·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DATE: Sunday, February 15th, 2009
TIME: 17:00 CET
VENUE: El Molinon

@

Last time we played these guys, we won 7-1. VDV had 4 goals including that beautiful back heel flick.

Metzelder and Salgado are now hurt too, but Guti and Parejo have recovered from their injuries.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I say give VDV another shot. The guy had 4 friggin' goals against them last time out.

Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Cannavaro - Heinze
Arjen - Lass - Gago - VDV
Higuain - Raul​

Looks good to me. Maybe Huntelaar should get a shot.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I guess VDV is suspended for this match .. Lass,Pepe and Heinze have 4 yellow cards btw

anyway hopefully another 3 points and why not a clean sheet

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
Sporting are a whole different team than last time we played them, they look way better now. But i still say we give VDV a shot, even if putting Guti in front of Lass and Gago sounds eargasmic :excited:

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sporting are a whole different team than last time we played them, they look way better now. But i still say we give VDV a shot, even if putting Guti in front of Lass and Gago sounds eargasmic :excited:
My concern with having HAZ play with both Lass and Gagodondo is that they all play so deep. Guti doesn't make 5 or 10 yard passes. He makes passes that leads to goals, yes, but they're all like 30 yard passes at the least. He's the definition of a deep playmaker. I think they might all be tripping over themselves together in midfield.

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
My concern with having HAZ play with both Lass and Gagodondo is that they all play so deep. Guti doesn't make 5 or 10 yard passes. He makes passes that leads to goals, yes, but they're all like 30 yard passes at the least. He's the definition of a deep playmaker. I think they might all be tripping over themselves together in midfield.
If Guti can make 30 yard passes, then he will just make 3 yard passes that lead to goals instead :stuckup:

But seriously, i think it would work wonderfully. Bench Sneijder and put Guti behind the strikers and Robben and let the two monsters in the middle do their thing.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess VDV is suspended for this match .. Lass,Pepe and Heinze have 4 yellow cards btw
That's right, I forgot. He got his 5th yellow last weekend. I guess we have to see Sneijder again on the wing. :wallbang:

Hilarious how Lass has 4 yellow cards in 6 games. :howler:

·
Registered
12,134 Posts
Yeah I think Guti can see it as a chance as well, maybe a reason why he played so deep was that everything sucked back then, he will be free now and can pull off some passes like this one. Don't pay attention to the idiot who scored.

[tub]KUsf0bpy0JE[/tub]

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh how I've missed my HAZ. :proud:

I could watch that video of his 17 assists last year over and over again. Yes, he has huge faults, but good grief he is on a whole other level with his vision.

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
Ive always been a big fan of Guti but Capello was the only one that got us to see the real Guti. Schuster did not know how to use him. The last 12 final games, he was one of the most important players. He was world class.

I would like to see this lineup:

Casillas
Ramos Cannavaro Pepe Heinze
L.Diarra Gago
Higuain Guti Robben
Raul

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ive always been a big fan of Guti but Capello was the only one that got us to see the real Guti. Schuster did not know how to use him. The last 12 final games, he was one of the most important players. He was world class.
I really think you're confused here man. Guti spent most of the time with Capello as a substitute. It was under Schuster that he thrived. He led the league in assists last season. Bernd even said once when we were losing and Guti was suspended... 'I kept looking down the bench for the Blonde.' HAZ was Schuster's key player.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I wouldnt start Robben in this one !!! he has just played full 90 minutes against Tunisia ....If he is desperately needed in the game give him the last 30 Mins

Iker
Ramos pepe Canna Heinze
Higuain Gaga Lass Marcelo/Drenthe
Raul Huntelaar

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wouldnt start Robben in this one !!! he has just played full 90 minutes against Tunisia ....If he is desperately needed in the game give him the last 30 Mins

Iker
Ramos pepe Canna Heinze
Higuain Gaga Lass Marcelo/Drenthe
Raul Huntelaar
You know Juande is not going to make two substitutions, and three tactical movements in the starting XI.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
I think he should !! the league is over

save Robben for the CL

and rest Robben and the others against Betis ....thats a must

·
Registered
12,718 Posts
If Barca do win against Betis in the Lopera then yes, that will be a huge statement that the league is pretty much done. I am hopeful that they will slip up there though, they MUST slip up sometime and it starts this weekend :fero:

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
I really think you're confused here man. Guti spent most of the time with Capello as a substitute. It was under Schuster that he thrived. He led the league in assists last season. Bernd even said once when we were losing and Guti was suspended... 'I kept looking down the bench for the Blonde.' HAZ was Schuster's key player.
Thats true, my bad. Although you could argue that it was Capello that changed Gutis' mentality and Schuster only managed to keep the same guti for 1 season and then this season, he didnt know how to motivate the guy but you're right, Schusters' first season, Guti was his key player.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:howler: :D

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
hahahahaahahahahahaha :D Who the hell took that picture of Guti?? Must be an amateur...

1 - 20 of 129 Posts