Iniesta should stay on the left, he's done pretty good there so there's no reason to change his position.
And it's a little bit harsh to bench Xavi for one bad peformance. He was due one and hopefully he'll be pulling the strings again this Saturday.

Lastly and more importantly, Henry should stay on the bench. In an ideal wolrd, Abidal can get a seat next to him.
In the long term I think Iniesta's position should be CM because that's the position where he can excel and use his strengths to help the team. He has just awesome playmaking abilities, he's absolutely great at carrying the ball forward and distributing it to the attackers but when he's playing at the LW his weaknesses are terribly exposed.

His poor shooting and crappy finishing just don't make him very suitable for this position, it's ok to use him there in emergency situations but I prefer more decisive players who bring goals on the LW. Iniesta's done well nevertheless lately but I like him more in the central midfield.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The problem is that we don't have proper wingers. Henry is in clear decadence and Bojan looks nervous lately. If Hleb returns to the team soon, perhaps Iniesta can go back to midfield, but for now I prefer he stays where he is, since he's proving to be a great winger that cause many problems to the rival's defenses.

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
Love Tamudo it's these types of match where he pulls out the dagger as well as DLP.

·
Premium Member
7,160 Posts
The list:

Valdés, Pinto, Alves, Puyol, Piqué, Márquez, Abidal, Busquets, Touré Yaya, Keita, Xavi, Gudjohnsen, Iniesta, Pedro, Bojan, Messi, Henry, Eto'o

1 - 20 of 364 Posts