Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FC Barcelona vs Sevilla FC

Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Wed, Apr 22, 2009 | 22:00

Start of the big games which will define our season. Sevilla will be out of a couple of players due to cards (Adriano, Palop(?)). We will have a tough match due to their physical players and how we handle them will set the tone for the coming big games. A similar outing like in November against Sevilla with an early goal will ensure we dictate play. I expect Pep to play our strongest team.

Forza Barça!​

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
the 22nd of April is my birthday, I demand from FC Barcelona a good gift in that day, even it never been good at all :D :pp

turning 31 in that day, hopefully it will be a good night and wonderful gift...

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Sant Jordi will be with us... even though I'm atheist, I believe in his spirit. We all know that he wasn't there to kill dragons or other stupidities, but madridistas. :hopefull:

Seriously now. We can't fail at home. I still remember how we threw La Liga away 2 years ago, with those draws against Betis and Espanyol at home. It can not happen anymore. The Camp Nou must be unbeatable and I do really hope that the fans pack the stadium next week.

It's time to show authority!

·
Registered
947 Posts
I was looking at our schedule before we face chelsea at the nou camp:

22 - vs. Sevilla
26 - @ Valencia
28 - vs. Chelsea

we only have one day of rest before we face chelsea on Tuesday. Do you think the Spanish FA will move that game against Valencia to saturday? It'll be very interesting to see how we handle this tough run. Criminal that schedule is. I guess I need to refill my medication I don't know if my heart can handle all that stress.

·
Registered
167 Posts
With all defenders fit which of these do you think is our best defensive line-up?

Alves-Marquez-Puyol-Abidal or Alves-Marquez-Pique-Puyol

I kinda like the second line-up. Puyol has been a rock at LB since Abidal has been out and having Pique in the centre really gives us some aerial presence that seems to be lacking with Puyol and Marquez in the middle.

·
Registered
264 Posts
With all defenders fit which of these do you think is our best defensive line-up?

Alves-Marquez-Puyol-Abidal or Alves-Marquez-Pique-Puyol

I kinda like the second line-up. Puyol has been a rock at LB since Abidal has been out and having Pique in the centre really gives us some aerial presence that seems to be lacking with Puyol and Marquez in the middle.
IIRC, Sylvinho played in most of the games.

·
Registered
11,296 Posts
This is a must win game. Remember how started the previous grand slam with a big win and it sent a message that mortified everybody! We must go about and follow those same footsteps that brought succes back then.

What gives me comfort is the fact that we have been great against the top sides. barring Atletico Madrid in the vicente calderon Our most prolific wins were against tough opposition during the grand slam.

It will be game after game now and everybody will be very motivated.

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,905 Posts
Yup , if we win Sevilla and Valencia we will win La liga. These are 2 finals , and we must win them at all costs.

·
Premium Member
7,160 Posts
we only have one day of rest before we face chelsea on Tuesday. Do you think the Spanish FA will move that game against Valencia to saturday?
The match has already been scheduled for Saturday, 25th at 22:00.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
And so the Grand Slam begins...

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Of course, Torres is a coconuts socio. I'm still wondering how he took points from them in the past. Or it was calculated in Shchuster's price?

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
A win is a must.... 3-0.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
Yeah, a bit.. they should've sent off 1 or maybe 2 of our players to add to the disallowed goal, false offside call, and the ungiven PKs..

1 - 20 of 212 Posts