Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Lazy Mo must still celebrating Big Ben's SuperBowl win. :pp

DATE: Saturday, February 7th, 2009
TIME: 20:00 CET
VENUE: El Santiago Bernabeu

AT

Robben is still recovering from the flu or whatever, so no idea on whether he plays or not.

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
Actually he trained with the team today.

Anyways, we should be able to beat them with or without Robben, not because they're Racing, but because we're Real Madrid. Let's hope we continue our good form and be able to score a few goals here.

Racing are indeed a very dangerous side, as we saw last week against Barcelona they weren't far away from getting a victory. They do depend on Zigic though, but we also depend on Robben.

Let's hope Sneijder is ready to play football again.

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
if they troublled barca they will trouble us even more.

lineup again picks itself, ill be one suprised motherfvcker if robben isnt starting. absolutely no way hes gonna bench him if hjes not injured. its just the flu.

so someone to replace Gago, i reckon it'll be Faubert who'll slot in on the right, sneijder in the middle after his rousing speech, and robben on the left.

backline stays the same iguess, though marcelo would be a nice change but tahts expecting too much.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Juande named the squad today.

GK: Casillas, Dudek
DF: Sergio Ramos, Torres, Pepe, Cannavaro, Heinze, Marcelo
MF: Lass, Javi Garcia, Sneijder, Robben, Van der Vaart, Faubert
FW: Raul, Saviola, Higuain, Huntelaar

Suspended: Gago
Injured: van Nistelrooy, Diarra, De la Red, Guti.HAZ, Metzelder
Not called: Drenthe, Salgado, Codina, Parejo, Palanca

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Actually he trained with the team today.
Yeah, but Juande said he's not 100% and it will be a game time decision. He says if Arjen can't go, Faubert will slot in on the right.

·
Quinta del Buitre
874 Posts
I hope for:Iker;Ramos,Canna,Pepe,Torres;Lass,Javi,Faubert,VdV;Higuain,Raul.

But probably Wes and Gabi will play.Tough match,most likely.

Queremos once Juanitos!:strong:

·
Registered
5,236 Posts
cant see old friend munitis this time :D

vamos whoever will take the seat of gago......

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
AS says Robben is healthy to start and VDV will take Gago's place with Fernando suspended.

Casillas
Ramos - Pepe - Canna - Heinze
Robben - Lass - VDV/Wes - Wes/VDV
Higuain - Raul​

EDIT: Can Reddy or someone also change the thread title? I put 03 as in March instead of February by accident. :D

·
Registered
11,267 Posts
Did Sneijder really call Barca lucky this season??
go to the sneijder thread below this one and ive got a link to his interview in spanish and in english.

you and goal.com can interpret his words any way you like.

·
Registered
17,451 Posts
Marca says Faubert will slot in and VDV on the bench:

Iker
Ramos Pepe Canna Heinze
Lass Sneijder
Faubert____Robben
Raul Pipita​

I think Sneijder will do better in a CM role where everything will run through him.

·
poco loco
3,657 Posts
and again we are blocking place and minutes for our prospects palanca and parejo, even by some last-minute transfer player called faubert... :yuck:

i do not even see a bit of sense in bringing parejo back if we do not give him a proper chance

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I prefer Robben on the left. I hope Ramos quickly realizes he's better on the right as he can cut in and shoot with his left, which he'll find difficult to do on the left. We don't really expect him to play as the typical winger where he runs by the line and crosses the ball. It's more about cutting in and it's easier for him on the right.

·
Premium Member
12,134 Posts
That's why Ribery on the left and Robben on the right would be absolutely mouthwatering. We could have bought Lafita to drift in from the left as well until the summer instead of Faubert. Anyway that's not important right now.

I think that we're going to play very well, Sneijder will play a good game in the middle with Lass backing him. Faubert will have loads of space and will use his pace, but he will show that his end product is no good. We will win this game comfortably nevertheless, although Racing is a good team.

·
Premium Member
27,068 Posts
and again we are blocking place and minutes for our prospects palanca and parejo, even by some last-minute transfer player called faubert... :yuck:

i do not even see a bit of sense in bringing parejo back if we do not give him a proper chance

Mich- I agre 100% I know parejo has been injured but why did we bring him back if Faubert & Sneijder get the call,,,

·
Registered
38,252 Posts
Casillas en portería; Ramos, Pepe, Cannavaro y Heinze en defensa; Lass, Van der Vaart, Sneijder y Robben en la medular; Higuaín y Raúl como principales referencias ofensivas.

1 - 20 of 132 Posts