Xtratime Community banner

LFP | J21 | Racing Club vs FC Barcelona

7K views 141 replies 45 participants last post by  .BLAUGRANA. 
#1 ·

RACING CLUB vs FC BARCELONA
El Sardinero (Santander) | Sun, Feb 1 | 17:00

Tough visit to Santander against a rival that is in good form. This is the kind of games that make you win the league. Santander has never been an easy visit for us and we even got some painful beatings there in the recent times.

The team must try to keep the gap over the rivals in order to destroy their hopes. The rivals marked this day as one of the possible dates to see our Barça dropping points and they're somehow right. Barcelona must keep the concentration and the good level in this important game.

Racing are a team that are aiming Europe. Now, in the winter market, they added Zigic to their solid team. So they still are one of these tough rivals that don't make things easy to the rivals, but now they also have an important threat upfront. Basically, they just need to hang balls up to create danger, not forgetting that Zigic is also a good player with the ball in his feet.

A reminder, they tied in Barcelona in the first round.

SOM-HI BARÇA!

See less See more
#4 ·
AFAIK, he's just loaned, I have no news about an option. Anyway, he may finish anywhere, since Emery doesn't like him. So if he plays well, Valencia may use him to take some money... something they need.

Now, today watching Morientes, it's beyond me why they prefer this pre-retired player that is in clear decline over Zigic. It's evident that Villa is in a different league, but Zigic is the kind of player that always gives you results. Even in the few minutes he had in Valencia, he scored his goals.

#3 ·
very difficult game this is going to be. i wouldn't be surprised if we drop pts this sunday, but i really hope we don't. anyways do we know how long puyol is going to be out? We need Puyol and/or Marquez as soon as possible....I can't stand to see both Caceres and Pique back there. we need to be focused 100 % on this one. Tonight's game showed what can happen when you take your foot of the pedal and think the game is already won.

#7 ·
Going to be a difficult match and especially coming off an emotional close win against Espanyol. Pep should rally the troops and get 'em ready for this win because it's going to be reaaal close. Like Blau said, give me a 1-0 win and I'm happy to leave El Sardinero with that.

#13 ·
Don't get nervous. Racing is a good team and can win this, but that's not a big deal. Madrid will probably start to celebrate our vulnerability (firstly they have to win their game) but we will be relieved from the pressure of the streak. Pep knows how to turn defeats in positive manner and even be happy to discover some of the flaws by that.

However, I am optimistic. Madrid will not win and we'll have depressurized legs to attack Racing day after.

Visca el Barça!

#20 ·
It has to be the mentioned back line by Blau, anything besides that could smell like a huge recipe for disaster. I mean Sylvinho wont play even if Pep's life depended on it, and let's be serious Caceres is not going to play because everyone has seen how much more minutes and experience he needs before he can claim a starting spot. Hopefully Marquez will be fit and ready to play come next sunday, and Alves is an inevitability.

This is going to be a tough game, but hopefully the players will be motivated enough knowing that they are 2 goals shy from the 5000 milestone. I am predicting the following line up:

-------------Valdes--------------
Superman--Marquez--Pique--Abidal
--------------Toure--------------
--------Xavi----Iniesta/Biscuits---
Messiah------Eto'o---Henry/Iniesta

#21 ·
Defence might be a problem, but it's more tiredness that I'm worried about. Up until they won at Sevilla, their form hadn't been that good recently. I can only hope/assume that the front 3 of Messi, Eto'o and Henry continue the form they've shown when they've all played together. With that 5000 milestone up for grabs, I honestly can't see us not scoring. It may be another Osasuna style game if we don't take control quickly.

#23 ·
Squad for tommorrow:

Valdés, Pinto, Alves, Abidal, Piqué, Cáceres, Sylvinho, Márquez, Sergio Busquets, Iniesta, Touré Yaya, Xavi, Gudjohnsen, Hleb, Bojan, Henry, Messi i Eto’o.

Good to have Rafa back, he's so crucial for our defense especially now considering Puyi's injury. :thumbsup: I expect Pep to start with HEM even though Iniesta probably deserves a start after his good performances recently. I doubt we'll go with the midget midfield, Pep usually prefers hard working midfielders in tough away matches so I guess it'll be looking like this:

Yaya
Xavi-Busi​

#24 ·
Something tells me Racing is going to park the bus hardcore for this one. Would have been an ideal game for Keita to start, too bad he is injured.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.