Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Partido; Real Madrid - Betis
Fecha; 21/02/2009
Hora; 20:00
Estadio; Santiago Bernabéu
Jornada; 24

15 matches left to recover 10 points. Next weekend we have Betis at home while Barca entertain Espanyol in a local derby. Raul Tamudo, anyone? :D

The league title is improbable, and although we have Liverpool at the Bernabeu in midweek I still want to see Juande field our strongest possible XI against Betis. That includes Robben. It would send a strong message that we're not going to give up on the title without a fight and that it remains a top priority. And rightly so. Robben and Sneijder are both back for this game after minor physical inconveniences, so Huntelaar drops back to the bench.

Casillas

S.Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze

Robben - Lassana - Gago - Sneijder

Higuaín - Raúl

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
By absolutely no means should Sneijder get his place back in the team. Give Marcelo or VDV another run. Huntelaar to start over Raul who should get a rest before the CL tie. Should also give Canna a rest.

I'd go with:

Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Heinze - Torres
Robben - Lass - Gago - Marcelo
Higuain - Huntelaar​

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
yeah im banking on him resting someone, anyone really. Raul and one of the CBs has to sit it out, canna like you said Josh.

and if Robben isnt ready theres no rush. Sneijder or VDV can occupy the other wing or something.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I agree with Josh and reddy , JR should rest someone .. Huntelaar will take Raul spot I guess maybe Saviola for Higuain too why not ?

no need to rush Robben if he is not fully fit , and I guess Guti will be fit to play again maybe as a sub ..

San Iker
Ramos - Pepe - Heinze/Metz - Torres
Faubert - Lass - Javi G - Marcelo
VdV
Hunter​

It seems unrealistic line-up but I'm looking to rest them to Liverpool clash ..

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
El_B, I don't see Juande making 7 changes to his usual starting XI. I'd be happy with 2 or 3. We do need to win and keep the pressure on Barca.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Sneijder has absolutely no business starting in this team right now. Hopefully Guti is match fit for this game.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
yeah why should sneijder start when marcelo had an excellent game? this is what schuster did. a guy would have a brilliant game, then hed go and throw him on the bench a la metze.

if hes gonna tell us continuity then marcelo deserves his spot, as does KJH.

he could 'rest' players, but not bench them for the sake of bringing the guys who were playing before and not playing well.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
I would go with this:

Casillas
Ramos Pepe Heinze Torres
J.Garcia Gago
VDV Guti Marcelo
Hunter

So i would rest Diarra, Canna, Higuain, Raul, and Robben(No rush). We're playing at home vs Betis, we should be fine. I dont want our key players injured for the most important game of the season...

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
When I look at this game, all I can see is Liverpool. I think we're fortunate to have found a gem like Marcelo on the wing; because now we officially have two dangerous wingers in Robben and Marcelo that can cause all kinds of havoc against Liverpool.

I think we also have enough resources to rest some key players and still be able to beat Betis at home.

I would probably go with something like Dao's line-up.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
Ramos would be stupid to feild the starting XI especially Robben !!!!

Rest Robben, Lass and Pepe ....we should be fine with Betis at home without these ppl

Iker
Torres ....Metzelder ....Cannavaro.....Heinze/Marcelo
..............Gago............JG.......................
Drenthe/VDV......................................Marcelo
................Higuain.....Hunter..................

Liverpool's match is much more important ....

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I'm pretty sure Metzelder is hurt.

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
we should start ramos IMO

they must care about that little beast monzon , also olivra ,you will never know his form :D

1 - 20 of 171 Posts