Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Jornada 32

vs

MADRID, April 7 (Primera Liga) - David Beckham is among the absentees for Real Madrid as they look to keep the concentration for a 2nd place finish with victory over struggling Real Sociedad on Saturday.

Beckham was forced to sit out training this week because of a rib injury and was not included in coach Juan Ramon Lopez Caro's 17-man squad for the match against Sociedad at the Bernabeu.

The England captain is one of a number of players missing for Real with Pablo Garcia, Jonathan Woodgate and Oscar Minambres also injured and Roberto Carlos suspended after his sending-off in last weekend's 1-1 draw with league leaders Barcelona.

Ivan Helguera, whose last appearance for Real came in the derby win over Atletico over a month ago, is also missing after again being overlooked.

Helguera's fall from grace at Real also looks to have cost him a place at this World Cup finals with Spain coach Luis Aragones omitting the centre-back from his 33-man pre-selection squad which was announced on Friday.

Helguera's club-mates Sergio Ramos, Michel Salgado, Raul and Iker Casillas were included however.

The loss of Beckham is a blow for Real as they look to reduce the 11-point gap to Barcelona but the midfielder's absence has been off-set by the return to fitness of Zinedine Zidane.

Zidane had looked a major doubt for Saturday's game after suffering a calf strain earlier in the week but he has been included in the squad after coming through training on Thursday.

While Real will still have hopes of hauling in Barca, they will also need to be wary of losing out in the race for second spot.

Third-placed Valencia beat Cadiz 5-3 last weekend to move to within two points of Real while Osasuna are a point further back in third.

At the other end of the table, Sociedad are stuck in the bottom three a point adrift of Real Mallorca and safety.

However, Sociedad's confidence will have been boosted by last weekend's 3-0 win over bottom club Malaga, a result that followed a run of seven defeats in eight league matches.

Socieded midfielder Xabi Prieto revealed the mood in the camp is good despite their lowly league placing.

"The squad is happy and believe in our possibilities, and we have a great atmosphere,'' he said, before highlighting what it will take to come away from Madrid with a victory.

"We must be professional and strong at the back. We must play tight and give it everything on the pitch,'' he explained.

"Real Madrid are a great team and when they have the ball we must try to defend. We must also damage them when we have the ball. We have fast players on the counter-attack.''

Sociedad coach Jose Mari Bakero has named a 19-man squad for the trip to the capital with John Viafara back after suspension and returns for midfielders Igor Gabilondo and Gorka Larrea.

Probable line-up;

--------------------------Casillas----------------------
Salgado--------S.Ramos-----------Mejia--------R.Bravo
------------------Baptista-----Guti---------------
-------Cicinho------------Raúl-----------Robinho---
--------------------------Ronaldo----------------------

La Liga | Sat, 8 Apr 06, 19:00 | Estadio Santiago Bernabéu

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
yay!!! beckhams out.. madrid to beat sociedad.. sociedad are going down this year

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
AS says these 11 will be starting:

Casillas; Cicinho, Ramos, Mejia, Bravo; Baptista, Guti, Raul, Zidane OR Robinho; Ronaldo.

Lopez Caro hasn't decided whether to start Zizou or Robinho.

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
The loss of Beckham is a blow for Real as they look to reduce the 11-point gap to Barcelona but the midfielder's absence has been off-set by the return to fitness of Zinedine Zidane.
plzzz dont say that u made this up!!!!

caro is a freakin idiot

he will take 17 players, that is 11 and 6 subs; yet he isnt even considering helguera for the 7th spot on the bench

what if a DM or CB gets injured????

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
3-0 since we're playing without beckham.

