Xtratime Community banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Senior Poster of the year 2007
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

SEVILLA FC vs FC BARCELONA
Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán (Sevilla) | Sat, Nov 29 | 22:00

We start the Grand Slam of December in Sevilla. Barcelona reach this point with 3 points over the 2nd and 5 points over Sevilla, who are 5th in the standings. Basically, we face this month with some comfort and without any pressure to win no matter how. On the other hand, I think that the team should face this month to show authority and to put the so wished 19th Liga title on the right track.

The first stage is a big test. Probably, the most difficult rival we faced this season until now. Sevilla have the best defense in La Liga. Jimenez want to recover the prestige of his team through the defense and he achieved it so far. They just received 8 goals in 12 games, a pretty good record. Besides, add their quality in attack, where they have 2 great scorers like Luis Fabiano and Kanoute. In the service line, players like Navas, Capel and Adriano open the field and cut defenses like a knife. In midfield, Romaric, Duscher, Maresca and Renato give them versatility and muscle. In defense, plenty options and Squillaci and Fernando Navarro as main stars. In conclussion, a magnificent rival in front of us.

This is a test for the team and let's hope that our team start to respond in the big moments. A victory in this game would make us get the respect of all our rivals... even more. It'd be a signal of power and authority. If we want the crown, we must give our best here.

VISCA EL BARÇA I VISCA CATALUNYA!

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Puyol, Touré and Eto'o all rested means they're gonna be starter on Saturday for sure.
I think this time the line-up is gonna like this:

Valdes
Alves-Marquez-Piqué-Puyol
Touré
Xavi-----Busquets
Messi-------------Henry
Eto'o

I'm confident we can get something from this game.

VISCA EL BARÇA

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree with Carles. I think this is the best lineup we can field nowadays.

·
Messiah
9,580 Posts
Hleb instead of Bosquets ?

·
Registered
9,698 Posts
I'd go with Caceres in the left, Puyol in for Pique, maybe this is the only way to change the lineup, not to forget Pep would maybe give Kieta a run at his old team..

I wish we could get out of this with 3 points and injury, cards free.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Puyol, Touré and Eto'o all rested means they're gonna be starter on Saturday for sure.
I think this time the line-up is gonna like this:

Valdes
Alves-Marquez-Piqué-Puyol
Touré
Xavi-----Busquets
Messi-------------Henry
Eto'o

I'm confident we can get something from this game.

VISCA EL BARÇA

Agreed 100%, pique needs to start, we need someone tall to mark kanoute

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Biscuits?! :howler:

I think the key is going to be the midfield. We must look for superiority in this aspect, in quality and numbers. They're going to field two defensive mids, so I'm sure that they'll focus on covering Xavi in order to stop our creation. So the other mids, either Busquets, Touré, Keita or whoever play there should show up and do a good job.

I wonder if Jimenez will be brave to play with Capel to keep Alves in line or if he's going to use Adriano, more defensive minded.

The CBs should take care. Anticipation is important to stop Kanoute, as he protects the ball extremely well, and with the diagonals of Luis Fabiano in his off-ball game. If we could have a proper left back available, Puyol should be a CB. Let's see how Guardiola will surprise us this time.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Who is Joaquin? Have I missed something?

Their coach is Manolo Jimenez is it not?

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
The line-up given by Carles is pretty much the strongest we can field imo. So this will probably mean that Busquets will be out of the Valencia game as i dont see him being able to resist the temptation to not get a yellow card in a competitive game.

Also glad that Guddy had a good game against Sporting and if needed should do the job decently. Same goes to Bojan who hopefully put the bad outing against Getafe behind him and gained confidence with scoring the penalty and getting the Sporting goalie sent off.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
You're not thinking of former Sevilla and current Athletic coach Joaquin Caparros are you K4?

I had to double-check too see if Jimenez got fired recently. :howler:

·
40,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You're not thinking of former Sevilla and current Athletic coach Joaquin Caparros are you K4?
For any reason, I always confuse his name. I guess I just want to forget his name and his partners in the defense of Sevilla of the early 90s, Diego and Martagón, what a bunch of butchers they were. Like Javi Navarro and Pablo Alfaro, but in evil version, imagine. :D

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
Is Navarro still playing in Sevilla? :scared:

1 - 20 of 202 Posts