• Total voters
1 - 20 of 400 Posts

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
vs

Match Thread.

Our main target should now be to finish 2nd, so we can avoid qualifying for the Champions League for next season and concentrate on our pre-season planning.

Hopefully Ronaldo will get benched for this game, we've tried to give him a break but he's simply not up to it. He shouldn't be allowed back in until he loses weight and gets back into top shape. Cassano was told to lose weight before he got his chance, why does Ronaldo get away with it?

You know all about Valencia; disciplined, direct and difficult to break down. Baraja is back for this match following surgery, but the main danger men remain Pablito and Villa.

Probable team;

-------------------Casillas---------------
--Cicinho--Sergio Ramos--Mejia--Carlos
------------------Gravesen---------------
Beckham-----Guti----------Zidane---Robinho
-------------------Raul-----------------

La Liga | Sat, 11 Mar 06, 21:00 | Estadio Mestalla

·
Registered
390 Posts
L-Pheno said:
Hopefully Ronaldo will get benched for this game, we've tried to give him a break but he's simply not up to it. He shouldn't be allowed back in until he loses weight and gets back into top shape. Cassano was told to lose weight before he got his chance, why does Ronaldo get away with it?
Yeah I really want to see our team without Ronaldo. Let's see our "magical midfield" create its magic. Let's see what Raul can do instead of Fatnaldo and see whether it's because of Fatnaldo or because our whole is rotten...

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
R.o.n.a.l.d.o. said:
Yeah I really want to see our team without Ronaldo. Let's see our "magical midfield" create its magic. Let's see what Raul can do instead of Fatnaldo and see whether it's because of Fatnaldo or because our whole is rotten...
The midfield has always been an area of concern, but Ronaldo is living his last moments in Madrid.

I prefer to see Raul play, we should start Raul in every match from now on to see if he can recapture his old form. It's vital, because if he fails until the end of the season, we should sell him, too.

We know Ronaldo is leaving, he's just a waste of space now. I would rather see Robinho-Cassano-Raul. They could work on some chemistry ahead of next season.

·
Banned
23,575 Posts
if Beckham plays and Raul is the only striker up front the ball will never get up field, unless you call hoofing balls getting up field.

Valencia will roll over Madrid

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lite®nit said:
if Beckham plays and Raul is the only striker up front the ball will never get up field, unless you call hoofing balls getting up field.

Valencia will roll over Madrid
Beckham needs to learn how to play the ground game, his high balls are useless. Arghh, he just isn't suited to RM.

We'll just have to rely on Cassano and Robinho to open them up.

I liked the positive vibes shown by Raul against Arsenal tonight, he looked quite good. I want to give him a chance for sure, forget Ronaldo, we know he is leaving so he might as well rot on the bench for all I care.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
We don't know if Raul is entirely fit or not...

Win this match and better the head-head record will go a long way in giving us that advantage come close season. Otherwise we can only stare at 3rd place max.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Its going to very tough to even tie Valencia at the Mestalla let alone beat them. Whens the last time they lost again? December?

Villa is going to have a field day with us :depress:

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
a loss

interesting to see what villa and aimar do to us. its not interesting from our perspective ofcourse!

·
Registered
390 Posts
I hope that Ronaldo doesn't play. I just want to see who you guys will blame this time. I am sure Raul will have a great game as he always does...or as he has always done for the last 4 years. Same thing goes for Zidane and Beckham....

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I predict a heavy loss, lets face it we havent won a game against a quality team this season. Lyon, Barca, Valencia, Arsenal, Deportivo (they're not quality and we still lost), Villareal... against all this teams we failed to win. guess what? it's not going to change in this game or for the rest of the season, we're jost not good enough.
And it doesn't matter if Ronaldo plays or not.

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
R.o.n.a.l.d.o. said:
I hope that Ronaldo doesn't play. I just want to see who you guys will blame this time. I am sure Raul will have a great game as he always does...or as he has always done for the last 4 years. Same thing goes for Zidane and Beckham....
hey, it is not only because of performance, neither Ronaldo nor Raul had some decent games in the previous weeks. BUT, Raul gives more to the team, he works for it, he encourages them to try more and his teammates can see he is trying. Ronaldo standing upfront, with his finger in the nose, thinking about what the future brings... ok it was quite a bit extreme, but i agree that he looks finished with RM and is not willing to break his bones for success. :frownani:
maybe also Cassano gets another chance after his solid game against athletico, but only if Zizou will get a rest..
tough match, would be happy with a draw

·
Registered
813 Posts
L-Pheno said:
L-Pheno said:
I prefer to see Raul play, we should start Raul in every match from now on to see if he can recapture his old form. It's vital, because if he fails until the end of the season, we should sell him, too.

We know Ronaldo is leaving, he's just a waste of space now. I would rather see Robinho-Cassano-Raul. They could work on some chemistry ahead of next season.
What am I hearing?

The fact that more people are coming to realize that Ronaldo is a yesterday's man is in itself progress for our team. At least, nobody would expect Ronaldo to remain a fixture in the team and, therefore, a waster of space, and there will no longer be pressure on the rest of the team to play for Ronaldo.

I commend you for coming back to base.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
The theoric victory of Valencia is so clear to me that I think that this is the only chance for Madrid to take something good for Mestalla.

Valencia is the main favourite for me, because Real Madrid always failed against TEAMS this season. Real Madrid also comes from a physical effort in Europe, while Valencia have been preparing this all the week. Real Madrid is physcologically destroyed, while Valencia still has a small hope to fight for La Liga even being with the same points that you have.

Still, Madrid have to keep fighting, because if they let themselves go, the last months are going to be horrible in the Bernabeu.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I agree that Villa is likely to wreck Havoc.

I also fear for our left wing, as it seems Miguel can sting from there, but more likely, will close that channel for our attack.

One discomfitting tendency that was glaring in our game against Aresenal at Highbury was the perennial failure of defense to intercept through balls. And it seems our ability to make a tackle and snuff an attack is rapidly diminishing. I could not believe seeing Henry (and even Hleb) walking through our defense like that time and time again.

·
Registered
17,343 Posts
After the anti-climax and sadness of being dumped out, we will lose easily

he must not play the same team, as we have seen it in the past they tend to collapse

·
Registered
7,221 Posts
Good too see you ar finally coming to your senses El Fen. :thumbsup:

As for the game, I don't know, we generally have close battles with Valencia, could be a draw or we win 0-1 or they win 1-0. Probably someone will win by one goal. They are undefeated for a while, and I think it's about time they lost. :D

Valencia is a big team, but they aren't unbeatable. Hopefully Ronnie and Beckham will be on the bench.

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
a exciting match and probably ending with a tight result, but Real Madrid is a bad full of surprises. i am just hoping that they act like a team again and can fight for the 2nd place in Laliga

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
i jus pray becks is on the bench

1 - 20 of 400 Posts