Xtratime Community banner

LFP | J26 | FC Barcelona vs Valencia CF

18K views 297 replies 64 participants last post by  DEportivo 
#1 ·

FC BARCELONA vs VALENCIA CF
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Sun, Mar 14 | 19:00 CET

Barcelona have an important test at home, receiving Valencia in our stadium. The team lost the first position last weekend and this game probably comes in a good moment to show a reaction against a powerful team.

As always, the most important are the 3 points, but it's undeniable that we need a dose of optimism and, if it's against such an important rival, much better.

At this point, we don't know if Pep will be able to count on Ibra. With or without him, Barcelona must go for the 3 points and we can not find any kind of excuses.

We all know our rival. One of the most powerful attacking lines in Europe, who will test our defense, and an organized block that will always be a threat for us.

TOTS UNITS FER FORÇA! VISCA EL BARÇA I VISCA CATALUNYA!

See less See more
#2 ·
Its going to be tough game... I would like to play this one without Ibra and let him rest for Stuttgart match... I would go with:

------------VV------------
Dani---Pique---Puyol---Max
-----------Yaya-----------
---Xavi----------Busi------
Messi-----Henry------Iniesta

#5 ·
A real test for us and another occasion for Villa to feel how good is to play in Nou Camp. Depending on his decisions in future, he can provide himself above 30 games per season there.

If we can not win this game, then we'd better reconcile with a trophyless season and turn our attention to Transfer Rumors and Elections threads.

There's not much to philosophize more.

#13 ·
So did Pep.

And Canal+ made a video analysys and proved that the reasons for that red card that Clos Gomez wrote in his report don't hold water.

#15 ·
So did Pep.

And Canal+ made a video analysys and proved that the reasons for that red card that Clos Gomez wrote in his report don't hold water.
Yeah, but it's so evident in both cases... I mean, the video shows that Pep didn't say what the ref wrote in his report (basically, he invented a story, which is something to denounce) and the madridista linesman, aside crying the chances of Madrid that go to the post, is able to see what doesn't happen.

#20 ·
Probably, it wouldn't be the first time. Messi as fake striker is a usual solution in these cases.
Henry to the rescue!!

IMO, this has been the case for a while now, the guy has to cover two positions not only one. I hope he scores, and both Puyi and Pique will stop Villa.

I want to see both Iniesta and Xavi in the middle, apparently Keita could be back for this game or against Stuttgart which is great news (Abidal in a couple of weeks). I want to see the following line up:

V.V-Alves-Puyi-Pique-Maxwell-Biscuits-Xavi-Iniesta-Pedro-Bojan-Messi

I have a feeling that Pep is going to use both Toure and Biscuits in the middle and shit Iniesta to LW, Messi as a CF and Pedro as a RW.

#23 ·
You lot will win quite comfortably, we are plagued with injuries and suspensions. A draw would be great for us :(

#25 ·
all I'm asking and keep asking of Pep is to give Bojan "THE KID" an equal chance he gave the CVNT "Henry" and the TOWER "Ibra" and THE NEW SAINT "Pedro" ..

he fvcking deserve it and should be giving at least 5-7 run of games to get into shape and confident, note that he whenever played might not score and waste chances, still he create a lot other of chance and assists goals..

#26 ·
So I opened the Cava to celebrate, had a look at Barça TV and saw they were showing the amazing 3-2 against Valencia from 2000-2001. Switched off and did some work and then after watching the rolling news for half an hour (merengues defeat shown 3 times!) I put Barça TV on again just as Rivaldo was teeing the ball up on his chest before he did THAT! What a night! Watching the pitch invasion now.

#27 ·
I still have that match on VHS. I keep telling my Mom who insists on me hooking up her VCR (again) that it's useless. Guess I forgot about that tape. :D

I'll never forget that experience. One of the greatest experiences I've ever had as a Cule. Factor in the CLs, last season at Stamford Bridge... still have that Rivaldo goal etched in my memory. I even remember Lapor... err, Gaspart's reaction as he went crazy. :D

#29 ·
This match is an obvious case of Florenato. Everyone knows we play Champions this week, why do we have to wait until sunday to play this match. Now we have to have one eye on the champions league. When will everyone stop conspiring against us :pp

P.S. Boohoo

Double P.S. Merengue Mode "off"

#30 · (Edited)
This match is an obvious case of Florenato. Everyone knows we play Champions this week, why do we have to wait until sunday to play this match. Now we have to have one eye on the champions league. When will everyone stop conspiring against us :pp

P.S. Boohoo

Double P.S. Merengue Mode "off"

Oh sorry oh mighty Treble winners Barca, shall we play Monday night, then the UEFA Cup on Thursday night and then play Saturday for your convienience?

How ungrateful of us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.