·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Primera Liga - 2007/2008 [Jornada 30]

Real Madrid 62
Barcelona 58
Villarreal 56

Our recent slip-ups have made things interesting again at the top of La Liga so this has suddenly become a must-win game. Sevilla have not been consistent enough to challenge for the title this year but nevertheless remain a threat as they have the quality to beat anyone, as we saw with the 2-0 loss in the reverse fixture. This time we're at home though, and Hildebrand will not be here to have the game of his life, so hopefully we'll score some goals after creating good chances and earn the three points.

I expect Schuster to recall Heinze and Robben to the starting line-up for this game, apart from Barca this is our toughest game during the title run-in so we need our best possible team out there.

Kanouté is a doubt for them, but in Luis Fabiano they also have the pichichi with an extra incentive to play a great game as we've been linked with him in the summer.

Casillas

S.Ramos - Cannavaro - Pepe - Heinze

Gago - Guti

Robben - Sneijder - Robinho

Raúl

La Liga | Sunday, 30 Mar 08, 21:00 CET| Santiago Bernabéu

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Absolute, 100% must win game.

Oh, and Baptista will start. Let's just accept that right now.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I understand, Robinho still isn't at 100% physically. We badly need him at his best in this game so hopefully an extra week of training will get him in peak condition.

Oh, and Baptista will start. Let's just accept that right now.
Baptista only got a run in the team because Van Nistelrooy and Robben have been injured. He'll easily get benched for Robben once he's ready, and he is.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Let's make a friendly wager.

I'm saying Baptista starts.

Either way, I win. :D

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If Baptista starts it will be because Robben is not at 100%. From what I gather, he is completely ready. Let's not forget he started five matches in a row before getting injured. He came back within 20 days, so he's good to go.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
were doomed!!!

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I want Diarra in this game.

My line-up, even though it won't happen:

Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Heinze - Marcelo
Diarra - Gago
Guti.HAZ
RRR​

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Diarra is a must for this game and I bet he'll be a starter

its insane to start Gago and Guti against Poulsen,Keita

then the midfield is Sevilla's

win or die

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Diarra started against Poulsen and Keita at the Sanchez Pizjuan and was eaten alive.
I remember your gay partner started this game as well, and didnt do shit

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I remember your gay partner started this game as well, and didnt do shit
What's with the insults? Did I insult you?

I was just responding to your opinion that starting Diarra in this game is essential for a victory, something I don't agree with because he also started in Seville and was simply overrun. He was so poor that he had to resort to almost smashing Crespo's face in half with a vicious elbow.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
About Heinze not playing against Valencia. According to "pipi" estrada of Marca, he reckons that Heinze was dropped for speaking out after the loss to Deportivo. What was apparently said after the defeat was that Heinze said if you cant win a match play for a draw, or words to that effect anyway.

what the problem is here is that schuster went on to make the exact same comments after the valencia match, so a bit hypocritical one might say. however the validity of such comments needs to be questioned.

but the truthiness (if you may) to these statements is that on more than one occasion schuster has said that his ideal back four are ramos-cana-pepe-heinze, and when hes finally got the chance to start them for the second time he opts against it. he actually went as far as to say it is the best defence inthe world.

so one must wonder why he did not start him as there were absolutely no reported injuries all week, before or even after the match.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That wouldn't surprise me. Salgado also came out last week and said Schuster had to prove he is worthy of coaching Madrid. Thanks Salgado, now we'll never see you again. :D

As for Heinze...he is a fierce competitor. Perhaps a little outspoken, so this doesn't surprise me. I am sure he'll be back in the next game.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
i think that whatever combination of players we field in midfield they are still going to get overrun by sevilla's midfield

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
fantastic lineup, whats the tactic rush the center like american football.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Please no Baptista and no Sneijder.

I can't stand them anymore. Sneijder seems like he's a talentless guy who's playing football as a hobby with his mates. Seriously the probability of him controlling the ball is 50/50. It all depends on luck, nothing on technique. I thought controlling the ball was the basics of football and is passing the ball.

Baptista and Sneijder don;t want to make themselves look bad which is why they "shoot" passes to their teammates.

If I was Schuster, I'll bring Baptista, Sneijder and Cannavaro and show them the tape of the game. Ohh and let Casillas look at the video of the 3rd goal for atleast 10 times. He wants the Zamora? Then save shots like those!

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
como on don´t blame Casillas on that goal, he gambled because the defense was expose all the attacker had to do was pass the ball, the mistake was Canavaro sliding into the grass miles from the attackar for reasons nobody knows.

1 - 20 of 360 Posts