38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Partido; Racing - Real Madrid
Fecha; 21/09/2008
Hora; 19:00
Estadio; El Sardinero
Jornada; 3
TV; PPV

At Jornada 3 it is still early days, but this is nevertheless an important weekend in La Liga. It's points in places like this that accumulate to championship status. I think we've played some good football in the last two matches at home against Numancia and BATE, despite the wastefulness in front of goal the chemistry is quite good. Schuster pretends Higuain may put Raul on the bench but I will believe it when I see it, I am sure Raul will start here, as always. Racing even pushed for a CL place last season but will find it almost impossible to repeat that feat given their scarce resources, and the importance of losing Marcelino as head coach.

Schuster has to decide between Cannavaro and Marcelo; with Ramos, Pepe and Heinze a fixture in the backline. He'll most likely go with the Italian who needs match fitness. Gago is out for a month so Diarra will play, although below his usual level due to fasting.

Casillas

S.Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze

Diarra - Guti

VdV - Raúl - Robben

V.Nistelrooy​

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Away from home...Guti and Raul starting...Diarra fasting...Casillas still on holiday...I fear the worst, to be honest. I can't see us winning here, although one comforting element is the experience of our defense. They haven't played many games together but were immense at the Camp Nou last season, we need a similar performance from them here - as I expect Racing to have little trouble unsettling Diarra and Guti in these conditions and enjoy more of the ball.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
We'll win this game. I'll predict 2-0, both goals off the feet of Pichichi van Gol.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Away from home...Guti and Raul starting...Diarra fasting...Casillas still on holiday....
We have many players: it's time to give people like Dudek a chance to play or they're going to sit on bench the whole season long, not ready when we need them.

·
Registered
7,495 Posts
A little optimism guys. They played on Thursday so we have an advantage. Plus their best defender isn't going to play :proud:
Thank God for those contract rules for loaned players :proud:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
We have many players: it's time to give people like Dudek a chance to play or they're going to sit on bench the whole season long, not ready when we need them.
Surely not.

Keep Dudek out of goal. Iker should play every minute, he's a keeper for goodness sake. Unless he has an injury, which he doesn't, then he should play every game except for Copa del Rey since fatigue is not an issue with Iker.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
hope to see more minutes for Higuain and DLR .
I predict 2-0 , Ruud and Robben

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
2-1 Ruud and SAVIOLA (YES, EL CONEJO :hopeful:) to score.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Racing captain Munites is out for 6 weeks

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
we will win, lets see how we play and who we play which for me at the start of the season is a bit more important. ofcourse 3 points is important, but you need to gauge the rest of the season with these early games.

do we have any clause on garay not playing?

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
no garay no munitis ..........but juantan pereia is in very hot form , so PEPE must take care

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'd like to see these players on the line-up

Casillas

S.Ramos - Cannavaro - Heinze - Marcelo

Diarra - DLR

VdV - Higuain - Robben

V.Nistelrooy​

Javi Garcia in for Diarra, Drenthe in for Robben, Saviola in for RVN.

Pepe should see the bench as he hasn't been that good the first few games, and Raul should play easy oponents or every other game.

if we are leading by 2 goals in second half, I hope Schuster gives Saviola a chance after what happen in mid week, felt sorry after what I saw of him beeing fooled in front of 70.000 fans and on TV too. Very stupid of others laughing at him.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
and I hope Saviola SCORES and selebrates in front of Dudek and Torres

1 - 20 of 219 Posts