Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Partido; Espanyol vs Real Madrid
Fecha; 28/02/2009
Hora; 22:00
Estadio; Estadi Olímpic Lluís Companys
Jornada; 25

Time to think of the next game. Juande will tell his boys not to dwell too much on the Liverpool defeat and concentrate on cutting further into Barca's lead at the top. A win here would bring us to within four points, at least until Sunday when Barca are in town at Atletico. Gago did not make the squad list after twisting his ankle in the CL so Guti or Sneijder will partner Lass in midfield. Marcelo will probably continue at LW although we may see Guti and Sneijder start together instead. Upfront Huntelaar has three goals in our last two games and may get another start with Raul rested?

Casillas

S.Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze

Robben - Lassana - Guti - Marcelo

Higuaín - Huntelaar

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Squad list:

GK: Casillas, Dudek
DF: Sergio Ramos, Salgado, Pepe, Cannavaro, Heinze, Marcelo
MF: Lass, Sneijder, Guti.HAZ, Javi Garcia, Robben, Van der Vaart
FW: Saviola, Raul, Higuain, Huntelaar

Not called: Codina, Metzelder, Torres, Gago(injured), Faubert, Drenthe, Parejo

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Should be a straight forward win against Castilla.

I'll go with:

Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Marcelo
Robben - Lass - Guti.HAZ - Van der Vaart
Higuain - Huntelaar​

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
yeah wonder who will get that Gago position. Guti could get it if he goes with Josh's lineup, but i dont see why marcelo will be benched, and fvckin heinze has to play as he doesnt believe anyone else can defend.

i mean you'd think Heinze has the defensive ability of maldini he gets picked there every week.

Faubert excellent signing not called up again, and Parejo not called up another excellent signing. sitting in the stands is obviously better than him playing actual football.

·
Registered
3,290 Posts
I say guti comes of the bench...no need to derail what has been working so far to accomodate him. We've been playing great lately and we shouldn't start benching players that have been excelling to play him.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I say guti comes of the bench...no need to derail what has been working so far to accomodate him. We've been playing great lately and we shouldn't start benching players that have been excelling to play him.
kjose, you're so lazy that you don't even read the full posts man. :pp

Gago is hurt, so he's not getting benched for anybody.

·
Nº Socio; 504515
6,715 Posts
I don't understand the reason of buying Faubert ? If we needed him then why we dont play him but if we don't need him then why did we buy him for ? I dont really understand the reason of all these . Who are all these players we put our Jersey on ? Madrid jersey worth a billion . players should cry for it. Unfortunantly we briing no brand players to the club and dont sit them on the bench . Weird very Weird

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
another 3 points I hope , Barca will drop points against Atletico

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I don't understand the reason of buying Faubert ? If we needed him then why we dont play him but if we don't need him then why did we buy him for ? I dont really understand the reason of all these . Who are all these players we put our Jersey on ? Madrid jersey worth a billion . players should cry for it. Unfortunantly we briing no brand players to the club and dont sit them on the bench . Weird very Weird
Well, Faubert wasn't bought. He's here on loan for like 500,000 Euro or something. Pedja got him. Juande wanted Young or Valencia. He got this crappy Luccin lookalike.

In regards to players working for the jersey, we have one rotting away in Dani Parejo. He showed great stuff in the Emirates Cup, then we loaned him to QPR and he got a fair share of appearances. We bring him back, gave him 5 minutes about a month ago, and nothing else. Here's a talented Madridista who should be playing.

Where did Palanca go? What did he do wrong? Dribbled too many players and fought like a warrior (bleeding head and all)?

Why doesn't Javi Garcia get brought on more when we're holding a lead?

How does Saviola get called ahead of Bueno who showed more in 45 minutes than Saviola has in 4 years?

What's the point of having Dudek collect a fat wage when Codina is twice the keeper and doesn't even get to be on the bench?

Is Negredo not burying enough goals the last two years for us to remember him?

Why did we bring back Soldado then sell him again?

