Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Primera Liga - 2007/2008 [Jornada 28]

A great weekend for Madridistas, after putting the disappointment of our CL exit behind us with a hard-fought 2-1 win over Espanyol, our main rival for the championship surrendered three points at home. 8 points is nowhere near definitive with 11 rounds of football left, but it takes us one step closer to retaining our title. Valencia and Sevilla come to the Bernabeu later this month, so this is theoretically one of our "easier" fixtures - and this may be a cliché as old as time, but titles are won in places like A Coruña.

Our last win here was in the early 90s, but Depor have had some quality teams over the years to maintain their stranglehold over Madrid at the Riazor. I wouldn't say the same can be said of their squad this year, so I'd be surprised if we don't finally get that win in Galicia that has eluded us for years.

Finally, we'll be able to field our best midfield of Gago-Guti-Sneijder, and Van Nistelrooy could also return to the line-up.

We can not fail here, no excuses.

Casillas

M.Torres - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze

Gago - Guti

Sneijder - Raúl - Robinho

RVN​

La Liga| Saturday, 15 March 08| 20:00 CET| Riazor

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
we hadnt won in riazor for a looooong time

this weekend we must fight for honor

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
This is not the Depor from which we have known, the drought will end this weekend and Real will come away with 3 points

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I don't think we'll be able to get the 3 points here.

No matter what form Depor are in, they always manage to beat us there.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
they look pretty good coming from 2:0 to 2:2 in Valencia today.
This will not be an easy game.
is robinho fit? is he even injured?

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
is robinho fit? is he even injured?
My understanding from Schuster's comments are that he was simply feeling very tired by half-time, especially after completing the full 90 minutes against Roma despite only 18 minutes back from the injury. I am sure he'll be fit for the game and ready to go. It's a full week of preparation.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
The Riazor is just our boogey stadium and im not sure if we will break the curse this weekend, even last season i was sure as hell we were going to win there but freaking Arizmendi made a fool of us there. Their squad is ok really, i am very i am very impressed with De Guzman and Xisco from their side, quality players.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
if they still put 5 defenders before us like last night

i dont sure we can score more than one goal :(

ITS CURSE

hope pepe can lead team to break it !!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I just hope that Schuster has realized how much we depend on Diarra when it comes to defending. It is time we finally see our best midfield Diarra- Guti- Sneijder. :stuckup:

I woun't even watch the game if Diarra will be on the bench, couse that is like giving them a win.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Damn its Riazor !

16 years without win !! , Shuster need to break a record there ..
Marcelo play well but I guess Heinze will be back as a LB , Diarra - Sneijder and Guti ..

Higuain starting again as Ruud still not fit .

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
We need Marcelo on the left, otherwise our fullbacks won't provide anything going forward.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
riazor is a bad dream for both marcelo and gago , they should play and break it

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
I'm very excited about Sneijder as well, maybe he'll find his form again, I'm one of the few who believe that he can be a great player for our club. I'm sure that he isn't playing on top, every players needs time to adapt to a league, he can do it!

Maybe we should rest Raul.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Extremely, extremely tough fixture. That crowd may not have much to cheer about, but man oh man they hate us and their boys get pumped up.

We will need Diarra in this game as long as he played like he did this past weekend. I don't want Sneijder, I don't care what people say. For home games, fine, drop Diarra and play Sneijder. For away games where the tension is high, I don't want this guy bumbling and panicing every time he gets the ball.

Iker will need to be much better as well.

Casillas
Torres - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze
Diarra - Gago
Guti
Raul - Soldado - Robinho​

Yeah, that's right... Soldado!

Hala Madrid said:
Their squad is ok really, i am very i am very impressed with De Guzman and Xisco from their side, quality players.
Of course you're impressed, he's Canadian. :shades: :pp

Maybe we should rest Raul.
Why? He's the only one scoring for us, it'd be suicidal to rest him considering we don't have mid-week games and he has a full week to rest for this anyhow.

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
Oh, I thought Ruud was fit again, since he's in Mad4's lineup. I don't know how fit our captain is, he really never gets a rest.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Oh, I thought Ruud was fit again, since he's in Mad4's lineup.
Yeah, unless Mo knows something we don't, that's incorrect and Ruud is also out for this game. I had initially read that he'd miss Roma, Espanyol, and Deportivo.

I don't know how fit our captain is, he really never gets a rest.
I know, he's a machine. No rest for Blanco Gonzalez.

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, unless Mo knows something we don't, that's incorrect and Ruud is also out for this game. I had initially read that he'd miss Roma, Espanyol, and Deportivo.
I read that he would miss Roma and Espanyol, but that he'd be back for Deportivo.

16 years without win !! , Shuster need to break a record there ..
Schuster is the record-breaker. :shades:

Diarra - Sneijder and Guti ..
Nope.

Schuster already confirmed after the Espanyol match that Gago was simply getting rested. He is going to start here, with Diarra on the bench (unless Sneijder is not deemed match-fit enough to start).

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
In German TV Premiere the commentator said that Schuster said that Gago played bad against Roma and that the ones who don't deliver will lose their spot. I forgot to mention that earlier. :(

1 - 20 of 249 Posts