Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 224 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

REAL ZARAGOZA vs FC BARCELONA
La Romareda (Zaragoza) | Sun, Mar 21 | 21:00 CET

Barcelona visit Zaragoza in La Romareda in another battle for the first position for La Liga. With Real Madrid having an easy game at home, Barcelona must go for the win as only option.

Our team will miss the absence of Xavi, due to an injury, but we still have the good image of the team in mind, after the good game we had against Stuttgart. We'll see if Zlatan will return to the team or if Pep insists with Henry. Keita may return to the team too.

Our rival is an improved team compared to what we saw in the first half of the season. Suazo is a consistent striker, Eliseu gives them speed and their defense is more solid with Jarosik and Edmilson. Besides, Zaragoza never was an easy place, so the team must be ready for a game that won't be easy.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
A win is a must... we can't let the bastard escape now..

·
Honorable Mention, February 2013 XT Photo Contest
21,026 Posts
First time on the AVE for Barcelona, they will be able to relax on the trip. The trip between Zaragoza and Barcelona is pretty, they will get a nice view.

Once there, go after Pavon:fero:

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Anything besides the 3 points is unacceptable, this is the final run in the league and every match should be treated as a final irrespective of who the opponent is. I want the team to carry on the performance of last night and keep on gunning towards winning the league, I want Zlatan to sit on the bench for another game (what greater insult to a player of his caliber than to bench him) he needs to wake up we need him. I would go with this line up:

---------------V.V--------------------

---Alves---Puyi---Milito/Pique----Max--

------------Pique/Toure---------------

-------Iniesta-------Toure/Keita-------

--Messi------Henry/Bojan------Pedro--

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Zlatan is not playing his favorite position and you can tell. He doesn't like to have his back to the goal. He played deep with Inter. He received the ball and created chances. He is not like Eto'o.

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Beware of that Ponzio guy. He was after the legs of Reyes when we played them and escaped with a yellow inspite of hacking our players all through the match.

·
Registered
317 Posts
First of all, I want to play with the two rizados as CB's, since the strikers of Zaragoza are speedy we need to stand resistant to this.

Yesterday it was significant that Pep used the 4-2-3-1 formation. What'd you guys think of having Zlatan just behind Henry with Messi and Iniesta (or Pedro) occassionally coming in from the flanks?

Then they could use both Henry's deep runs and Zlatan's abilitys as a target playing second striker.

·
Second Place winner, October 2012 XT Photo Contest
3,015 Posts
I'd rather keep yesterday's formation with Messi, Pedro, and one of Henry or Zlatan. Zlatan needs to play as a #9 a la Henry if he wants to start.. Protecting the ball well and pass it quick without slowing the game flow, and be the focal point in attack rather than hiding out.

Oh, and a good news is that Busi's injury appear to be nothing serious. While he is still waiting for further test results, he is expected to travel to Zaragoza with the team.

·
Registered
4,539 Posts
Zlatan needs to play imo because we are gonna need him playing well in the run-in this season and the only way for him to recover some semblence of form is for him to play games.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Zlatan needs to play imo because we are gonna need him playing well in the run-in this season and the only way for him to recover some semblence of form is for him to play games.
I really like Zlatan and think he is a special player. But recently his lazy attitude in the pitch is getting to me, i'm sure we can come up with so many clips to illustrate that, but one move that angered me yesterday was when he came on and looked like he just ran a marathon or something and was just walking around the field, you can see in 7:24 in the clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeConZsOAZo

When Iniesta played the ball into the penalty area you can see Pique, Henry and Puyol running in to try and connect with Alves. Ibra, on the other hand, just stayed put as if he's not the team's centre forward!

I know Pep had his famous dinner date with him but I think this time it has to be dinner and a movie! A clip of all his lazy movements!

Maybe attach an electric collar to his neck. Pep can press it whenver Ibra is getting lazy!

·
RIP Alton Ellis
5,658 Posts
I
I know Pep had his famous dinner date with him but I think this time it has to be dinner and a movie! A clip of all his lazy movements!
With Frank Rijkaard, it would have been a couple of joints but that's the last thing the guy needs just now; or maybe not because tension could be making it worse :stoned:

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Zaragoza (17th) - Barcelona (2nd): 2.
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=758082&sec=europe&root=europe&cc=5901

Coach Jose Aurelio Gay has already announced he'll start the same 11 players who drew last week against Racing de Santander. The good news is that, in that match, their defence looked stronger than ever this season, led by their impressive goalkeeper Roberto, who wasn't even on the bench with Atletico de Madrid earlier this year. The bad news is that their offensive options seemed limited to what 'Chupete' Suazo could do on his own, which will not cut it against Barcelona. And the terrible news is Lionel Messi.

The Argentinean simply won't be denied. He's unquestionably on a mission. For Barcelona fans, this is a blessing. They have witnessed similar one- or two-month spells from other unforgettable players, during which they seemed unstoppable. It's hard to compare Messi now to Romario in 1994, Ronaldo in 1997, Rivaldo in 1999, or Ronaldinho in 2005, but it's safe to say he's as good as any of them: he can turn the sign of a match single-handedly like those four did, only he's doing it at a rate and with such a consistency none of the others ever managed to sustain.

When a player reaches this level of excellence, there's not much you can do. Messi will run riot on Sunday, and that's that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

However much I know that Zlatan does not fit our style, he should start considering the big games we have in the near future. He needs to gel with the team and cannot be an outlier. It also makes sense since this opponent is relatively easier than the ones we will face shortly.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Zaragoza are much improved, but I still see you winning by at least 2 goals.

Zlatan should definetily start. Henry hasn't convinced me all season. Bojan can come on as sub

·
Registered
7,160 Posts
Messi has some dental problems and could be doubtful for tomorrow.

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
He was included in the squad

The full squad for the game is:, Pinto, Alves, Puyol, Piqué, Txigrinski, Milito, Maxwell, Márquez, Jeffren, Touré, Keita, Sergio Busquets, Iniesta, Messi, Ibrahimovic, Henry, Pedro and Bojan.

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He was included, but whoever suffered what he has knows that this is painful as hell.

So it's time for the TEAM to step up... lately, Messi does everything and we need others to appear and solve the games.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
What kind of dental problems he has? I was an expert in dental pains, the most annyoing along with inserting a wire into your penis to check on your kiddney:(

·
In Pep, We Trust!
6,149 Posts
Dental Abscess, but I couldn't find any more details about what is wrong with him.

He could play in the match, but nothing has been confirmed yet. Pep is keeping that card close to his chest, apparently he is fine if Messi stays this one out. I think he is going to be on the bench, and involved in the 2nd half if things do not go as planned.

·
Registered
11,116 Posts
Dental abscess?! Damn!!!

This is just terrible! I wanted to watch him calmly as wifey spending the night at her sisters:( Well, a rest could be useful for him even though will affect his scording record.

1 - 20 of 224 Posts