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Be prepared for judgement day!!
Skoubo, AKA the great dane, wil fire a couple of missiles down your throat. You won´t see it coming before it hits you.
Real Mandril 1-2 Skoubo.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
micho007 said:
plzzz dont say that u made this up!!!!

caro is a freakin idiot

he will take 17 players, that is 11 and 6 subs; yet he isnt even considering helguera for the 7th spot on the bench
Beckham would have been useful on the bench. :D

Helguera is paying for the 6-1 in Aragón, by the way. Which shows how silly and ridiculous this Lopez Caro idiot is.

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Where is all the madristas?
Its´s matchday FFS :wallbang: :pp
There was more responce in the crying thread, for crying out loud :howler: :tongue:

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Zidaneism said:
And Cassano is still not in the starting line-up?? :googly:
And whom should he replace??
The guy is far from his best form and you know it.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
sonic18 said:
That's not true! Cassano has been in good form whenever he's played (which hasn't been much).

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
sonic18 said:
What the hell! He has'nt been given enough chances to prove himself. He has not even played much for you to say he is far from his best form. What a joke!

I find it absolutely blasphemous that Antonio Cassano, of all people, is not starting at Real Madrid, of all clubs. I hope you all get the drift.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Zidaneism said:
I find it absolutely blasphemous that Antonio Cassano, of all people, is not starting at Real Madrid, of all clubs. I hope you all get the drift.
Agreed, he's better than Zidane, Beckham, Guti and Baptista. Why the hell hasn't he been playing?

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
L-Pheno said:
Agreed, he's better than Zidane, Beckham, Guti and Baptista. Why the hell hasn't he been playing?
Cassano is better than Beckham, Guti & Baptista all combined.

Any reason why he is not starting, even after doing all the hardwork, getting into shape & all. He is clearly a player for the future & I am sure the RM management knows what exactly do they have at their disposal. Then why does he get no favors? Its absolutely pathetic, I tell you. Beckham starts every game, Cassano gets none.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
with Beckham out I can only predict a loss for Real Madrid

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Nonsense, i´ve seen all his games, and uhh yes he is far from the Roma days. Anyone who disagrees please stand up?

Zidaneism do i have to tell you that Beckham and Cassano doesn´t play the same place :rolleyes:

You know why he doesn´t start?
Because he´s out of form. Simple as that. And please don´t give me that crap talk about his bad form beacause he aint getting any matches. He could work his ass off to training until he is matchfit. Of couse not the technical aspect of the game but fitnesslevel.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
sonic18 said:
Nonsense, i´ve seen all his games, and uhh yes he is far from the Roma days. Anyone who disagrees please stand up?

Zidaneism do i have to tell you that Beckham and Cassano doesn´t play the same place :rolleyes:

You know why he doesn´t start?
Because he´s out of form. Simple as that. And please don´t give me that crap talk about his bad form beacause he aint getting any matches. He could work his ass off to training until he is matchfit. Of couse not the technical aspect of the game but fitnesslevel.
So Cassano's out of form? Can you name me one player in Madrid's attack who is on form? Even an off form Cassano is better than a brilliantly on form Beckham. No they dont play on the same position, but how does that excuse the absence of Cassano from Madrid's line up?

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
Zidaneism said:
So Cassano's out of form? Can you name me one player in Madrid's attack who is on form? Even an off form Cassano is better than a brilliantly on form Beckham. No they dont play on the same position, but how does that excuse the absence of Cassano from Madrid's line up?
Apperently you haven´t seen the last couple of matches. Been on a vacation or something? Ronaldo is on form. Vs Depor and Barca.

Cassano) Beckham of course, any day of the week, but they still dont play the same postion :jester: Ergo he couldn´t replace Beckham no matter what, comprende???

·
Banned
3,325 Posts
L-Pheno said:
That's not true! Cassano has been in good form whenever he's played (which hasn't been much).
Yes, it is true. He scored a nice goal against Atleti, other than that his first touch looks of and looks slow.
Bergkamp looks like a youngster compared to him.
You like to talk about his potential, so sorry to tell you this, but i´ll do it anyway.
IT HAS YET TO BE SEEN IN RM.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts