Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 233 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

FC BARCELONA vs CD NUMANCIA
Camp Nou (Barcelona) | Sat, Jan 24 | 22:00

First game of the second round of the league. Barcelona receive the visit of Numancia, the club with the lowest budget in Primera División. In all our memories, the first game of the season, which supposed the first and last defeat of the season.

Things changed a lot since that day of August, when all the pessimists (including me), feared the worst. Thankfully, our team were able to react to remain unbeaten for 18 games already. And this looks like a good day to continue winning and adding points, something that will just happen if the team respect the rival and don't make the same mistakes of the first game of the season.

Numancia are doing pretty well, considering their resources and level. They will probably come to park the bus in front of their goal and we already know how difficult is to break their defense, if you are not precise in your football. Numancia are well-known for their hard working attitude. They never give up and Sevilla and Madrid, our closest rivals, had to sweat blood to beat them.

The team must keep the tension in order to keep adding points, not giving the rivals a chance to breath comfortably.

TENIM UN NOM I EL SAP TOTHOM: BARÇA!

·
Registered
297 Posts
I am more worried about this game than any other so far. It seems like some kind of fate that our unbeaten run will end at teh hands of the only team that beat us. Hopefully I am just being another pessimist. There is nothing to worry aabout for you optimists :)

·
Freedom for all
16,851 Posts
Another game on the list that need to be won to keep the pimpmobile rolling, yo. And the players need to make sure Numancia know that you're not allowed to beat us or there will be consequences. :D Keep on lining them up, and The Juggernaught will destroy them. We're the Juggernaught, bitch! :D

Madrid have a tricky match against Depor, so hopefully they'll drop something and maybe then their players will stop lining up to tell Goal.com they are going to win the league. :D

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
The team pretty much picks itself for this one:

Valdes
Alves-Piqué-Puyol-Abidal
Touré
Xavi-----Busquets
Messi------------Henry
Eto'o​

Not expecting a trashing but a victory will do.

·
Registered
16,105 Posts
The team pretty much picks itself for this one:

Valdes
Alves-Piqué-Puyol-Abidal
Touré
Xavi-----Busquets
Messi------------Henry
Eto'o​

Not expecting a trashing but a victory will do.
No Iniesta? Since returning from injury he's looked pretty good IMO.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Yep, and Henry was rested midweek and Iniesta was starting. But with Pep you never know what he will conjure up. The question mark is the 3rd midfielder, the other positions should pretty much pick themselves. Actually im glad the schedule has been rather hectic as everybody has seen a fair amount of playing time and it still hasnt bit us in the arse.

P.S. knocked 3x wood, spit 3 times over my left soldier and did a whole bunch of other fun superstitious things.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
We'll win 4-0 .

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wonder what Guardiola is thinking, because this is not a very difficult game on paper, while the game against Espanyol looks much more decisive at this point. I don't expect the late usual best XI.

·
Registered
6,702 Posts
I don't think we'll reach 5000 in this match. Like K4 says, we have Espanyol after this and that is a much more difficult and important game, so I don't believe we'll field our best team, which would be needed to score six.

I expect a cool 3-0. I don't even want any revenge for the defeat, just the three points even if it's a 1-0 in injury time. We have to focus on los pericos, and think about thrashing other teams AFTER we've kicked the scum out of la Copa.

This match probably couldn't have come at a better time for Numancia. We're high flying, but also could easily underestimate the opponent and we have a match that everybody is already looking at with at least one eye. I think Numancia will sneak out of the Camp Nou unnoticed with a respectable defeat.

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
isn't this today!! why in the hell after this team starting winning, this forum got so quiet!!
are we the kind of fans who always want the fuss and trouple so they could find something to talk about !

I just wonder :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
concur, when i saw the match thread way down with so few posts, i thought i was mistaken and that the match was going to be tomorrow...

this is going to be a very difficult match guys, remember, they beat us and they play extremely defensive... it's not a walk in the park!

·
Registered
9,698 Posts

it seems its windy in Barcelona, and 4 guys killed in a wall fall in Espanyol staduim! this is as the news that came to me so far..

the big talk is the game going to be canceled today!

·
Premium Member
7,160 Posts
Confirmed lineup:

Valdes
Alves - Pique - Puyol - Abidal
Xavi - Toure - Iniesta
Messi - Eto'o - Henry

1 - 20 of 233 Posts