Does the club remember a player named Granero who already proved himself in La Liga and European competition?

Hit me over the head with a hammer, and then I'll give you the reasons. We all apparently have far too many brain cells to understand these near mentally challenged moves.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Very true Josh. Palanca was great and he would have been very useful against pool and Parejo should be on the bench. If I was juande, i would punish some players and play this tomorrow:

Casillas
Ramos Pepe Cannavaro Marcelo
L.Diarra VdV
Palanca Sneijder Higuain
Huntelaar

I know Palanca is not called up for the game

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
This is the 2nd most important/difficult game in La Liga left after the Barca one. I seriously hope our boys are fired up for this; Winning there is alot tougher than most of you are thinking.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
I think the Sevilla, Valencia and Bilbao away are gonna be tougher than this one. They are Real Madrid B after all.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Its important though coz the difference will be 4 points if we win at least until Barca play and they will be under pressure at the Vicente Calderon, a slip up there(draw or loss) will put us officially back on the hunt for La Liga title. Then we can open a thread for Last 13 ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
i dont regard this as a difficult game for you at all, espanyol loves you guys and other then their game vs barca they've been utterly crap, i predict they will fall right back to their usual level of shitplay, they may even still be drunk from celebrating their victory over us

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Pepe, Lass, Guti, Sneijder, Heinze and Salgado all have 4 yellow cards so another and it will mean they miss the derby next week.

ofcourse the most important from those guys are Pepe and Lass, though theyre also the most likely to get a yellow. Lass's importance is magnified with gago's injury.

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
Even if Heinze recieves a yellow card, it will be cruel, because Torres would have to deal with Maxi... anyway, this game looks so small to me right now, after this huge disappointment against Liverpool. :(

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
Its important though coz the difference will be 4 points if we win at least until Barca play and they will be under pressure at the Vicente Calderon, a slip up there(draw or loss) will put us officially back on the hunt for La Liga title. Then we can open a thread for Last 13 ;)
don't count on it, Atletico defence is a joke, I would be very surprised to see Barcelona slip there.

·
Registered
813 Posts
To put it in perspective, although we were already beginning a turnaround, we were not yet playing that great when he was brought in. If we the players have continued to play the crap, he would have got more games. And if we were already playing as we are doing now, we would have waited until the summer to sign a superstar.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Well, Faubert wasn't bought. He's here on loan for like 500,000 Euro or something. Pedja got him. Juande wanted Young or Valencia. He got this crappy Luccin lookalike.

In regards to players working for the jersey, we have one rotting away in Dani Parejo. He showed great stuff in the Emirates Cup, then we loaned him to QPR and he got a fair share of appearances. We bring him back, gave him 5 minutes about a month ago, and nothing else. Here's a talented Madridista who should be playing.

Where did Palanca go? What did he do wrong? Dribbled too many players and fought like a warrior (bleeding head and all)?

Why doesn't Javi Garcia get brought on more when we're holding a lead?

How does Saviola get called ahead of Bueno who showed more in 45 minutes than Saviola has in 4 years?

What's the point of having Dudek collect a fat wage when Codina is twice the keeper and doesn't even get to be on the bench?

Is Negredo not burying enough goals the last two years for us to remember him?

Why did we bring back Soldado then sell him again?

Does the club remember a player named Granero who already proved himself in La Liga and European competition?

Hit me over the head with a hammer, and then I'll give you the reasons. We all apparently have far too many brain cells to understand these near mentally challenged moves.
Very well said--on every point. I scratch my head on these cases, and that Palanaca case simply breaks my heart. His case gives the impression that a Castilla can never progress onto the first team these days--no matter what. If that guy was a Barca player, he would be touted, he would have been lining for the national team because he would been given opportunities to make impact.

I am not one of those who want Castilla, no matter how mediocre they are, but players like Palanca, Parejo, and Grenaro should be right in the middle of the mix.

In Codina, we desproyed two opportunities, apart from wasting money on Dudek. We robbed the Poles of their national goalkeeper and have denied Codina any opportunity to progress.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts