Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 207 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs VILLARREAL CF

Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Sun, March 9 | 21:00

Important game in La Liga for Barcelona. After the deceiving result in the Calderón, Barcelona are 5 points far from Real Madrid. A winner team isn't the one who never lose, but the one who can react fast against adversity.

In this situation, without Leo Messi, Barcelona are forced to win to keep the chase of Real Madrid. We can only hope that our players don't start to doubt about themselves and show the required attitude to face the last weeks.

Villarreal are a team that historically isn't very good for Barcelona. They're in the 3rd position and recovering the prestige they had not so long ago. A very dangerous team.

It doesn't matter. Barcelona must win, without excuses.

FORÇA BARÇA!

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully Bojan, although I guess that Rijkaard will bet for Henry, Etoo and Ronnie.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
The Henry-Dinho-Eto'o is not working as we've seen in the last 2 games and unless Rijkaard decides to change his formation there's absolutely no sense in playing all 3 of them.

I'm not holding my breath though. Frank is too stubborn to change anything.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Henry - Etoo - Ronaldinho

With Ronaldinho giving total freedom and Henry and Etoo should play more in the center than on the wings...total freedom and roaming around for Ronnie, than it could work very well

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
He was given freedom in the Calderon and it didn't work AT ALL but it could work out for this game. the problem doesn't reside there it's Henry's form that's worrying me the most.
He looks completely lost out there and his first touch has been absolutely awful lately. Dunno what's wrong with him.

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Juan Antonio,Who is that Ozzy Osbourne?
The little girl of The Exorcist... sadly you don't understand Spanish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8uWZd3Ce2M

"The girl of Rajoy (Spanish right wing leader)"

"There's an example that sums up all my ideas which everyone can understand (sniff)... I want that the girl that is born in Spain can have a family and a house and parents with a job (sniff)... this the least we can ask, a family, a house and parents with jobs (sniff)... that's why I believe that this girl, wherever she's born, must receive an education as good as the best... I want her to feel a huge pride for being Spanish... (sniff) for being part of that nation, so old, so admirable, that can give her the best oportunities, but that will also be exigent to make her be a mature and responsible woman.. this is what I want (sniff)"

eeer.... whatever... sniff :D

·
Registered
639 Posts
He was given freedom in the Calderon and it didn't work AT ALL but it could work out for this game. the problem doesn't reside there it's Henry's form that's worrying me the most.
He looks completely lost out there and his first touch has been absolutely awful lately. Dunno what's wrong with him.
I think he might be getting it back together. Today against Celtic we saw him work really hard. Seems like he realizes he needs to pick up his game again cause he'll be on the bench otherwise. He did the same thing when he came back from injury, when etoo was back, because he wanted to make sure he starts and gets plenty of playing time. Now that everyone is (or actually was since messi is injured) I think he'll try to make sure he gets his place in the team, and that means he's gonna have to work hard and play well. We'll see on Sunday.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
We will win this one and hope Espanyol kick some Madrid asses.

·
Wizard lvl 99
115 Posts
Why have Henry and Eto'o? They don't know how to work with each other yet give the kids 1 spot on the wings and have Ronnie on the other with Eto'o or Henry up top.

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Why have Henry and Eto'o? They don't know how to work with each other yet give the kids 1 spot on the wings and have Ronnie on the other with Eto'o or Henry up top.
They can play together....Rijkaard is just stupid in insisting both to keep on the wings...they can switch to the wings sometimes, but its useless to keep them away from the box all the time...put them both nearer together with ronaldinho switching from left to right or to the center...this could work very good...
its just a slight inovation of the system but even this is too much for rijkaard ...

·
Pepe the Beast
4,493 Posts
Take a look at Patrick Viera. This is the same thing that will happen to Henry. An amazing player at Arsenal until the last year there. Then after a bad year Wenger sells them for what looks like pennys at the time only to realize that he was actually the one making the good deal. He knows when his stars are starting to go bad and sells them to other big teams.

He is done. He was only ever meant to be an Arsenal player.:broken::nono:

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Come on, Henry (for barca) produced much more in the big games than any other current arsenal striker...

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Wack Iniesta on the wing and see how he does. Ive only seen him once this season on the right of attack against RM this season and he wasn't half as effective as he is on the left but im sure Frank will keep Ronnie there. Let the two wide players drift and interchange and bloody well keep which every striker we play in the MIDDLE! preferably Eto'o by miles. I'd try putting Iniesta wide as long as Deco-Xavi are doing fine in Midfield.

·
“Més que un club”
1,359 Posts
The most natural replacement on that right side is Gio dos Santos. Mentally he's still immature but physically he can already handle the task. What he lacks in decision-making, he makes up with pure athleticism and effort. The guy tracks back more than anyone on that right side and I hope he starts getting minutes.

I know a lot of people like to bash him quite a bit, but this guy has lots of potential. He just needs to learn the basics of the game, and not overdo it at times. Otherwise, physically he's got all the right tools to be a monster of a player.

Personally I don't think R-E-H will work. None of them can effectively play on the right, and knowing Rijkaard he'll have find a way to get the worst out of each one of them. I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.

Iniesta can also play on the right, but I'm guessing he was rested because Rijkaard plans to play him at the weekend and rest one of Deco/Xavi. I don't know, we'll see.

The most important thing against Villarreal is the 3 points. It'd be great to demolish them in front of our home fans, but we just need a victory at this point to stay in touch at the top. Espanyol will bend over for los putos as usual, so I'm not counting on them doing us favors. Besides, their level has also dropped in recent weeks after their good play. Let's hope for an unexpected surprise.

·
Registered
8,261 Posts
Maybe it's the time for 4-1-3-2

Zam Mar Mil Syl

Yaya

Ini Deco Ron

Sam
Who got red card? It's turned to 4-1-3-1. :pp

Beating VCF needs concentration 90 minutes + xtratime ;) I hope for a fair play, 'cause the last time we clashed them, they were more a diving springboard than a submarine. I hope we'll sink them where their true place is.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
The little girl of The Exorcist... sadly you don't understand Spanish
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8uWZd3Ce2M

"The girl of Rajoy (Spanish right wing leader)"

"There's an example that sums up all my ideas which everyone can understand (sniff)... I want that the girl that is born in Spain can have a family and a house and parents with a job (sniff)... this the least we can ask, a family, a house and parents with jobs (sniff)... that's why I believe that this girl, wherever she's born, must receive an education as good as the best... I want her to feel a huge pride for being Spanish... (sniff) for being part of that nation, so old, so admirable, that can give her the best oportunities, but that will also be exigent to make her be a mature and responsible woman.. this is what I want (sniff)"

eeer.... whatever... sniff :D
just let you know that little girl gave me nightmares for years :dazed:

1 - 20 of 207 Posts