Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Partido; Malaga vs Real Madrid
Fecha; 04/04/2009
Hora; 22:00
Estadio; La Rosaleda
Jornada; 25

Real Madrid visit Malaga on Saturday with another chance to pour the heat on Barcelona. Fortunately, precedent dictates that a trip to La Rosaleda results in a win or a draw. In seven matches in Andalusian territory, the Madridistas have won four times and drawn three.

With 30 points still in play and Barcelona up by six, Real Madrid will be well aware of how their bitter rival fares even before kick-off in Malaga. The Catalans have a tough match in store as they visit Valladolid and the Zorrilla on Saturday at 20:00 CET.

The last time the Whites took the pitch knowing Barcelona's final result was week 23. Madrid managed to cut two points off the lead with a 0-4 win in Gijon following Barça's 2-2 draw against Betis.

It will be a home-coming of sorts for Juande Ramos, who was a member of the Malaga coaching staff in 2003/04.

Casillas

S.Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze

Robben - Lass - Sneijder - Marcelo

Raul - Huntelaar

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Is Heinze suspended? I can't seem to recall but I think he picked up his fifth yellow card in the last league match. I think Sneijder will start in place of Gago who doesn't arrive in Madrid until Friday.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Marcelo is out because of an injury, Heinze is suspended. We will probably see Torres which i dont mind at all. Robben is injured and might not play. We might see this:

Casillas
Ramos Pepe Cannavaro Torres
Higuain Lass Gago Sneijder
Raul Huntelaar

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Is Heinze suspended? I can't seem to recall but I think he picked up his fifth yellow card in the last league match. I think Sneijder will start in place of Gago who doesn't arrive in Madrid until Friday.
Marcelo injured and Heinze suspended means Higuain comes back into the lineup. it was pretty dumb him being benched last game and coincidentally we played pretty shit.

torres is good enough as LB it just means robben will have to play left wing so theres some sort of attacking momentum down that side.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Robben returned injured. Marcelo returned injured. Heinze is suspended. Gago is fatigued and did not even arrive in time for one training session. Lass is banged up and did not train at all, but might recover. Guti returns... and so does DRENTHE! :eekani:

Here's the squad called up:

GK: Casillas, Dudek
DF: Salgado, Ramos, Pepe, Cannavaro, Metzelder, Torres
MF: Lass, Gago, Guti.HAZ, Sneijder, Javi Garcia, Parejo, Drenthe, Van der Vaart
FW: Huntelaar, Higuain, Saviola, Raul

2 of these players won't dress, though. I'm guessing Drenthe and Saviola.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
tough match I expect , though we always win there ..
Higuain and Guti to take Robben and Marcelo spot .. Torres at LB I guess

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
this is Marca Line-up

Iker
Ramos-Pepe-Cannavaro-Torres
Gago-Sneijder
Higuain --- VDV
Raul - Hunter​

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Damn, this is the wrong match to have Lass and Gago out at the same time. We're going to have to be very strong defensively and clinical upfront. At least we have red-hot KJH.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts

·
Registered
11,267 Posts

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
i dont think we're gonna win this one, not because of guti, but i've been having a bad feeling about this game since 2 weeks ago. even with our best formation we would have difficulties

but we can always hope

·
Third Place Winner, December 2011 Photo Contest
10,936 Posts
this is Marca Line-up

Iker
Ramos-Pepe-Cannavaro-Torres
Gago-Sneijder
Higuain --- VDV
Raul - Hunter​
Looks pretty good on paper. Torres is good definsively. And the last time I saw Malaga they sucked so bad. You guys should win this one comfortably.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Duda and Eliseu need to be watched. :shades:

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Looks pretty good on paper. Torres is good definsively. And the last time I saw Malaga they sucked so bad. You guys should win this one comfortably.
Jinxing are you? ;)

Actually, Malaga aren't that bad. They had both their starting cb's out against you, unless my memory fails me.

Real Madrid need to be careful

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.