Registered
38,252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Partido; Real Madrid - Sevilla
Fecha; 07/12/2008
Hora; 21:00
Estadio; Santiago Bernabéu
Jornada; 14

I know it is a bit early for this match thread but I just want to look forward to the next game. It is the first of a four-match stretch against direct rivals. Realistically, to stay in the hunt we need to take all our points at home. At the moment we are six points behind Barca who are also facing a difficult stretch of games... so the gap can be closed very quickly - or it can widen just as rapidly. It is unthinkable to comprehend us nine points behind the leaders this time next weekend, the pressure heading into El Clasico would be immense. The return of two key players in Higuain and Robben should alleviate some of our offensive woes - although in the case of Robben it may be at a smaller capacity if he is not able to start. I would start him though, surely he can't do much worse than Drenthe and Saviola as regards actual impact on the game.

Sevilla are having a very good season and still play with very much the same style of the Juande Ramos team. Barcelona outclassed them in their last game so they'll be looking to respond here which makes things complicated.

More than ever, this game requires maximum effort, focus, passion, belief and commitment. The Madridismo shirt is special and must be defended in defining moments like this.

Casillas

Torres - Ramos - Pepe - Marcelo

Gago - Guti

Sneijder

Higuain - - - Robben

Raul

·
Premium Member
27,075 Posts
when is Diarra back? we need him in a game like this

·
Registered
14,528 Posts
I lost hope in Schuster. Not that I put the whole blame on him lets make that clear. He has seven players on the injury list and he lost one of his most important players and he wasn't replaced. Yet he wanted Van Der Vart, but he doesn't know how to utilize him. We all saw how Sneijder and Van Der Vart play together in the Euros.

Apart from that, we have no fuking system. No defensive system, each to his own. You notice that the most when Pepe and Cannavaro play together. They BOTH love to leave the defence and go to the player before he reaches the area, yet, common sense suggests only one of the defenders should charge and leave his line. Then we have Heinze and his goal costing mistakes, which aren't Schuster's fault.

The midfield? Please he has Sneijder and Van Der Vart as I said earlier. We might be blinded by their recent performances and think they're average midfielders but these two players together, they form a complete midfield duo. We didn't see that though.

Schuster's fault is that he's losing control, I remember K4 saying that Schuster isn't someone capable of getting his team back on track after a bad period and that's evidenced now. He's sinking, he's setting now lows by not expecting us to beat Getafe. We are fuking Real Madrid, we go for the win in every fuking match no matter what.

We need to see us playing a system. I'm sick of watching each player doing what he does best, rather than playing under a system.

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
Wesley will be out for 10 days , he will miss Sevilla and Zenit but hopefully will be fit for Barca ..

Diarra trained today with the squad , and according to Marca DLR will be back next week

good news

·
A por Ellos!
6,895 Posts
I want Diarra back more than any other player, anyone that even suggests putting Gago in there becoz of his "offensive skills" is just retarded. DLR is much better than that overrated piece of shit. The guy thinks hes Redondo.

·
Registered
5,434 Posts
DLR Diarra VDV

our best midfield who are yet to draw a match !!!

as soon as these guys are fit they should start playing together again

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Fernando Gago's tireless efforts on the pitch should not go unnoticed. Some of those you have mentioned should not be given places out of concession for the sake of one true worker.

It would be like Owen being unfairly sent to the bench and be left there to rot.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Fvck "efforts". Even I can go running like a headless chicken on the pitch for Real Madrid and I will even do it for free. This is Real Madrid C.F. the best club off all time. Gago is just as usless as Raul is.

·
Registered
62,100 Posts
I'd personally take Gago over De la Red every single day of the week.

·
Registered
6,035 Posts
Funny how you value Gago's "efforts" on the pitch and not Raul's.
Oh, I don't know, perhaps because my plea was on the basis of midfield modification? And maybe it also has something to do with the idea that a certain player should not be given a place merely out of name or even past history. If Gago is ''out of form'', he should visit the bench; but I don't think you and I can or could proudly claim that Raul would have considering his regal name.

But, for the sake of argument, Raul's efforts will be lauded when I deem it to be necessary not because you have suddenly jumped out of nowhere and asked me to.

Fvck "efforts". Even I can go running like a headless chicken on the pitch for Real Madrid and I will even do it for free.
I don't think so: Try empathizing for a second: You, on your own, in front of the eyes of one of the most finicky supporters in world football trying to win a ball, or make a tackle without making an error for the greatest club of all humanity! Yet, you commit one understandable blunder and every single one of them boos you to smithereens until the 90th minute . . . I believe something like misery will creep into your brain.

As a result, payments for consultation will be necessary.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I agree with you but thats why Im not playing for Real Madrid and if they can't handle the pressure then they aren't Real Madrid material. Its simple.

As I see things they aren't much better then me. They lack personality and self confidence to play for Real Madrid if what the fans says desturbs them.

The only players in Real Madrid whos efforts are enough are homegrown players. And efforts are enough till your 22, from then on you have to show some great performance to stay in Real Madrid.

This isn't Seville or Atletic Bilbao this is Real Madrid. A club that must contend for every posible title every single year. And with this bunch of "Sevilla" players we will contend for the place in CL and not the title.

1 - 20 of 285 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.