Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs GETAFE CF

Camp Nou | Sun, April 6 | 21:00

After the victory in the Champions League, Barcelona return to La Liga to face Getafe. Despite our chances to win the title are more than just low, the team must try to give their best in the last games to try to recover the 2nd position at least.

Barcelona can not fail in these home games, they owe it to the fans. They should forget about the future to focus in the day by day to get the best from themselves in this last part of the season.

Getafe always are a difficult team to face, despite they may be distracted by the UEFA Cup and La Copa final. Still Laudrup built a serious team that are able to make things quite difficult to this irregular Barça.

ARA MÉS QUE MAI, FORÇA BARÇA

·
Banned
5,292 Posts
Interesting match. We could be looking at the next Barca manager in Laudrup. Tough match but I think Barca can win this 2-1.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm not sure if bojan is injured or not (hopefully not), and if deco or ronnie will play, so here's my line up with that in mind:

--------------Valdes--------------
----------------------------------
--Zambro--Puyol--Milito--Sylvinho--
------------Marquez--------------
------Xavi------------Iniesta------
-Giovanni-------------------Henry-
--------------Etoo----------------

If deco and ronnie play, than this:

---------------------------------
--------Deco-----Marquez--------
-Giovanni-------------------Ronnie
------------------Henry-----------
-------------Etoo-----------------

Iniesta and Xavi need a rest.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Bojan is fine. We can't bench our most in-form player.

Ronnie has participated in his first training with the rest of the team in along time so I doubt he'll start this game. Deco, on the other hand ,could very well make his return in the starting XI and that would be a good occasion to give one of Xavi/Iniesta a rest.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
True but he's not played a lot this season and he's 17 years old so he surely can keep up with this cadence.

I'd not mind seeing Henry on the bench though.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to see Henry benched too.

I'm loving the way Bojan is playing at the moment, so I'd be a bit disappointed if he wasn't starting, but on the other hand I don't want to see him get over-played. I'm hoping he'll start in the second leg versus Schalke.

·
Registered
520 Posts
More than Bojan, we need to usher Deco and Marquez to full fitness asap. They are going to be invaluable in the coming games, especially against Man U should we make it that far. Marquez and Milito in the middle, Carles on the right and Sylvinho on the left with Deco in front. Toure to be used in the away games where his physical presence will be needed the most.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Toure has said his back is alright and he'll be OK to play against Getafe, so maybe we could go with:

Valdes

Zambrotta - Marquez - Milito - Abidal

Yaya​

Considering their form though, I don't feel hugely confident in any of our defenders at the moment. The midfield and attack will have to save the day :fero:

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Deco and R10 will play this one ?

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Deco and R10 will play this one ?
No. Deco hasn't been declared fully fit by the medical team yet, and he limped out of training on Thursday. It'll probably be another week or more. Ronaldinho is out injured for a predicted six weeks.

isn't messi supposed to be back?
He's not ready yet. It'll be at least another two weeks, probably longer.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
I hope that Frank will show some motivation, tactical wit and good subs against his gossip-successor.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Same 18 men squad that traveled to Germany.

Porteros: Valdés y Pinto.

Defensas:
Zambrotta, Puyol, Milito, Thuram, Márquez, Abidal, Sylvinho.

Centrocampistas:
Xavi, Touré Yaya, Iniesta, Edmílson, Gudjohnsen.

Delanteros:
Giovani, Bojan, Eto'o, Henry

We'll see something similar to this line-up :

----------Valdes----------
Zambrotta-Puyol-Milito-Sylvinho
------------Marquez---------
-------Xavi----------Iniesta---
---Eto'o-----------------Henry--
-------------Bojan-----------

·
Registered
4,715 Posts
Go with this Frank:
Pinto
Zambrotta Thuram/Marquez Abidal Sylvinho​

Maybe, just maybe, Puyol, Milito and Valdes will think about their recent form. I know others have sucked too but we still have to put out 11 on the field:pp. Then again, maybe this will backfire and kill any confidence these players may have had left.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
IMHO, if Madrid win today vs Mallorca there is no need to waste any efforet on La Liga, and he should start with Pinto, Sylvinho and maybe the B team players, leave the rest to rest for the CL.

espicialy if VillarReal win tomorrow vs Sevilla, I think we'll be 10 to 20 light years away from winning.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts